Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/5/12

Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh damn Hope. You're gonna make me do it.... {{{{Hug}}}}

I can relate to how you feel and not wanted to bring down others but to be honest that's why we're here... as one big dysfunctional family!
Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate it. {{{Hug}}} right back atcha.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, my heart goes out to you with the fibro and self blame. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult a time you are having, but I know you can beat this. Your good nutrition should go a long way in helping you get back to a good place physically and emotionally. Keep checking in--lot of hands here for you to grab onto and lots of ears to listen.

Donna, I hope you enjoyed the broccoli, egg and cheese or if you didn't, that you will soon. Your advice to Hope on the exercise sounds great--about not stressing about getting to the gym, but doing whatever she can.

Frenchhen, congrats on your super food salads and on making a nice dent in your list of things you'd like to accomplish.

Mike, LOL on our being one big dysfunctional family. I'm in!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't post yesterday so I'll try to catch up. I haven't been logging today, but I'm get it logged before today is up.

T
EAM MISFIT GOALS:

1: Post Start Weight--184.0, 190.4
2: Log Everything & Make Log Public--no, yes
ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal
01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
3: Walk at least 6 miles--0,0, 0
4: 64 oz water daily--33.8, 118.3, 84.5
5: 3 servings fruits/veggies daily--3, 3, 2
Old 11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, You ask what I put in my Super Food Salad?

I put about 3 HUGE handfuls of either Spinach, or Romaine or when I have it, homegrown lettuces in a bowl, then I top it with 1/2 ounce of Dried Cranberries, two sliced Mushrooms, 4 Kalamata Olives, 1 tablespoon of unsalted Sunflower Seeds, A little Feta cheese (If I measured it it should be about 1 teaspoon solid, but I then crumble it) one half of a softball sized tomato & Slivered Red Onions.

I make a salad dressing with Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar (1/3 cup of each) salt Free Italian Herb Seasoning 1 1/2 Tablespoon, 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Onion, 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic, Ground Black Pepper to taste. It makes a cup. It keeps on the counter top, and I use it (1 Tablespoon) to top my salad. I like to also use it on Steamed Vegetables.

I like this salad because it has a lot of texture, and micro-nutrients. Keeps me very happy. And yes the olives and cheese makes it a little salty, but this is my salty shot for the whole day. Most everything else I eat is raw or naturally occurring sodium in my foods throughout the day.

Last edited by frenchhen3; 11-07-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Errors in recipe
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Goals for the week
1. Keep carbs and protein in check Mon-yes, Tues-giving myself half since carbs were, protein no,Carbs no, protein yes
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and veggies Mon-no,Tues-yes, Wed-5
3. Drink the water!! Mon-noTues and Wed-yes
4. Exercise 5x for 30 mins (does cleaning count?)Mon-giving myself a yes, Tues-35, Wed-30

Personal Goals
1. Clean hall closet (can't find anything) BIG YES
2. Finish bagging leaves not yet
3. Stay positive

Jenn
great job so far! NIce work on keeping the protein in check instead of letting it go with the carbs.

Originally Posted by canary52
Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate it. {{{Hug}}} right back atcha.
Anytime. Well, maybe not. I van be stingy with the cyber hugs.

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, my heart goes out to you with the fibro and self blame. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult a time you are having, but I know you can beat this. Your good nutrition should go a long way in helping you get back to a good place physically and emotionally. Keep checking in--lot of hands here for you to grab onto and lots of ears to listen.

Donna, I hope you enjoyed the broccoli, egg and cheese or if you didn't, that you will soon. Your advice to Hope on the exercise sounds great--about not stressing about getting to the gym, but doing whatever she can.

Frenchhen, congrats on your super food salads and on making a nice dent in your list of things you'd like to accomplish.

Mike, LOL on our being one big dysfunctional family. I'm in!
I figure that's the best way to describe us.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 PM

Hope, my mother has fibro too, and I see what it does to her. I'm sorry you are dealing with that and having a hard time. I'm sure you will pull through and feel more positive soon. Sometimes it takes a lot of willpower to alter the mood, but whatever it takes, I'm sure you can do it.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 PM

1. Aim for 1600 calories/day.
close-1750. going the wrong way-1805. getting further from goal
2. Take meds 2x day.
yes. yes. yes.
3. Do some sort of exercise 3x this week with Sara for at least 20 minutes each time.
no. no. yes.
4. Log everything everyday.
yes. yes. yep.

Not doing so well in the calorie department. I plan my day ahead of time right in the target range, but it never ends up that way. So frustrated with myself. For today my calories are planned for 1419 with all other percentages being right where I want them to be. Let's see if I can do it.

On the bright side, I am doing extremely well with my meds and also with logging (even when it's ugly).

Hope everyone has a happy day!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

I've gone MIA for the better part of the week. I truly suck I'll do a full update on goals when I get home. It has NOT been good though.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Food and fitness:
1) Plan meals - yup, yes, yes
2) Try to stick to meal plans (or close) - yup, no, mostly
3) Mindful eating (I like that, Frenchhen; I hope you don't mind I'm using it)- ish, no, yes
4) Water - 36 oz, c'mon 6 glasses - 64oz woo hoo, 56 oz, 72 oz
5) Do not be a carb monster - decent, did pretty well on that, yes
6) 2 gym visits or walks (even short) min, 2 c'mon how hard can that be? (answer with fibro: very hard but NOT IMPOSSIBLE) -nope, no, no but I did exercise at home
7) stretch -yup, no, yes twice

Personal
8) Wriiiiiiite - yup, yes and class, some journal stuff
9) Meditate -nope, in my car for my friend's sister who was having open heart surgery, yes
10) mindful speech/listen -nope, no, yes
11) Practice Spanish -nope, no, yes
12) I'm adding this: keep under 1600 calories: yes, no, 1305

I am feeling better today. I had a full restful night sleep, a good dream and woke up determined to get out of this funk. Thank you all.

Mike, I know that cyber hug was hard to give; I kinda pushed you into it.

Tori, you do not suck and you are back.

Frenchhen super salad sounds super except hold the olives for me. Just never liked`em.

Lisa, so sad to hear about your mom having fibro. But you are doing great with the meds and logging.

Donna your exercise whenever and however suggestion was great. I tried it and it helps.

Mern, that egg cheese broccoli combo sounds awesome... I think I'm fighting an upper respiratory thing so I am trying to avoid cheese but I will be eating that in the future...

Hugs to all. Unlike Mike, I give `em up easily....

Last edited by canary52; 11-08-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Exercise > 40 mins 3 days: 70, 50, 55
  • Calories < 1600 per day: 1467, 1422, 995
  • Protein > 50 grams / day: 36, 55, 44
  • Vegetables > 2.5 c / day: 2, 2.5, 3
I OD'd on fruits and vegetables yesterday. Ate the grapefruit(s), apples, olives (they're a fruit, right), and spinach, brocolli, lots of carrots. Good news: low in calories, high in vitamins, bad news: low in protein. Only protein was some cheese & 3 ozs turkey. I'll have to make up for that today, I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.