Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/5/12

Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

I've been really sick with fibro for over a month and it's triggered something in me, this weird kind of self hatred, like I blame myself for always being sick. I don't know. I don't want to give up so I came here. It was tough to post this beause I don't want to depress anybody and I know I'll be OK. I will be OK. This will move and I will feel better. Thanks.

Last edited by canary52; 11-07-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I've been really sick with fibro for over a month and it's triggered something in me, this weird kind of self hatred, like I blame myself for always being sick. I don't know. I don't want to give up so I came here. It was tough to post this beause I don't want to depress anybody and I know I'll be OK. I will be OK. This will move and I will feel better. Thanks.

Hope... I know how strong you are and you will overcome this. Thank you for posting it.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hope - I am so sorry that you have been going through such a tough time over the past month or so. I am sure what you are feeling is completely normal. I remember going through several months of being really ill a few years back and my doc told me that my serotonin levels were so completely depleted from being sick and stressed out that it was perfectly normal to feel depressed, and I did have that hatred and self blame going on... and felt completely out of control to turn it around. But I did, and got better. Yes you will be okay - and you will feel better soon! I am glad you were able to share with us. Hang in there and big hugs to you! Ama
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,
Broccoli, cheese, & egg sounds delicious. I'm going to have some of that.

Hope,
If you can't make it to the gym, just do a few minutes of workout when you can. Even 3 - 5 mins every now and then helps to make you feel better. When I was at one of my lowest points, mentally & physically, I started doing presses against a wall, mainly to keep from banging my head against it. That helped me to work up to being much better.

For me it's best to forget trying to get to the gym, instead do 'anywhere' workouts whenever I can. I do 'wait lifts' waiting in checkout lines even (tri. kickbacks, curls, verticals, etc.) I don't care if it looks dumb, as long as I look fabulous!

- Donna
Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

First of all, I want to thank you guys so much. Just venting helped but the caring also means so much.

April, you are an amazing and special person, so generous and compassionate. I really did miss you.

Ama, thanks for sharing your story and the "hugs." So sorry to hear you went through such a hard time and so glad to hear you've moved past that.

Donna, thanks for the really good advice. I do have to adjust my ideas about how I "work out." I think what you do is so smart and exercise and movement do help, mentally and physically. Plus I am sure you do look fabulous!

Thank you all also for supporting me in my posting of this. It really was a cry of the heart and you guys heard.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

1. Ingest 64 oz water minimum.M,W
2. Log food.M,W
3. Slow down and be mindful when eating.M!T
4. Walk dogs M-T-W-Th- (then walk dog F, S, Sun) (one dog is going duck hunting f-sun)M!T,

Went out to dinner last night and I "Passed" on adding on a salad. I never feel that restaurant salads are that good for you. Plus as an add on item I feel them grossly overpriced. I make a super-food salad that I have gotten very used to, and most other salads pale in comparison. I didn't log what I ate, and probably didn't get in enough water.

I started my day today with a list of things that I would like to accomplish and I have made quite a dent in it!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Be as kind to yourself as someone else would be to you. We are SO HARD on ourselves when we aren't in good health/injured/sick. A little TLC from YOU will go a long way. It might even help in feeling better! If I could send a cup of tea your way I would, For now... [_]0 <---there's a little one.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen that is so sweet and the cup is so cute. (and tea sounds so comforting) You are right about compassion to oneself. I've gotta stop beating myself up; I feel bad enough already.

What is in the superfood salad?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
1. Keep carbs and protein in check Mon-yes, Tues-giving myself half since carbs were, protein no,Carbs no, protein yes
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and veggies Mon-no,Tues-yes, Wed-5
3. Drink the water!! Mon-noTues and Wed-yes
4. Exercise 5x for 30 mins (does cleaning count?)Mon-giving myself a yes, Tues-35, Wed-30

Personal Goals
1. Clean hall closet (can't find anything) BIG YES
2. Finish bagging leaves not yet
3. Stay positive

Jenn
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Oh damn Hope. You're gonna make me do it.... {{{{Hug}}}}

I can relate to how you feel and not wanted to bring down others but to be honest that's why we're here... as one big dysfunctional family!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.