1. Aim for 1600 calories/day.
close-1750. going the wrong way-1805.
2. Take meds 2x day.
3. Do some sort of exercise 3x this week with Sara for at least 20 minutes each time.
4. Log everything everyday.
I went over on my calories yesterday because Sara and I made home made chewy granola squares (oats, honey, peanut butter, chocolate, raisins, peanuts, rice krispies) that were sinfully delicious. I had 3.5 squares If I hadn't have had those I would have been under 1600 calories. shoulda coulda woulda
Sara is doing really well for the most part. She was really high in carbs and calories yesterday, also because of the granola squares. She couldn't stop at just one either. Maybe when we make treats we need to be strict and save them for a bed time snack, so that we have just one at the very end of the day. We have been sorely under recommendation in the veggies department. All other food groups are going right on target. Oh...fiber is often low as well. Looking forward to talking to the nutritionist on Saturday. I have so many questions for her. I should write them down now as I think of them so I don't forget at the time of the call.
Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Exercise min 30 min M-F (weekend may involve staining the deck if it's warm & dry enough) M: 30min of cardio kickboxing followed by pilates stretching Woohoo!, T: Repeat of M , W: Ditto M&T,
3. Walk on lunch (remember this goal that I have abandoned) 3 times this week M: No, T: Yes,
4. List everything here that I shouldn't have eaten but did anyway M: In white for those who don't want to see it...homemade brownies w/chocolate chips sprinkled on top topped off with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup....and shared a plate of cheese & crackers with hubby and ate way too manyT: repeat of M without the brownies & chocolate syrup but with cream cheese instead of cubed
5. Weigh and post it M: Forgot to weigh, T: Forgot again, W: 240.6
Life Goals ...
1. Be nice M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Listen M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Finish folding laundry before starting it again next weekend M: Not yet, T: Nope
I have to get the night time eating back in control. I got this the rest of the day and even dinner is getting better. But the snacks at night are out of control totally. So what did I do last night? I saw a new recipe for a very beautiful awesome cake in a magazine and while I was at the grocery store I got all the ingredients to make it. I really am a glutton for punishment. The one thing that remains constant for me is the exercise right now. If I were eating totally right and exercising at the level I am right now I know that my scale would be going in the right direction. I need all things to be done right, not half assed like I have been doing it.
__________________ April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys
Well, crud!!! I composed and thought I posted a long post. I must have hit the Prevciew Post button instead of the Submit Reply button.
Quickly then from memory:
Didn't log yesterday but resisted doughnuts calling my name all day. However, to avoid those, I ate too much sugar free chocolate, so probably went over in sat fat. Calories, carbs, cholesterol would have been ok.
Special kudos to April for your exercise Lisa for your hard work.
Mike, yup, the reference to parishes was for you. I was reminded not everyone goes by counties when I heard a reference to the boroughs of New York on TV.
Hugs of encouragement to everyone else.
BreaKfast this morning was leftover mashed broccoli with cheese into which I beat the equivalent of two eggs (zero cholesterol egg substitute) and soft-scrambled them. Came out like a stiffer souffle, but was delicious. I'd make it deliberately like that again.
Lunch will be a roast beef wrap with fresh spinach.
Dinner will be lean pork, tossed salad and a low carb green veggie.
Other small meals will be protein shakes with celery and peanut butter or celery and chicken salad.
Age 66, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever 246 lbs. in the fall of 2010
FitDay starting weight 1/17/11 240 lbs.
Weight 3/11/2013 222.5 Weight 5/1/2013 231 Weight 5/8/2013 227.5
Food and fitness:
1) Plan meals - yup, yes
2) Try to stick to meal plans (or close) - yup, no
3) Mindful eating (I like that, Frenchhen; I hope you don't mind I'm using it)- ish, no
4) Water - 36 oz, c'mon 6 glasses - 64oz woo hoo, 56 oz
5) Do not be a carb monster - decent, did pretty well on that
6) 2 gym visits or walks (even short) min, 2 c'mon how hard can that be? (answer with fibro: very hard but NOT IMPOSSIBLE) -nope, no
7) stretch -yup, no
8) Wriiiiiiite - yup, yes and class
9) Meditate -nope, in my car for my friend's sister who was having open heart surgery
10) mindful speech/listen -nope, no
11) Practice Spanish -nope, no
12) I'm ading this: keep under 1600 calories: yes, no
I actually did better than I thought.
Mini goal: 128 by 6/2 using real and healing foods
I really went nuts with the food yesterday. Woke up, felt crappy physically (which makes me feel crappy in other ways) and figured I'd give up on the goals this week. Then I came onto the forum, saw Mern's post with her plan and figured I'd try. This thread is motivational. Sorry I didnt get to read the others; I will try and catch up. But hugs to all.
So my plan:
Ezkiel English muffin with Tofutti cream cheese
bacon (no nitrite), egg (local) and swiss cheese (low fat)
grass fed burger with raw onion
organic cheese sticks
Applegate organic turkey breast
Mini goal: 128 by 6/2 using real and healing foods