Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/5/12

Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz
If you weren't keeping such a close eye on calories yourself you might not notice she had a calorie deficit. Perhaps let her try this for a while and see if she still feels energetic and alert. If so, I think I'd not worry too much about the numbers, but focus on the quality of the food she's eating.
I think you are very right about this...focusing on the quality and balance is the most important thing, along with learning to make good choices.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Here I am again. Starting over. I feel new at this whole goal making thing so slow & steady wins the race. My hubby even commented to me that it isn't so easy going now that I am not so overweight as I was when I started.

I did something that I have never done before this morning and thought you guys would like to hear it. The warm up for my kickboxing video this morning included a 2 min jump rope. I did it! I didn't have a jumprope so did the motions (like in 30 day shred) and HOLY COW I did it for 2 full minutes. .... Then I have to also say that until the end of my video I honestly thought I might puke. I have never gotten to that point before but this morning I did. Know what? I'm gonna do it again tomorrow! Take that!

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. Exercise min 30 min M-F (weekend may involve staining the deck if it's warm & dry enough) M: 30min of cardio kickboxing followed by pilates stretching Woohoo!,
3. Walk on lunch (remember this goal that I have abandoned) 3 times this week
4. List everything here that I shouldn't have eaten but did anyway
5. Weigh and post it M: Forgot to weigh,

Life Goals ...
1. Be nice
2. Listen
3. Finish folding laundry before starting it again next weekend
Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie ... I had forgotten about your House of Schizophrenic Food stories. I can barely wait for the cabinet inventory this year! LOL ... I have been deciding on my hair too. I usually have bangs but they are currently past my nose and I can't decide to let them keep growing (see my profile pic) or cut them back where they usually are. The issue I have mainly is that they are straight and the rest of my hair is permed. Decisions....decisions...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

April, you jumped rope. You... are... a... goddess. So glad you are back!!

Cassie, I too await the inventory. Know that we are with you saying holy cow! Whaaaaa?

And girls, I am with you on the hair thing. My question is should I stay with my stylist who gives me the same ol' same ol' even as I request change or chance it with someone who I don't know? Should I just shave off most of my hair and dye it lavender? Not sure that would be a good look for me...

Oh: question for everyone: I broke my food scale (apparently they don't like being accidentally dropped from great heights. Who knew?) Does anyone have a food scale to recommend? I might be able to get a Biggest Loser scale on a spiff DH has. Are those any good?

And finally:

Food plan:
Breakfast:
Ezkiel English muffin with raisins and Tofutti cream cheese
apple
Lunch:
chicken drumstick with no skin
3 oz chicken breast
1/2 small sweet potato
Dinner:
grilled shrimp and scallops
broccoli
Snacks:
2 cheese sticks
one 100 calorie bag of cinnamon almonds

Last edited by canary52; 11-05-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 AM

I'm pretty happy, and I thought I'd mention it since I've been talking about getting my daughter, Sara, on board with me through this journey. My husband's insurance program covers wellness and life coaches. I currently talk to a nutritionist and I also just started talking to a behavioral therapist. I just made a phone call to my nutritionist, and we have an appointment on Saturday to discuss things, and I asked about Sara. So happy that she's scheduling a little extra time for me to educate me on how to properly and safely address her issues (like what to do about the calorie deficit thing). Yea! I was going to take her to the pediatrician, but here I have a certified nutritionist who is qualified to talk about children, and the best part? It's FREE!!! That is a true blessing with my husband not working right now. So, anyways, I'll be posting goals for the both of us here since I'm responsible for keeping us both track.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

DH and I did not do too badly this weekend with food. We only ate out one time, and it was at a sushi restaurant. Hard to overeat there! And I made a really good dinner last night, sea bass baked with capers and lemon, and baked carrots and brussel sprouts. This has been my first decent food weekend in quite a while! Thankfully the Halloween candy is out. We only went to a few houses with DS last week, so the stash fit easily into a cereal bowl and did not last long!

I did a lot of reading about the Paleo diet yesterday. Has anyone tried it… advice? DH and I tend toward the whole foods they recommend anyway, so it would not be too much of a stretch. The biggest problem would be eating a lot more meat, and a lot less grains (i.e. bread, rice). We have a few organic grass-fed ranches in the area, but the meat is expensive, so we have always limited buying the really good stuff. We could buy ¼ grass-fed local cow, but then would need to purchase a deep freeze… not sure I want to commit to that yet!

Goals
Lots of H2O:
Stick with mostly whole foods:
Cook 4/5 nights this week:
Gym 2x this week:
Clean out 1 cupboard/day:
Plan Thanksgiving dinner:
Buy a jump-rope (or at least do the motions, thanks April!):

Cassie - Looking forward to hearing the Schizophrenic Food story also . My Thanksgiving house always ends up as the House of Butter and Wine...

Happy Monday everyone! Ama
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hullo! Sorry for being so intermittent these days... I haven't gotten on the scale in a couple of weeks, but I can tell I've gained some weight Trying to figure out how to make this happen, but as I'm sure you all can tell from my absence, it's not sticking too great right now. But hey, here I am!

Goals:
1.) Drink 64 oz water/day
2.) Go for 3 walks (or something more strenuous, but at least that)
3.) Start working on ASTRO 550 proposal
4.) Write something (anything!) and decide plots for ASTRO 597 project
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa ... I just wanted to commend you on taking an active role in your daughter's health. It seems like you are doing it the way it should be done. Not discouraging her from eating but encouraging eating the healthier foods. Promote the positive instead of making her feel bad about a less than stellar choice. I think you are doing a great job. I also wouldn't worry about her having a caloric deficit. As long as she feels full, happy & healthy and full of energy then she is getting enough. Guidelines are not set in stone and they don't always work exactly for every person. .... A free nutrionist would be awesome! Definitely take advantage of that service.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
I did a lot of reading about the Paleo diet yesterday. Has anyone tried it… advice? DH and I tend toward the whole foods they recommend anyway, so it would not be too much of a stretch. The biggest problem would be eating a lot more meat, and a lot less grains (i.e. bread, rice). We have a few organic grass-fed ranches in the area, but the meat is expensive, so we have always limited buying the really good stuff. We could buy ¼ grass-fed local cow, but then would need to purchase a deep freeze… not sure I want to commit to that yet!
There is a thread for the Paleo diet so you can ask people there.
Jenn
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in and am on track.

Breakfast was: spinach omelet with two tablespoons of cheese sauce
Lunch was a veggie burger on half a low carb tortilla with fresh spinach
About to have a protein shake for a snack
Dinner will be cod, mashed cauliflower, ranch dressing coleslaw
Other snacks will be another protein shake, almonds, cold leftover cod

Taking the day off exercise.

Kudos to all who are doing well and huge cyberhugs to those who aren't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.