Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/5/12

Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Here is a picture of me from my brother's wedding 3 yrs ago.

me.jpg
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Here is a picture of me from my brother's wedding 3 yrs ago.

Attachment 379

3 years ago? I guess this is the before pic? Did I miss the during/after pic?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Mike this is the after pic :P
(it's during the reception)

I look about the same.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, okay. I'm sorry, I misunderstood.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 AM

1. Aim for 1600 calories/day.
close-1750. going the wrong way-1805. getting further from goal. 1513 I did it! Holy cow...1000!!! Yea...1540!
2. Take meds 2x day.
yes. yes. yes. 5 hours late tonight, but yes. only a.m. yes.
3. Do some sort of exercise 3x this week with Sara for at least 20 minutes each time.
no. no. yes.no. no yes, but not with Sara.
4. Log everything everyday.
yes. yes. yep. yes. yes. yes.

I've really been in a groove with my calories the past few days. I've made it through day 1 of a 3 day weekend without binging on crap. So excited! I can't believe it. And the scale is rewarding me for it, too. The nutritionist said I need to get Sara active every single day. Oh, boy. That's going to be hard. There is a park nearby that has a walk all the way around it that I think is like a mile. I'm thinking we can try that, but it seems so long. I told her we can go around the park and then she can play on the monkey bars afterwards. Her face lit up about that. She asked if we can do that tomorrow (which is now later today), so we'll see what happens.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like a good week Lisa. Good for you turning the calories around.

Question...
This morning I woke up feeling a little lightheaded (I know I didn't eat enough for dinner). Tested my glucose number and it was 1.0 which works out to low 100s. I have been getting weird readings lately so I'm going to follow up with pharmacist to make sure monitor is working correctly. Just wondering whether any other people with type 2 have ever had a reading that low. The lowest I've ever had is 3.5. It should be between 4 and 6.

Thanks, Jenn
Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa, you are doing very well...yay! Sometimes stringing a few great days together is great motivation to keep it up. What else did the nutritionist have to say?

Jenn, I'm not sure what to tell you other than to check with your pharmacist or doc. I hope you feel better soon.

Frenchhen, that's a great idea about the chicken breasts. I will look for the turkey breasts also; they are all on sale this time of year and I just got 2 more turkeys in the freezer last night. Fortunately my son loves the dark meat and my hubby and I like the white. It did occur to me that I need to get a bigger pot for stock, though, in the spirit of using every last bit of the bird!

So many recipes, so little time. My "things to try" stack is growing faster than I can get to them .
Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn- thanks for posting your photo! That color is perfect for you!

Cassie- the little roasts have dark meat too! The dark meat is laid across the underside of the breast and then tied together. the brand is Honeysuckle white, i'd post a link to the product but I don't think it is allowed. They have one that is all breast meat too, but I buy the combo one. And it isn't "chewed up and put back together" it's made like they make a boneless pork loin.

Lisa- that mile walk may look daunting, but you can do it. You can stop and rest, you don't have to hoof it, just walk it. Stroll! Make it fun with you and your baby girl, talk, laugh, hold hands, giggle. Stop and turn over a rock and look for bugs, whatever! Today it might seem long, 10 times from now it won't seem that long at all! I felt that way about my walks when I started out, and even still someday's its all I can do to get those shoes on and go, but I always feel better afterwards.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Franchhen, thank you. I was just hoping they would find a cure too this morning as DH and I try to figure out what to do. And not just for myself but for others and the peopel who surround us.

I love these discussions about food. Such good ideas. I have been eating organic cold cuts but what you guys are talking about I KNOW is better.

Cassie you always have such good info and ideas; thanks everyone. I miss Amy (Almeeker); she would be right on this too.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Food and fitness:
1) Plan meals - yup, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes (didn't post it on the thread
2) Try to stick to meal plans (or close) - yup, no, mostly, I traded out lunch but I stayed within my limits no -ate too much at the group and have been nauseous since, no but yesterday I did fine
3) Mindful eating (I like that, Frenchhen; I hope you don't mind I'm using it)- ish, no, yes, yes no, yes
4) Water - 36 oz, c'mon 6 glasses - 64oz woo hoo, 56 oz, 72 oz, 56 oz, 64, 36
5) Do not be a carb monster - decent, did pretty well on that, yes, yes no, yes
6) 2 gym visits or walks (even short) min, 2 c'mon how hard can that be? (answer with fibro: very hard but NOT IMPOSSIBLE) -nope, no, no but I did exercise at home, no exerciseed at home, no
7) stretch -yup, no, yes twice, yes twice, yes no

Personal
8) Wriiiiiiite - yup, yes and class, some journal stuff, the most I've done in a while though I am still stiff from sitting at the desk, yes no
9) Meditate -nope, in my car for my friend's sister who was having open heart surgery, yes, yes, yes a bit
10) mindful speech/listen -nope, no, yes, meh, I thought I was; so-so
11) Practice Spanish -nada; nada todo nada; si; si por dos horas en classe y mas, si no
12) I'm adding this: keep under 1600 calories: yes, no, 1305, 1285 over, 1444

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.