Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The bad, the fattening, and the guilt! >

The bad, the fattening, and the guilt!

Community
Notices

The bad, the fattening, and the guilt!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default The bad, the fattening, and the guilt!

I have read a couple of posts lately about "falling off the fit food wagon" and then kicking yourself for it later. I've been there many times (and almost every weekend lately!) It's hard to eat healthy all the time and when you're trying so hard, it makes it feel that much worse when you screw up. I thought I would open a post for anyone who needs to "confess" a bad eating day/night, or is looking for support when the cravings set in, or is just looking for someone to help pick them up when they've fallen.

"No man (or woman!) ever became great or good except through many and great mistakes"
Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

LOVE it!! I'm sure I'll be here again
Old 04-14-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

I've already eaten a small package of Cadbury Mini Eggs, but I'm not beating myself up over it. I counted it in my log and will have a smaller dinner with extra sides of low-cal veggies to make up for it.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

On Sunday, after a night of drinking, (baaaaad!!) I ate half of a frozen pepperoni pizza. It was AMAZING and I don't feel bad about it cause I was shakin my tail feathers all night the night before!

avelina- I love those mini eggs!!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

double double cheeseburger protein style (no bread or condiments, wrapped in lettuce) from In and Out - 520 calories but 4 days worth of fat for me... worked out extra hard at the gym to make up for it, but still haunting me a lil bit.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Tonight I succumbed to a take out chinese craving! 3 Steamed pot stickers, 1 Spring Roll, beef and broccoli, and sweet and sour chicken. Completely pigged out. But, I'll make up for it tomorrow :-)
Old 04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Oh I love this idea! The weekend is upon us, I am sure I will be back with some major confessions!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Love this thread too, btw!

So, last night I was out at dinner time, and everyone was having pizza. I decided to have one piece, and I could eat something a little more healthy if I was hungry when I got home later. Good decision, right?

Yeah, that one kind of backfired. I was starving when I got home, and instead of having anything healthy, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I felt guilty and had an "oh, just screw it" moment (100% illogical, I know!!!) and ate another peanut butter and jelly sandwich, four pouches of kids' fruit snacks, and a popsicle. I don't even like fruit snacks!!!

Today I'm up 0.5lbs and feel like crap from guilt and sugar overload. I'm going to drink lots of water, hit the gym hard, and get myself back on track.

Lessons learned:
1. Carry healthy snacks with me.
2. An extra piece of pizza to keep away hunger would have been better than the binge later.
3. "Oh, just screw it" is NOT a reason to eat!

Now I need to make those lessons stick!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fletch8502
Love this thread too, btw!

So, last night I was out at dinner time, and everyone was having pizza. I decided to have one piece, and I could eat something a little more healthy if I was hungry when I got home later. Good decision, right?

Yeah, that one kind of backfired. I was starving when I got home, and instead of having anything healthy, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I felt guilty and had an "oh, just screw it" moment (100% illogical, I know!!!) and ate another peanut butter and jelly sandwich, four pouches of kids' fruit snacks, and a popsicle. I don't even like fruit snacks!!!

Today I'm up 0.5lbs and feel like crap from guilt and sugar overload. I'm going to drink lots of water, hit the gym hard, and get myself back on track.

Lessons learned:
1. Carry healthy snacks with me.
2. An extra piece of pizza to keep away hunger would have been better than the binge later.
3. "Oh, just screw it" is NOT a reason to eat!

Now I need to make those lessons stick!
I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I have done the same thing many times. I've actually gotten a jar of Goober (you know, the peanut butter and jelly mixed in a jar) and gone to town! Regret is the worst, but you'll make up for it :-)