Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Old 10-31-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa! Congratulations on your good day! Your menu looks good and I see you are adding a little more protein. I hope that helps with your hunger.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

A bit overboard on the protein, but my lean pork chops were so delicious and I had extra that I couldn't resist as an evening snack. Came in just under my cholesterol limit.

Green=on target Blue=off daily target but weekly goal attainable Red=missed target

Green tea--3 to 5 cups per day YES, YES
Choose most foods from those known to help boost metabolism YES, YES
Several small meals instead of three big ones YES, YES
Going for averages on all food intake goals:
Calories 1500 1241, close enough at 1503
Cholesterol 250mg or less 190mg, 248mg
Sat fat 10% of total calories 7%, 9%
Fiber 25g 29g 23g
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 26g, 26g
Protein minimum 120g 121g, 154g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water (can count the green tea) 64 oz. YES, YES

Today's planned menu
Small meal #1 protein shake and leftover soup veggies (11 year old granddaughter and friend enjoyed for an after school snack yesterday of almost all the remaining yummy homemade soup broth, leaving just damp veggies in the fridge container. )
Small meal #2 lean, preservative free deli roast beef with fresh spinach and horseradish sauce on a low carb, high fiber tortilla
Small meal #3 nuked wild caught pollock fish and ranch dressing coleslaw
Small meal #4 veggie burger with cheese, cooked cauliflower
Snacks: another protein shake, almonds or walnuts, sugar free dark chocolate to help keep myself out of the Halloween candy, thawed from frozen uncooked broccoli (yeah, that's what I said ) with ranch dressing
Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesdays Results

Goals:
Calories < 1700:1515, 1689
3 Workouts:MON, TUES
Progress toward my next mini-goal: Pending
Not Beat Mike up about his dreadful New Orleans Saints loss to the Broncos more than a couple times.

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
1. Goal is less than 1600 calories/day.
No...closer (1913), very close 1677! (does that count as a success? i hope so because i felt really good about it!)
2. Continue logging all food no matter how ugly it gets.
did it! yep.
3. Take meds 2x day on time.
yes! yes!
4. Weigh & measure everything.
yes! did good.
Great job Lisa!! And I would say that YES your calories count was a success.
You don't have to be perfect... Just better!

My knee is still bothering me. Thought it was getting better but it was really bad again this morning. Looks like my workout goal is not going to happen this week. Just have to make up for it in other ways. On a positive note I may have actually figured out portion control. This has been my nemesis since starting. Just trying to overcome a whole lifetime of too much food on my plate and even second and third portions.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm back from my back-packing trip. What was supposed to be a relaxing, reflective time turned into a true adventure. Our first few days were absolutely incredible! Temps in the upper 70's and amazing fall colors. But, our cabin proved to be an adventure in itself. The road in kept getting narrower and narrower, and steeper and steeper. The last .3 mile was a just about completely vertical, sharply curving, black-topped road barely the width of my SUV. No shoulders, one lane and a 20' drop on either side.

It was actually doable until hurricane Sandy's rain bands started to come in. Then the "Road From Hell" became wet and covered with slippery, soaked leaves on top of everything else. We stayed at the top of the mountain until the last night when the forecast indicated that temps at the higher elevations (us) would dip below freezing and freezing rain and snow were possible on the morning that we were going to leave at 5am to begin our trip home. When they suggested that we bring in bottled water and provisions "in case we were stranded for a few days", we asked the rental company for an alternative location.

So, we were moved to a luxurious cabin at a lower elevation for the last night at our request and other than a 200' vertical driveway, we made it out the following morning without incident. Because of the rain, we had to cancel some of our hikes and basically sat in a hot tub eating everything in sight (not exactly health food... ) washing it down with some wine that I picked up at a local winery. Needless to say, I gained much more weight than I lost and am back with a mission to lose 8 pounds by Thanksgiving. Goals to follow...

1. Calories under 1200; no exceptions.
2. No bread, cheese, deep-fried, etc.
3. Take vitamins and supplements.
4. 3-5 fruits and veggies a day.
5. Hike, weather permitting.

I have lots of reading to do to catch up on everyone's lives!! Feels good to be home... I need a vacation from my vacation!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rpmcduff

Mike;
Did you go into hiding after the dreadful Saints game?
yes. BTW I think a HS football team could have beaten the Saints.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quinniepoo, so nice to have you back. I guess if you are in, I have to come back.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinniepoo, so nice to have you back. I guess if you are in, I have to come back.
Hello, Cupcake! Yep, it's time for us to get our act together before we add on more weight with Thanksgiving and Christmas!!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
1. Keep carbs and protein in check 140/60 Mon,145/65--a little over because I had a large apple Tues 130/40 Went out to dinner so probably not.
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies Mon BIG YES-5 Tues and Wed 4
3. Drink water--at least 6 glasses!!! Mon YES, Tues-No maybe 5, Wed approximately 5
4. Log everything Mon and Tues yes
5. Clean bedroom and kitchen having work done in dining room so glasses are on counter but it is clean
6. Write working on it

Happy Hallowe'en everyone! We don't seem to get any kids anymore so we don't even have candy in the house.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

I was watching Dr. Oz this afternoon. While I don't always agree with his ideas I was curious about the show today as he had Chris Powell on talking about his book. Did anyone see this and if so what do you think?
Jenn
Old 10-31-2012, 12:43 PM

Mern, your daily menus always look so well balanced. I'm going to have to take notes from you.

Ron, sorry to hear your knee is giving you a rough time. Hope it feels better soon.

I started back up with Fitday 1 week ago, feeling frustrated and depressed from my fall head first off the wagon and the weight gain that followed. After I was invited to come to this group I started doing a lot better. Still struggling a little, but way better. And guess what? I lost 2.6 lbs!!! Yea It feels so good to be back in the lose column, and that was even after my major screw ups over the weekend. I'm sure part of it was water weight, but at least it's not on me anymore. So, thanks everyone for the encouragement and your posts are really motivating for me.

Happy Halloween!
Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.