Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Old 10-30-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen, I'm not in a race to lose, either. I just figure working extra hard these last two months of the year may be a good jumpstart for the new year and get me off this plateau. Thanks so much for YOUR encouragement. There's more than one right way to do things, so as long as you're getting good nutrition, if you prefer to enjoy a more limited menu than I to make logging less of a chore, no one can fault you for that. Thanks for your kind words. I am definitely more healthy due to my eating lifestyle, having reduced my high blood sugar and high cholesterol through diet, but my scale is not cooperating right now. I'm stubborn enough to keep trying and adapting until I find how to make it ALL work. But, HEY--LOOK AT YOU--only 2 lbs. to goal. Talk about INSPIRING!

Lisa, I'll get a spaghetti squash for sure and will try your recipe next week. I'll certainly let you know what I thought of it. I think the times I tried spaghetti spaghetti squash before, I overcooked it and used only salt substitute to season it, so it didn't have enough flavor to begin with. In addition, my sauce (tomato) was simply poured atop the squash without further cooking to enable it to absorb any flavor from the sauce. I love practically anything au gratin, so I expect I'll love your recipe as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 AM

thanks for your suggestions, mern. before i fell off track i was eating every 2-3 hours and i was able to stay at around 1400 calories and not feel hungry. the trick is to figure out what i was eating at what time during the day. for some reason, it's been hard for me to figure out again. but last night i did figure out that a little protein is a good idea, like you suggested. i was up in the middle of the night and decided to hard boil some eggs to prepare for tonight's dinner and a lunch or two later in the week. i ended up eating just one egg and it's now 8:45 a.m., I'm just sitting down to eat my breakfast, and I did not feel starved at all up until this point.

i know before i was eating tuna sandwiches a lot, which is good protein too. i always seem to struggle getting enough protein, because i just don't like eating that much of it. but i am putting some beans on my menu next week to try to replace some of the meat. and i think the hard boiled eggs made into egg salad is a good idea, too. having that egg last night saved me from binging on crap. what a good thing!!! also, i remembered this week that i used to like pistachios, so i bought them again. you get quite a lot of nuts for 1 serving with pistachios, and they taste great with some good fats. and it takes time to shell each one, so they take longer to eat.

i just want to thank everyone here for making me feel welcome and for the encouragement and motivation you offer through sharing your efforts too. this has been great for me to get myself back into gear...just what i needed!

Lisa
Old 10-30-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mon...

• Work out 2 days > 40 min.s: 0,
  • Average < 1600 cals: 1084,
  • Vegetables: Y (Spinach, Broccoli, Carrots),
  • Protein (g): 43,
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default MONDAYS Results;

Goals:
Calories < 1700:1515
3 Workouts:MON
Progress toward my next mini-goal: Pending
Not Beat Mike up about his dreadful New Orleans Saints loss to the Broncos more than a couple times.

Mike;
Did you go into hiding after the dreadful Saints game?

Tori;
Sounds like time with your WHN has been good for you.

Be safe all of you in the wake of Hurricane Sandy! And be careful, these type of storms have been known to produce a baby boom in 9 months!

Hurt my knee, not sure how I tweaked it. But didn't go to the gym. My Workout goal is in real trouble as I have a Gun Show this weekend that I need to get things done for in the evenings. Just another obstacle to overcome.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff

Be safe all of you in the wake of Hurricane Sandy! And be careful, these type of storms have been known to produce a baby boom in 9 months!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tues.

• Work out 2 days > 40 min.s: 0, 20
  • Average < 1600 cals: 1084, 1242
  • Vegetables: Y, Y (Spinach, Broccoli, Carrots)
  • Protein (g): 43, 44
+ Just got through to Mom in New Jersey and all are fine, no damages at her place.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
1. Keep carbs and protein in check 140/60 Mon,145/65--a little over because I had a large apple Tues 130/40

2. 4 servings of fruits and veggiesMon BIG YES-5 Tues 4
3. Drink water--at least 6 glasses!!! Mon YES
Tues-No maybe 5
4. Log everythingMon and Tues yes
5. Clean bedroom and kitchenhaving work done in dining room so glasses are counter but it is clean
6. Write

Mern, yes the poem is me. Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Jenn
Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz
+ Just got through to Mom in New Jersey and all are fine, no damages at her place.
Glad to hear that!

Also, I'm not sure if you've posted your daily menu before and I'm not remembering...wondering what types of things you eat to stay so low in calories?

Lisa
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Log everything. M, T
10000 steps a day M, T
No snack nuts M,T
No excuses M,T

Yesterday was a really good day! I'm eager to see what awaits me today! I am so ready to take on the day today I am chomping at the bit!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:39 AM

1. Goal is less than 1600 calories/day.
No...closer (1913), very close 1677! (does that count as a success? i hope so because i felt really good about it!)
2. Continue logging all food no matter how ugly it gets.
did it! yep.
3. Take meds 2x day on time.
yes! yes!
4. Weigh & measure everything.
yes! did good.

Plan for today:
Breakfast:
oatmeal w/ raisins, 1% milk, stevia, brown sugar

Lunch:
bagel thin, 1 1/2 Tbsp mayo, 2 eggs, salad with lite dressing & sunflower seeds

Dinner:
bagel thin, 1/4C tuna, 1 Tbsp mayo, relish, 1/2 large orange

Snacks:
Popcorn, strawberries, fruit dip

Yesterday was a really good day for me. I really resisted the junk food and nibbling here and there. Major success...I was up this morning at 12:30 and did not eat anything all night until breakfast at 6:30!!! At one point I even had big marshmallows in my hand, I looked at the calories and then put them back.

One thing I did while I was awake was make my grocery list for the weekend. I should NOT make my grocery list while I'm hungry. When I was done I added everything up and estimated going over my budget by $50! I will definitely be doing some revising. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.