Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
ama, enjoy your Halloween festivities . Healthy eating will still be there on Nov. 1!
Hi Cassie - So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad, and DS... and the cat! Geez, when it rains it pours! Good luck with work this week!

I definately plan to enjoy Halloween this year, and yes, November 1st will be redemption day...
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM

Tori, I like your simple, direct and to the point goals!

Lisa
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in!

Log everything. M
10000 steps a day M
No snack nuts M
No excuses M

Today I really made the decision to kick it in gear and push to the end of 2012. No excuses, just get honest. Praying for you who are battling the storm.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
I'm in!

Log everything. M
10000 steps a day M
No snack nuts M
No excuses M

Today I really made the decision to kick it in gear and push to the end of 2012. No excuses, just get honest. Praying for you who are battling the storm.
frenchhen, how active would you say you are to reach 10000 steps a day? Being honest with yourself is half the battle, I think. Great goals and attitude!

Lisa
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM

Well, I went over my goal yesterday. I did make progress though and it was only 300 calories instead of 1000! I was still in a deficit for the day, small as it may be, but I kind of consider that a mini-win.

It seems that I am starving so much of the time, and I decided to do things a little differently today. I am going to increase my breakfast and make the rest of the day a little lighter. I'm hoping that if I start off the day feeling full that it will carry me through a greater part of the day. My other problem is middle of the night eating, and I'm not so sure what to do about that. Maybe I just need to limit myself to fruits or something. That's not a bad idea now that I think about it. As long as I keep things cut up and ready I'll have no excuse.

1. Goal is less than 1600 calories/day.
No...closer (1913)
2. Continue logging all food no matter how ugly it gets.
did it!
3. Take meds 2x day on time.
yes!
4. Weigh & measure everything.
yes!

Here's my plan for today:

Breakfast:
1/2 C oatmeal, 1 C milk, 3 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp Stevia, 2 Tbsp raisins

Lunch:
Salad with lite dressing and sunflower seeds

Dinner:
Egg salad (2 eggs, 1 Tbsp mayo, a little mustard, green onion), lettuce, 1 bagel thin

Snacks:
pistachios, strawberries & home made fruit dip, orange, popcorn

Planned calories: 1585

I hope anyone out there who was in the path of the storm has made it through it without too much damage.

Have a great day everyone!
Lisa
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report:

Green=on target Blue=off daily target but weekly goal attainable Red=missed target

Green tea--3 to 5 cups per day YES
Choose most foods from those known to help boost metabolism YES
Several small meals instead of three big ones YES
Going for averages on all food intake goals:
Calories 1500 1241
Cholesterol 250mg or less 190mg
Sat fat 10% of total calories 7%
Fiber 25g 29g
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 26g
Protein 120g 121g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water (can count the green tea) 64 oz. YES

Today's small meals planned menu:
Meal #1 Flaxmeal pancake, protein shake
Meal #2 Veggie Soup
Meal #3 Mushroom/black olive pizza using high fiber tortilla for crust
Meal #4 Turkey breast and spinach egg white omelet
Meal #5 Lean pork, black soybeans in low carb BBQ sauce, ranch dressing cole slaw
Snacks: choose from cold baked cod, canteloupe, celery with low fat cheese spread, protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 10-30-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

How are our members, your family and loved ones on the USA east coast? Keeping everyone in my heart and prayers.

Tori, so glad to learn you're in a happy place.

Cassie, how are you, DS and your cat? Wishing you comfort and wellness.

Frenchhen, good to see you here. You can do it. I'm looking to having just two more months in this year being a point of motivation as well.

Lisa, on the hunger: is it possible for you to eat more small meals instead of three main ones and snacks? We're all different and no one has all the answers, but I want to say that for many of us carbs before bed are a source of midnight snack cravings because soon after eating carbs alone we are hungry again. Sorry I forgot whether it's you or Jenn who does low protein. Your menu appears to be nicely low fat. Is it possible you could replace at least part of that evening fruit with just a moderate amount of fat and protein to help you stay feeling full longer? --like maybe half an apple and a slice of cheese or some yogurt? I know you will find something that works for you--may just take a little time and experimenting.

Last edited by Mern; 10-30-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, thanks for that Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin recipe. I haven't found any other way that I like spaghetti squash, either, but your recipe certainly entices me to try it again.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the encouragement! Today's scale reading was a big motivator too, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Lisa- how active I am to achieve 10,000 steps? I don't sit for my work. I'm a housewife, so I sit still for maybe 4 hours during my awake hours. If I walk for exercise of 1.5 miles, that equals 3500 steps, give or take. I put my pedometer on the moment I get out of bed. Just padding around the house, getting breakfast made, the dogs up, fed, etc. I've logged over 1000 steps. By bedtime, if I just do "the regular" activities around here I'm at about 8000-9000 steps. So 10,000 is just a little more!

I'm not in a race to lose. I found that deadlines are my downfall when it comes to losing weight. I just take the pounds as they come and focus on keeping the ones off that come off. As with your hunger... double your oatmeal portion. Cook Steel Cut oats (Bob's red Mill brand is the best) and mix it half and half with quick cooking Barley(they both cook for the same amount of time)So 1/4 cup of each in a cup of water. These are both slow burn carbohydrates. (plus they help lower cholesterol) Throw those cranberries on the oatmeal. Add a little honey & cinnamon (helps regulate blood sugar)and about 1/2 cup 2% milk. That is my regular breakfast. I eat it around 7:30, keeps me full till about 1 pm.

Mern: your meal planning is so diverse! I admire your fortitude. I tend to eat just about the same thing every day, mainly because it makes logging so much easier and when I stray I can see it! You are so inspiring to me because you are changing not just the pounds on the scale but your whole beautiful, miraculous, healthful being!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mern
Lisa, thanks for that Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin recipe. I haven't found any other way that I like spaghetti squash, either, but your recipe certainly entices me to try it again.
Your welcome Mern! I encourage you to try it. It really is delicious, and since I posted the recipe here I've had it on my brain too. I'll be putting it on next week's menu one night for sure, probably with the pork chops instead of mashed potatoes. If you make it, let me know what you think of it.

Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.