Notices

What to do when skinny husband gets skinnier?

Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by clbencemunns
How the heck are you guys hitting 35-40% proteins? I literally have to consciously eat extra tuna, eggs, and snack on lunch meat all the time just to get close to 30%!
One day in my life.
Breakfast
4 eggs 25.1
Protein shake 19.8
Oatmeal 8

Lunch
Tuna and vegetables 54.6

Afternoon snack
Turkey pepperoni 8
Cheese 6
Greek Yogurt 14

Supper
Various 20-30g

That puts me at about 150-160g of protein a day. Not hard really. Just takes some preparation.

Originally Posted by clbencemunns
I'm really starting to think that my caloric requirements are less than what they were a couple months and 20# ago.
A rule of thumb is to recalculate calorie requirements every 5LB lose.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

I have a naturally thin husband, too. The "personal life" is better when there's a little more meat on the bones, and I've told him that (nicely and with appropriate timing). I try to keep ice cream in the house; in flavors that he likes and aren't really my favorites.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JulieGentry
I have a naturally thin husband, too. The "personal life" is better when there's a little more meat on the bones, and I've told him that (nicely and with appropriate timing). I try to keep ice cream in the house; in flavors that he likes and aren't really my favorites.
I love that!!! My husband is naturally thin as well. He had been on prednisone for RA, and he was always thin even while taking that, I thought, other than the puffy face, and then the doctor told him to go off the prednisone and he dropped like 35 pounds in a month or two and now he is in the lower 160s (6'0 tall) and I am now back in the lower 240s (5'7" tall). I feel like a total cow next to him.

But really I thought what you said about the "personal" life was cute, as I totally agree.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Why would you introduce junk food back into the house? That makes absolutely no sense at all to me! Are you not aware there are higher calorie foods that are healthy? What about avocados? What about nuts? What about mango? What about having them eat an extra sweet potato at dinner (roughly 300 calories per potato). You're not thinking this through and you're just setting them up to be unhealthy by giving them junk food. Junk food should be a very occasional treat, not something eaten on a regular basis.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

You might find adding fat to your diet makes you lose more - Fat keeps your body energized and feeling satiated. Pasta is a lot more likely to make you gain weight than a chicken leg with the skin, and you may find you are not stalling so much.

That is not to say you want to go overboard - but high fat, high protein foods (lentils with butter, chicken with the skin, organic peanut butter on apples, veggies cooked in olive oil ect) May make your system less sluggish and get you back on the horse.