FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8444-7-day-motivational-thread-beginning-10-22-12-a.html)

Mern 10-22-2012 02:01 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Not bringing my whip because someone else will likely snatch it out of my hand and use it on ME! I've gained six pounds in my month absence from the group. :o

Have an appointment with a dietitian Wednesday to try to get help on losing weight. I reduced my high cholesterol and high blood sugar to normal with diet alone--low calorie, low carb, low sat fat, low cholesterol, high protein, but my weight loss stopped again despite changing up exercise-- and then I gave up and went completely off my nutritious eating plan, eating whatever I wanted.

For today and tomorrow just doing general low carb, low calorie, low sat fat, low cholesterol, high protein and will hopefully formulate a new plan after the dietitian's input.

canary52 10-22-2012 02:06 AM

Mern! You started one! I'll join yours. I've missed you. Never mind the whip; that wagon is waiting for both of us, Mern, and we''re gonna get on it!

Goals:
1) plan meals
2) 1600 cals max
3) stretch
4) yoga, walk, something, 2 x this week (starting slow)
5) write (I am now on a deadline)
6) drink more water
7) send out positive vibrations yeah

Can someone help me delete my thread? I have the wrong date anyway!!!

Mern 10-22-2012 02:42 AM

Hope, I missed you, too! Glad you wrote in your goals about planning your meals. I've been away from the group and on my binge for so long I totally forgot about doing that. Glad there's a space for me in the wagon--I hope there's room enough for my six pound bigger butt! ;) I'm feeling your positive vibes already and will send mine along to you and our group as well. Best wishes on your writing deadline.

Welcome to all the newbies who have joined our group in the past month. :) I haven't kept up with the posts, so it may take me a while to learn who you all are.

OK, I'm headed to the gym for my cardio class. And when I come home I'm going to plan my meals for the day. Just had a one net carb protein shake for breakfast.

canary52 10-22-2012 02:53 AM

Mern, I'm so glad one of my goals helped you!!! (I'm hoping it works for me too.) I swear, this butt thing must be going around (sorry for any unfortunate pun.) It is like I have two butts: one underneath the other, like a double chin, only back there. So if the wagon can fit both of mine... anything else should be... errr... a piece of cake...hmmm...unfortunate phrasing there...

Mern, you sound like you have positive proactive attitude but that doesn't surprise me.

Hi everyone, looking forward to "meeting" you.

cjohnson728 10-22-2012 03:48 AM

I MISSED BOTH OF YOU AND I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!

*Standing in line for a whipping as well*
I've been hit and miss with logging, eating, and exercising as well. It's frustrating...I feel like I did well for a long time but now nothing seems to be working the way I want it to :mad:.

I'm keeping my goals basic this week.

1. Calories below 1250.
2. Exercise 6 hours total.
3. Sleep 7 hours per night.
4. Force fluids.
5. Log everything and post daily.
6. Eat clean.

I've been a bit under the weather since Saturday afternoon, mostly sinus, sore throat, and headache. I had an early AM meeting 1.5 hours away this morning and just got home, got back into my pajamas, made a cup of tea, and am spending the rest of the day on my butt catching up on reports and keeping up with FitDay! I do better when I'm active here!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend...looking forward to sharing the wagon with you this week :).

01gt4.6 10-22-2012 03:48 AM

Hello my three beauties! I need to get my butt in gear but just can't seem to find the way. I may just make some goals for my lil sis and sit this week out.

Tori's Goals

1) Log everything
2) .5% wightloss
3) 48 oz water

cjohnson728 10-22-2012 03:54 AM

Hi Mike!!

Give yourself ONE goal...like checking in and posting every day. That'll help you find the way. And I say that with complete understanding because I am in a very similar position :rolleyes:. Ya gotta start somewhere...again.

canary52 10-22-2012 04:10 AM

Tori, are you gonna like Mike get off goal-less this week? (Sorry, Mike, I have to try to call her into this - for your own good.) Oh and thanks for delating my thread- I am assuming it was you.

Cassie, I hope you feel better! Have a nice cozy day and recoup!!! Hot liquids, my friend!!! Broth, tea and lots of water. But you did say "force fluids" in your goal so you got that!!!

Yes, let's all check in!!! It's so great to be back with you guys!!! Whips, wagons, whatever works!!!

Kumochi 10-22-2012 04:59 AM

My goal this week:

Journal, Journal and then Journal some more
Eat healthy below 1500 calories
Some sort of exercise daily
sauna and yoga daily
water, water and more water.

Stick with Fitday.

Nice to see you all again. I gained way too much weight not being here and lost way too much in fitness and flexibility..

amalthea1892 10-22-2012 05:39 AM

Goals

- Limit 2 slices of bread/day.
- Get to the gym 2x this week.
- H2O, lots of H2O.
- Cook 5 healthy dinners (no eating out until the weekend).
- Bring lunch to work 3 out of 4 work days this week.
- Work 32 hrs minimum this week.

Mary, Hope, Cassie, Mike, Mern – It is going to be a great week! Ok, there have been set-backs, but we are works in progress, right?! Let’s get motivated to make a few good goals, even if just a few hanging-onto-the-wagon goals. Cassie I hope you feel better soon!

I issue a challenge to everyone this week: Pre-plan all your meals and snacks either the night before, or morning of each day this week. List them on your post.

Mon pre-plan – 2 cups coffee, organic hot oatmeal, sushi take-out for lunch, banana, hummus and carrots, tuna salad (maybe on bread) with lettuce/tomato/cucumber for dinner. 1 beer with dinner. Chocolate square after dinner.

Rock on! :D Ama

dmartz 10-22-2012 05:45 AM

A new goal...

This week I have one (more) goal - to learn to more that one way to use my new, cool, hula hoop.

Along with continuing to meet my general goals from last week.

rpmcduff 10-22-2012 06:02 AM

Hello everyone!

Goals:
Calories < 1700/day:
Workout 3 times this week:
Hit my mini-goal of 220#
Motivate all the others here to get back on track!!

Maybe it is just the time of year with fall coming on but we seem to have lots of members struggling with their motivation and determination. Just remember you are worth the effort and the rewards of fitness, and health are long term. While I believe you must do this for yourself remember all the lives you will touch, improve and enrich as a secondary benefit of being healthy and fit.

Hadena 10-22-2012 06:19 AM

Hi all! Happy start of the week. :) Was a bit bad and had a Halloween cupcake my friend brought in today...but still in a deficit, so that's not so terrible. Think I will just start off with 3 goals I can complete this week before adding some more in a few weeks. Got two social events coming up this weekend, so will be needing some motivation from here. Good luck with the week!

Calorie deficit 400-500: 165
Workout 3 days: Mon
>80g protein a day: 83.7

Mern 10-22-2012 06:44 AM

Hope, I DID follow your lead and planned my menu as soon as I got back from cardio class. Breakfast just a protein shake. Lunch was roast beef with fresh spinach and a teaspoon of horseradish sauce on a low carb, high fiber tortilla. Dinner will be pollock fish and broccoli with cheese sauce. Snack will be another protein shake and almonds. I'm really struggling to keep a positive attitude--gotta buck up and just accept the fact that it's not going to be easy to get my weight down to a healthy range. My empathy on the double butt! I haven't even looked at mine because I suspect doing so would make my eyes bleed. My belly is so huge that it actually touches my upper thigh. GROSS!!! Hey, I like your 4W approach--whips, wagons, whatever works. :p

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90820)
It's frustrating...I feel like I did well for a long time but now nothing seems to be working the way I want it to :mad:.

Cassie, that's EXACTLY how I felt before I caved and went on a month long binge. Now I've taken several steps backwards and I'm paying dearly for letting myself get so far off track. Hang in there and drag as much motivation as you can out of our support and your own inner strength. You can do this. I hope you feel better soon!

Mike, I echo Cassie. Don't give yourself a free pass for a whole week. It's not worth the temporary comfort. Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.

Mary (Kumochi) good to see you again. Nice goals. I noticed at the gym today that not going for just two weeks made such a huge difference in my flexibility and range of motion. But it's a great senior citizen cardio class, so I'm sure I'll regain it quickly.

Ama, great goals. Thanks for your works in progress pep talk--it really helps to know--not that misery loves company--but that we are not alone in this struggle and have each other to lean on and with whom to share the journey.

Dmartz, congrats on the hula hoop. :)

Ron, you also have really nice goals. Thanks for the reminder that fitness and better/sustained good health are long term benefits. My going off track gave me only a fleeting moment of pleasure and a lot of extra work to do...

Hadena, good job on the controlled cheat that still netted you a deficit. Best wishes with your social events this week. You can do it. :)

cjohnson728 10-22-2012 07:09 AM

Ama, I will take your challenge! Can't think of a better way to stay accountable :). Too late to prelog breakfast and lunch, but from here on out:

Breakfast today was a banana (grabbed the quickest thing I could find, since I had to leave home at an ungodly early hour).
Lunch was a spinach-romaine salad with leftover roast chicken breast and craisins.
Snack was almond butter on celery, and I've had 3 cups of hot tea today, too.
Dinner will be homemade chicken vegetable soup (already made) and hopefully some apple bread if I can get it made in time.
Snack tonight will be a big old orchard-fresh apple and possibly some almonds.

I like this idea, Ama...not only for accountability, but for meal and snack ideas! Thank you :D!

canary52 10-22-2012 07:11 AM

Thanks, Ama!!!

My planned meals for Monday:
Breakfast:
Ezkiel sprouted grain english muffin with low fat, lactose free swiss
small apple
Lunch:
1 c. homemade chicken veg and kale soup
1/2 tuna sandwich (on sugar free local rye bread) with lettuce and red onions
Dinner:
grilled scallops
butternut squash
Snacks:
100 cal pack of sugar free cinnamon almonds
an orange
a cheese stick

1252 cals (a little carby for me: 40%) but of the kind of carbs I can handle, to get me back and not feeling deprived.

I really feel so well supported and so great to be back with all you guys!!! Glad that Mary and Mern came back too!!!

Ron, thanks for your kind words and support! It's great that one of your goals is to help others!

Hadena, one cupcake is not bad. You stopped at one.

Mike, I am joining the One Goal for Mike Support Group!!! You have pushed us!!! Time for us to push back!!! (in a good way.)

amalthea1892 10-22-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 90856)
Mike, I am joining the One Goal for Mike Support Group!!! You have pushed us!!! Time for us to push back!!! (in a good way.)

My One Goal for Mike: Drop and do 10 push-ups every time you use a swear word. :p

01gt4.6 10-22-2012 08:23 AM

Ladies (and Ron), Tori said she won't let me take off. Do y'all want to help think of some goals? Doesn't have to be the same ole song and dance. I like the push-up that Ama has but I swear A LOT! I don't even think I notice it. Now does that include text or just speaking?

canary52 10-22-2012 08:52 AM

One Goal for Mike:

Water. (You decide the amount.)

It's not new; it's not sexy, but it's reasonable and I KNOW you can do it.

Plus you're making Tori do it.

(Hey at least I didn't try to make you wear something pink.)

BTW you swear a lot by text?

That's my new "mission" (hopefully not impossible): The One Goal For Mike Campaign. Who else is in?

cjohnson728 10-22-2012 09:43 AM

I am.

I told him earlier to post every day, but here's another: get out on the tennis court this week! If you can't find a partner, you may substitute walking five miles (which should be chump change) ;).

I am through the worst of my swearing now that the Yankees have gone down :D.

Although my husband for the past couple weeks was just shaking his head at me and just trying to convince himself that I had temporary Tourette's...

judipurple 10-22-2012 01:29 PM

...knock, knock...can I come in?

Hi everybody...I dropped out of fitday entirely - not even logging...I think part of it was embarassment - I haven't been eating enough, what I have eaten hasn't been good choices (tooooo many carbs have crept back into the gaping maw), skipped my supplements, and have spent too many evenings just lying in bed...alone...

At this point I will be happy to get back on the logging bandwagon... and if I could join back in to the forum? Will you have me?

amalthea1892 10-22-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 90859)
Ladies (and Ron), Tori said she won't let me take off. Do y'all want to help think of some goals? Doesn't have to be the same ole song and dance. I like the push-up that Ama has but I swear A LOT! I don't even think I notice it. Now does that include text or just speaking?

Both! :D

Ass - Probably not, but fits the category of a vulgar noun, perhaps - better give up 10 just to be sure! Hee hee

01gt4.6 10-22-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by rpmcduff (Post 90847)

Maybe it is just the time of year with fall coming on but we seem to have lots of members struggling with their motivation and determination. Just remember you are worth the effort and the rewards of fitness, and health are long term. While I believe you must do this for yourself remember all the lives you will touch, improve and enrich as a secondary benefit of being healthy and fit.

Well said Ron. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Hadena (Post 90850)
Hi all! Happy start of the week. Was a bit bad and had a Halloween cupcake my friend brought in today...but still in a deficit, so that's not so terrible. Think I will just start off with 3 goals I can complete this week before adding some more in a few weeks. Got two social events coming up this weekend, so will be needing some motivation from here. Good luck with the week!

Calorie deficit 400-500: 165
>80g protein a day: 83.7

Welcome aboard. Nice goals you have going.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 90854)
I like your 4W approach--whips, wagons, whatever works. :p

Mike, I echo Cassie. Don't give yourself a free pass for a whole week. It's not worth the temporary comfort. Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.

Mern, it is so nice to have you back. I've missed you!

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 90861)
One Goal for Mike:

Water. (You decide the amount.)

It's not new; it's not sexy, but it's reasonable and I KNOW you can do it.

Plus you're making Tori do it.

(Hey at least I didn't try to make you wear something pink.)

BTW you swear a lot by text?

That's my new "mission" (hopefully not impossible): The One Goal For Mike Campaign. Who else is in?

I'll do 100 ounces of water. I swear a lot by text, almost as much as by voice... Tori can attest to that.:eek:

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90865)
I told him earlier to post every day, but here's another: get out on the tennis court this week! If you can't find a partner, you may substitute walking five miles (which should be chump change) ;).

I didn't log anything today, so not much to post, but I'm here. :)

Originally Posted by judipurple (Post 90872)
Hi everybody...I dropped out of fitday entirely - not even logging...I think part of it was embarassment - I haven't been eating enough, what I have eaten hasn't been good choices (tooooo many carbs have crept back into the gaping maw), skipped my supplements, and have spent too many evenings just lying in bed...alone...

At this point I will be happy to get back on the logging bandwagon... and if I could join back in to the forum? Will you have me?

Awww what were you embarrassed about? Hopefully nothing one of us said or did. It's nice to have you back, now just stay your ass right here. It's "ass" an actual swear word?

canary52 10-22-2012 03:35 PM

Awwww, Judi, nothin to be embarrassed about. Glad to have you back! And also to have your back, as you have ours.

So, as for Mike, we got 100 oz of water, 10 pushups for each swear word (I'm with Ama: better do 10, just to cover your "ass.") Hmmm, this is starting to look like a goal list to me... So what's next? Food planning? RAK?

I made my food plan but I will post it tomorrow, tuckered out from watching the debate. I had friends over and snacks and I only ate two smallish pickles. So there. Who won? I'd say me!!! (you know, for not snacking... never mind. Good night.)

cjohnson728 10-22-2012 03:55 PM

Judi, so glad to see you...been thinking about you and hoping all was okay.

Today's report:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 30 min
3. Sleep 7 hours per night. 7
4. Force fluids. Yes
5. Log everything and post daily. Yes
6. Eat clean. Except for cough drops, I guess...

Hmm, for Ama's challenge tomorrow. It's my work day on the other side of town and we're going out to eat, but the restaurant won't be determined till we see what time we all get home and how much homework the boy has. If early enough and not much HW, we'll do his belated b-day celebration at an Italian place; if we're in a hurry, it'll be a quick trip to the local Mexican place or Panera. So my plan is to proceed with caution for breakfast and lunch and see what happens after that :p.

canary52 10-22-2012 10:42 PM

Goals:
1) plan meals -yup
2) 1600 cals max -1265
3) stretch -yup
4) yoga, walk, something, 2 x this week (starting slow)- walk wih DH, looked at the autumn colors
5) write (I am now on a deadline)- yup
6) drink more water -trying, at least 48 oz
7) send out positive vibrations yeah - yeah

Cassie, you included your cough drops and Vit C. You're good.

canary52 10-22-2012 10:51 PM

Plan:
Breakfast:
1 egg, 1 egg white (local eggs)
2 slices nitrite free turkey bacon
Ezkiel English muffin
small apple (local)
Lunch:
half a tuna sandwich on local rye
1 c Campbell's Healthy Harvest Italian wedding soup
little bit leftover broccoli rabe
orange
Dinner:
homemade Asian chicken and broccoli
Snacks:
100 cal cocoa almonds
1 oz. smoked salmon (weird, I know)

in the 1300+ range, may be adjusted

Mern 10-23-2012 12:03 AM

Goals Monday and Tuesday (Will set new ones Wednesday)

REVISED MONDAY'S NUMBERS DUE TO NOT EATING A PRE-LOGGED LOW CARB ICE CREAM BAR. :)

Low cal: 1189
Low sat fat: 9%
Low net carbs: (total carbs less fiber) 21g
Low cholesterol: 163mg
High protein 108g
High fibe:r 32g
Exercise: YES
Water: about 64 oz.

Today's planned and pre-logged menu with a little wiggle room left over:

Breakfast: egg white, mushroom, and turkey sausage omelet

Lunch: generous amount of turkey and fresh spinach on half a low carb, high fiber tortilla.

Dinner: veggie burger, half serving of low carb pasta with marinara, broccoli

Snacks: almonds and 2 protein shakes

Mern 10-23-2012 12:46 AM

Judi, welcome back! Everyone is always welcome back after taking a detour from our group. If you had the chance to read any of the posts late last week and yesterday, you will see SEVERAL of us are returning after a long absence and going far astray from healthful eating. If you need to take baby steps to get back into the full swing of accountability to yourself, that's fine. Big hug to ya!

Ama, I love the idea of posting our planned menus. Thanks. :)

Cassie, your meals yesterday were loaded with nutrition and fluids to help you get well soon. Wishing you a fun and delicious belated bd celebration for DS. Just try to make it a controlled cheat if you can't eat totally on plan. :)

Mike, thanks--it's great to be back. I feel better about myself already even though I gained a lot of weight in my absence. Doesn't take much to make me full of myself. LOL I challenge you to set a good goal for yourself for daily veggies.

Hope, a good water goal nets smooth, well-hydrated skin and twinkly eyes--THAT'S SEXY. :) Congrats on just pickles for your snack last night! I really wanted to watch the last debate, but got too comfortable in my PJs on the recliner chair and fell asleep after the first half hour. I'll have to see if I can catch a rerun of it or find it on the Internet. I had to fight to not cheat for a snack last night. Wound up with healthful almonds, low fat cheese, and a protein shake for my evening snack. I love Ezekiel bread--such body and flavor! Asian chicken with broccoli has my mouth watering. I think smoked salmon sounds like a delicious snack. I eat all kinds of odd things for snacks--including cold, leftover baked fish like cod or flounder or cold, leftover cooked veggies.

jjrudd 10-23-2012 01:01 AM

Mern, nice to see you back!! Maybe your dietician's plan will help me too. I have been exercising but no weight loss.

So really tired after busy weekend. Ate Filipino food for dinner Sun night and leftovers last night--really salty. We also had hamburgers for lunch Sun so all in all not a good day meal wise. No exercise either.

Feeling really down. Looking at pictures of my double chin and big stomach and what should be beautiful pictures of my family are visible reminders. Plus it doesn't help that my sister-in-law's family are all tiny (5'2" and under) and size 4's. I'm 5'8" and size 22.

Have Dr appointment this afternoon--diabetes follow-up. Wish me luck.

Sorry just not feeling it for goals yet.
Jenn

Kumochi 10-23-2012 01:01 AM

Good day yesterday even with going out for dinner. One thing about a rapid gain - with me it usually goes away fast the first week I'm back on track.

Mern 10-23-2012 02:05 AM

Jenn, nice to see you back, too. I put up a note to let you know tomorrow if my dietitian has any new ideas for me. Just put your food choices for Saturday and Sunday behind you and start fresh. I totally get where you're coming from-I'm 5' zero" tall, weighed 227.5 Monday, and wear a size 24. I'm always the fattest one in family pictures. But you know what? I'm proud of myself for working on it. Some people 5'2" and size 4 don't have to work at all to be that small--so maybe you and I both deserve the self-praise they don't. I honestly do feel that way--not that I'm jealous, but trying to give myself credit where credit is due. Best wishes--and please let me know how your diabetes follow-up went. How about coming up with just one good goal today to do the rest of the week and posting it for us to see? (nudge, nudge. :) )

Mary (Kumochi), job well done yesterday! I'm hoping my rapid gain will go away quickly, too--that most of it is water weight.

amalthea1892 10-23-2012 02:33 AM

Goals

- Limit 2 slices of bread/day. 0
- Get to the gym 2x this week.
- H2O, lots of H2O. Y
- Cook 5 healthy dinners (no eating out until the weekend). Y
- Bring lunch to work 3 out of 4 work days this week. N, Y
- Work 32 hrs minimum this week. 7.3,

Pre-plan for Tuesday

Coffee x 2
Grapefruit - little bit of sugar
Oatmeal with little light soy milk
Banana
Ham sandwich for lunch
pork chops for dinner
garden salad or baked brussel sprouts
chocolate square for dessert

:D Ama

01gt4.6 10-23-2012 03:11 AM

My Goals

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90823)
checking in and posting every day.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 90854)
Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 90857)
Drop and do 10 push-ups every time you use a swear word.

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 90861)
Water. (100oz)

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90865)
walking five miles.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 90895)
set a good goal for yourself for daily veggies. (2 veggies)

canary52 10-23-2012 03:35 AM

Mike, I love it! I love your goal list and how it came about!!! So glad to be part of it!!

Jenn, welcome with goals or without! But hey how `bout drinking a little extra water? That was the goal I suggested to Mike. He's doing 100 oz but he's a beast (in a good way, a water beast LOL.) You can do less, I'm sure, but still improve.

Also, Jenn, I wanted to share something. When I was younger and in better shape, I was walking on a treadmill in my gym. A girl next to me was running at an intense pace. I looked over at her; she was about 6 ft tall, blonde, gorgeous. I said to myself if I ran from today till Muntakindonish (phonetic spelling, meaning, I think, "next Wednesday" in Yiddish; an expression my mother used to use meaning forever - If I ran from today till forever...) I will NEVER look like her (not in this life, baby.) I decided to just try and love myself AS IS and to work on what I can. I don't always follow this philosophy but isn't it a good one?

Mary, I agree with you. You start back on, the extra weight comes off. 2 lbs for me since I started logging on Sunday.

Mern, I'm with you on snacks. And I love reading people's food choices, gives me ideas. You got me in the mood for turkey sausages...

Cassie, you feeling better?

Judi, where ya at? You doin' OK?

Ama, that chocolate square sounds intriguing...

Hadena 10-23-2012 03:38 AM

Calorie deficit 400-500: 165, 419
>80g protein a day: 83.7, 81.7

A pretty good day today...managed to have a grand total of zero cakes/cookies etc that were brought in for someone's birthday. What is it with all the cake around at the moment? :(

Jenn, good luck with your appointment! Also, don't worry about a couple of not so great days, just treat each day as a new start, a chance to really do well. You can't have eaten so much in two days that it's not reversible - even if the scale shows a higher number, you KNOW that you haven't eaten as much as it might show and a lot will be food/water retention. Just get back on the wagon, everyone is here to support each other. :)

canary52 10-23-2012 03:58 AM

Hadena, good job on the self control!!!

And thank you you reminded me to wish Jenn, good luck on her appointment. Good luck, Jenn!!

And yeah, Hadena, I don't know what's up with the snacks. Aren't Hallloween, Thanksgiving and other upcoming holidays enough to sabotage our plans?

dmartz 10-23-2012 04:14 AM

Mon:
  • 5 min.s Hula Hoop, 5 mins of not so perfect push-ups
  • Not enough veggies, (some carrots, lots of fruit)
  • Arm intensive to-do list item (3 hrs)
  • 1400 cal.s (1750 basis) Need more protein!
Tues:
  • 1 hr push - pull w/ heavy springs, misc calisthenics
  • Veggies, cals TBD.

judipurple 10-23-2012 04:18 AM

Thanks for all the nice postings, everybody. The embarrassment is from lack of uuumph to journal and hold myself accountable - and not eating as I should. I dropped too much, too quickly, added to the stress, and now am fighting a nasty cold and laryngitis. S2BX has caused some of that stress, in addition to some work-related stuff (bus drivers have to be tested by the state every time the renewal comes up - I get tested Nov.8th -aaarghhh!), so in all likelihood, my resistance to the germs carried by my charges is way down. Things have been challenging, but I found out that since he's physically left us, I might be eligible for some assistance from the state. It sticks in my craw, but since I've paid into the system for 30+ years, I think I can swallow my pride...

BUT!!!!! Mom and Dad are doing wonderfully - Mom has rebounded amazingly. I have started the floor in the living room, will be painting it this weekend. When it's finished, I'll post pix of my woman's lair. Sorry fellas - there seems to be some purple mixed into the color scheme (not garish - subtle). Found myself a nice "friend" (aka a distraction - keeping my heart waaaay outta reach), and we walk three times a week...and I am going to be entering my 1st 5K (walk/run)! He'll be running it with his daughter, and my baby sista (46) will be joining me in the walking part of it.

There is some good - now I have to get back into the good habits again...

rpmcduff 10-23-2012 06:11 AM

Mondays Results!

Goals:
Calories < 1700/day: 1586
Workout 3 times this week:MON
Hit my mini-goal of 220#: Pending
Motivate all the others here to get back on track!! Pending

Had a good day. Even though my Protien was not where I wanted it. The extra carbs gave me lots of energy for my workout.

Looks like a lot more positive results from everyone. Good to see everyone back! Even Mike seems to be more positive since acquiring some goals. Keep it up everyone.

Jenn; Just perservere and good luck on your doctors appointment!

Judi; Good to see you back. You know when you don't want to be here is when you need to be here the most.

Mern; Congratulation on not eating the Ice Cream you had pre-logged!!! Not sure I have that kind of will power. I am envious.