Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Check-in time:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs, 1264, 1222, 1201
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 30 min I'm a lazy butt, too, Mike; once my cement sinuses clear up, I gotta get back to it!
3. Sleep 7 hours per night. 7, 7, 7 (can you believe it??), < 5. Just could not sleep last night, and woke up an hour before I needed to.
4. Force fluids. Yes, Fair, Yes, Yes
5. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Eat clean. Except for cough drops, I guess..., Ditto, Everything except cough drops and Goldfish crackers, The English muffins today and yesterday were processed; other than that, clean as a whistle

Earlier this evening we had our son's NHS induction, so I am a proud mama for sure. Plus I passed on the cake at the reception afterward . Stuck to my posted plan, too.

But now I am soooo tired. I can't remember the last time I hit the hay this early, but it's about to happen. Check you all tomorrow. I hope you all have had a wonderful day .
Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Heyyyyyyyyy, that dietitcian dissed our breakfast, Mern! You're right, never mind Mike. I'm gonna slap her!!!

You know in my 500+ years on this earth (that's about how old I feel tonight) I have come to believe that there is no one diet fits all. Take this from a person who has tried every diet known to womankind, including that stupid cabbage soup diet where one of the days all you can eat is bananas. I had 7 bananas, got on the B6 bus in Brooklyn, got off a short while later (way before my stop), bent over double, walking sideways like a crab, convinced I was gonna die of banana poisoning. My friend Marie says that she is waiting till I go on the Milk Bone diet, in which I can eat nothing but dog biscuits. Even my DH says "so what are you eating this week?" before he cooks for me. But I digress. The point is: where is that dietician? Lemmee at her.

I will post my "real" eating and how I did on my goals tomorrow. (not so well on food, this time, Cassie, tho thanks for your kind words.) I did stay within my calorie limit. And yet I still feel corpulent, you like that word? Corpulent. I better get to sleep: I'm getting punchy. DH was out with a business associate, a guy named Terry, but I told him I better not find out Terry is a gorgeous blonde woman and warned him that if Terry is a gorgeous blonde woman, then he better not get a bunny because I would boil it before he even got home. I WAS ONLY KIDDING!!! I am not a bunny hater; I was making a movie reference.

Jeeze if I were still (close your eyes, Mike and Ron) getting Aunt Flo, I would say I am pms-ing. I told off my Spanish teacher by email and when I got to class, she looked like she wanted to hit me with a wet sock full of manure (another movie reference.) But I cannot even blame my behavior on "girly time" because I am in "peri" menopause which, as a guy I know just said, means I give men a pause. And on that note...

One last thing: just gimmee one shot at that breakfast hater, Mern, that's all I'm asking...

Last edited by canary52; 10-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Hello beautiful people. I'll update tomorrow but the night ended with a carb overload (cobbler and ice cream, and lots of it).

I did end up doing 35 push-ups today because Tori said that I cussed in an acronym... really??? I did a typo so I texted it again. So she hit me with 20 then the butt head had the nerve to add in 15 because she said I was lying and I had a penalty for it! What a crock of poo! I did all 35 in one swoop, I did get winded though, it's been a while since I cranked out that many push-ups.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 PM

cassie, thanks for your reply. you're right. i need to remember that i have been off my "live it" as i like to call it for a solid 2 months, eating lots of junk, sugary stuff, etc and not weighing/measuring my portions. of course my stomach is not going to be used to eating less. i'm glad you reminded me of that. i have to keep that in mind as i try to get used to this again. i like your wood chipper mind trick and you're right, too, in that i just need to get back to a ratio of fats/proteins/carbs that works for me again. i have a hard time getting in enough protein, and i find that i have to force myself to eat more of it. but if i did, i'm sure i wouldn't feel as hungry. thanks again!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:20 PM

1. take prescribed meds on schedule twice a day
check! yes. yes (i'm doing great!)
2. get back into the habit of logging my food every day
yes. yes. yes, even the bad stuff
3. stop eating cheez-its and bagels!
yes. ate junk today. i had a few bbq chips (less than 1 oz)

i didn't do well today at all. well, i stayed under my total calories burned, so at least i'm not in the "gain" column, but i'm def. far from the "burn" side. i'm a really good cook. good for my family, bad for me. tonight's chicken enchilada casserole was so flippin' good that i had 2 pieces. i allowed myself in my plan for the day to indulge in 1 piece of pumpkin cake, but i had 2 (one during my middle of the night feeding frenzy, which i wish i would stop doing). i also had an extra 1/2 tuna sammie on a bagel thin. i'm not too upset about that, but if i didn't have those 3 things i would have been even below my target with my calories to be in the burn column.

here's what i have planned for today so far:

- 1/4 C oatmeal with 2 tsp unpacked brown sugar, 1 tsp Stevia, 1/2 C milk and 1 Tbsp raisins.
- 1/4 C tuna/mayo/relish on a toasted bagel thin
- 1 piece leftover chicken enchilada casserole with 2 Tbsp lite sour cream
- snacks...popcorn, orange, grapes

wow, that looks like a painfully short list. i'm sad just looking at it. i will do my best to stay on track and get through the day without binging on anything.

have a wonderful day!
lisa
Old 10-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Meal plan for the day, well, tentative thoughts.

Probably oatmeal for breakfast (I wish I could learn to like eggs, I really do).
Might have a long hike today; if I do, I will take a PB&J on the trail...homemade whole wheat bread (hiking is a good enough as any excuse to eat this ).
Dinner is fish (now that it's been located, lol), brown rice, veggie, and salad. And since this seems to be shaping up to be a very carby day, I should have some nut/nut butter snacks. Pie chart will be a bit off balance today but if I hike, the exercise should cancel that out. If I don't get out hiking (work time commitments pending and tbd), I'll probably swap out a leftover bowl (chicken and veggies with a bit of brown rice thrown in) for lunch. Seems boring today; hopefully I can stay on track. Going to go load it now.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, you are doing great in your committment to changing your eating lifestyle. As hard as you are working on it, I see success in your future. You can do this! I like to cook, too. I enjoy taking regular recipies and adapting them to the way my doc and I think is healthful for me. Most of the time, my adaption turns out to be something my whole family enjoys.

Cassie, first of all, major kudos on your son's NHS induction! Wow, that's early where I live--mostly it's juniors and seniors who get inducted here due to the criteria for sholarship, leadership, service and character. You have every reason to be proud. I kind of feel sorry for that dietitian being so dismayed over my eating low carb, but then again, maybe she should be in a different line of work if she is that horrified by people not eating the way she does. I'll just chalk it up to her need to mature a little bit and put her in my past. Added the spicy foods to my list--I had forgotten about that one, too. Thanks.

Metabolism boosting food list so far:
GREEN TEA
SPICY FOODS
ALMONDS
WALNUTS
NATURAL YOGURT
EGGS
TURKEY, CHICKEN BREAST, LEAN PORK AND BEEF (body must work harder to digest those proteins)
PEANUT BUTTER (now that seems to be controversial)
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, BUT BETTER TO MIX WITH COCONUT OIL
VERY COLD WATER
VEGETABLES--LOW CARB, HIGH FIBER ONES
FLAXMEAL
SALMON, COD, AND OTHER WILD CAUGHT FISH. (But tuna is controversial)

I see yumminess in Cassie's and Lisa's menu. My plan today is a flaxmeal pancake with yogurt for breakfast. Standard turkey wrap for lunch. Dinner of lean pork roast, spinach, cooked cabbage. Will add some spiciness to my lunch and dinner. Snacks of almonds, protein shake, celery with peanut butter. Lots of green tea. Cardio class at the gym.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mern
I like to cook, too. I enjoy taking regular recipies and adapting them to the way my doc and I think is healthful for me. Most of the time, my adaption turns out to be something my whole family enjoys.
mern, i do the same thing. i find recipes i think look good and then i go for substitutions. my family has really enjoyed my new meals a lot because even though i do substitutions they are not lacking in flavor. i even have a blog about healthy recipes because i enjoy it so much.

well, i didn't last 2 hours on my plan for the day. i've been up since 11pm, and there's not a lot to do in the middle of the night, and i ended up snacking on a weight watchers ice cream bar and some pringles too. still not too terrible on my calories for the day, but i have to be careful the rest of the day. i'm starving and waiting until it's time for breakfast.

lisa
Old 10-26-2012, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Reading over your list, yes I've heard peanut butter is bad. Good protein source but fattening (and I love it ) My brother has the funny notion that room temperature water is better for your system than cold. I saw on The Drs and Dr. Oz who both said it speeds up your metabolism because your body has to warm the water.

I think I need to start pre-planning meals too. Everyone here is doing so well.

Mike, suck it up!! Good for Tori keeping you in line.

Yesterday I raked leaves for about half an hour. Didn't seem to be as many, perhaps because it was so dry this summer? I winterized lawn mower, covered A/C for winter and took garbage out.

Jenn
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Quick check in....I've hit NONE of my goals this week. My head hasn't been in it. Maybe next week????

High fives to all y'all doing well!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.