Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I'd offer up a cyber hug but I feel like I'm about to snap. With me not being able to cuss, I find myself watching my every word/text. If you want I can snap on your dietician and scare the living $#!t outta her. I can tell her to get her head out of her @*& if that'll make you feel any d@+% better.

Whew, I feel good after that little outburst. I think I may go eat a PB&J sammich. #3ll to the yeah!

Okay, I'll give ya a d@*^ hug... ((((hug)))) did I do it right?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
{Delete that last line if it's too much of a product endorsement!}
Nah, you're fine. We're pretty good at sniffing out the spammers.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Goals
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
checking in and posting every day.
yes, yepper

Originally Posted by Mern
Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.
My daughter doesn't know her way around a kitchen, poor thing. Withe her being 700+ miles away now, I texted her a bunch of pics and made a video for her on how to make red beans and rice. I called her and guided her through it and she actually made a "REAL MEAL", some red beans and rice and said it was awesome!

I DID something good today (I sent a friend in California my P90X DVDs). I guess I need to start working on something good.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Drop and do 10 push-ups every time you use a swear word.
yep (did 20, I've been really good!), didn't swear one bit... so in your face!

Originally Posted by canary52
Water. (100oz)
yes ma'am, I'm going with yes (2 more bottles of water and I'm there)

walking five miles.

none yet, still none (I guess I've been a lazy butt)

Originally Posted by Mern
set a good goal for yourself for daily veggies. (2 veggies)
0 (but I had 3 servings of fruit.) 2 (and a couple serving of fruit)

Speaking of fruit, am I the only one that knows what the.... (um world) a satsuma is? Yesterday I was talking to Tori, and I mentioned eating a satsuma and she had no idea what it was. I told her it must be a southern fruit. She's such a dang yank! <3 ya sis.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 PM

i didn't do quite as well yesterday as i did the day before. i had insomnia and at 2a.m. i was completely starving and made a bad choice to have a sammich and chips. a pb&j nonetheless. on regular bread. and chips. oops.

1. take prescribed meds on schedule twice a day
check! yes
2. get back into the habit of logging my food every day
yes. yes...even though i went over my calories i still wrote it down.
3. stop eating cheez-its and bagels!
yes. i resisted the cheez-its and bagels, but just as bad i had some chips and not so smart sandwich

the middle of the night is my downfall most of the time. i get insomnia most nights (it's a lifelong problem), and i am sooooo hungry. from being awake and frustrated i make rash (and poor) decisions about what to eat.

hope everyone has a great day!
lisa
Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
at 2a.m. i was completely starving and made a...pb&j
Lisa, are you sure your name's not Mike (aka 01gt4.6)?? That is TOTALLY something he can relate to

But, you know what? The rest of your goals and your week have gone well. You can do it.

I feel you on the insomnia. I don't know that I can technically say I have it but I am not a reliable sleeper by any means. Sometimes I have a hard time getting myself into bed on time, last night I did; I just could not sleep. Got up, took a melatonin, slept a bit shy of five hours, and am uncharacteristically awake again. I'm chalking it up to this head cold, but sleep is an area I definitely need to work on.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs, 1264, 1222
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 30 min I'm a lazy butt, too, Mike; once my cement sinuses clear up, I gotta get back to it!
3. Sleep 7 hours per night. 7, 7, 7 (can you believe it??)
4. Force fluids. Yes, Fair, Blue
5. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Eat clean. Except for cough drops, I guess..., Ditto, Everything except cough drops and Goldfish crackers

Had to deviate a bit because of not being able to find the fish in my crowded freezer...looked twice, concluded I had cooked it, roasted a pork tenderloin instead, then found the fish . So instead of the fish and brown rice, I had pork tenderloin, a sweet potato, broccoli, and applesauce I made Sunday. I had almonds & almond butter on celery as a snack yesterday afternoon and Goldfish yesterday evening (but I had the whole grain ones ).
Old 10-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, prelogging for today...

English muffin again (high fiber) w/whipped butter or marg (I have both and am constantly going back and forth about which is the lesser of two evils but lately have been going with the butter on the few occasions I use it).
The last of the homemade chicken veggie soup.
Dinner = new crockpot recipe with chicken, raisins, dried cranberrries, & chopped apples; brown rice, salad.

Need to bump up the fat in the pie chart, so snacks will probably be nuts, nut butters, maybe cheese?? Probably also an apple. (Still working my way through the bushel and a half from the orchard). I have to create the recipe as a custom food, so will see what it looks like when I get it in the pie chart.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'm walking in my sleep now but only have to get through one eval this morning and then I can work at home the rest of the day, and there appears to be a nap in my future.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah Lisa pulled off one of my late nght eating frenzy. I got up again at my usual 3:xx am and passed on the pb&j sammich. I opted for the healthier choice of fruit. That's right! I made a big bowl of fruit loops.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 AM

Check in:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs, 1264, 1222
crackers[/COLOR]
cassie, i'm going to have to pay attention to your menus to see how you stay so low. when i get down to even 1400 regularly i'm starving all the time. how do you do it???

lisa
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
cassie, i'm going to have to pay attention to your menus to see how you stay so low. when i get down to even 1400 regularly i'm starving all the time. how do you do it???

lisa
That's probably because you are at a bigger deficit than she is.

I find that if it works two totally different ways for me (everyone is different). When I cut back on carbs, and eliminate the sweets, I don't crave the sweets. When I've not CRAVING food, I think I'm not STARVING. When I'm not carb counting, if I increase my fiber intake, I feel full longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.