Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Old 10-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa, today is another day. You can do it .

I hear you on having the snacks around for kids/husband. There was a period of time when I would actually have my son keep the snacks somewhere I did not know; they were probably in his closet. He's the only one of the three of us who has any sort of portion control sense . I would just tell him or my husband, "here, hide this" and that took care of it.

I think over the past couple years I reached a middle ground with snacks...I don't buy candy and don't often get the things with a list of 20 ingredients I can't pronounce (although if Doritos are buy one get one free, I will pick them up for a treat for my son). I do buy chips (potatoes, oil, salt as only ingredients), Goldfish, Triscuits (I love the thin crisps...3 ingredients!) and I usually have homemade granola bars here. The new thing the guys like is breakfast cookies...usually some recipe with oats, banana, peanut butter, etc. I try to make things with at least half wheat flour and throw some flaxseed or wheat or oat bran in. Will my son willingly walk in and pick up a piece of fruit over one of these things? No. But at least it's there and I can tell him to eat it, lol! I often use leftover fruit that's not getting eaten in muffins or applesauce, and veggies can go in soup. But it's always a work in progress and every family has to find their own balance. And it's tough with teenagers, who could eat pizza for every meal and who seem like bottomless pits at times!! You will figure it out, I promise! I really admire that you continue to log even when you go off. I always just stop and pretend I've never heard of FitDay, shame on me.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Plan for today:

Already had two cups of tea and a breakfast cookie (bananas, oats, wheat flour, oat bran, brown sugar, chocolate mini chips ).
Hubby wants homemade chicken pot pie tonight, so need to work around that...probably will have tuna for lunch, maybe some peanut butter and celery for snack, an apple...will see how the day shapes up.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 AM

cassie, i like your views on snacks (more clean snacks instead of so processed) and also balance for the family. i was getting really tired of throwing so many fruits and vegetables away that in the past 2 weeks i have started cutting them up and freezing them to use in cooking later. i figure, if the store can sell them frozen, then it must be ok for me to freeze them and they'll be fine for cooking.

and believe me, it's not easy logging even though i've gone way off track. it's pretty painful sometimes to see those numbers. but my behavioral therapist had an idea that if i just got into the habit of logging no matter what that i will get so tired of seeing the ugly truth to what i'm doing that i will naturally want to stay under my calorie limit. it has worked to some degree because i have stopped eating a lot of the things that were taking me very far over my limit.

hope everyone is having a good day.

lisa
Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals -yup, yup, yup, half and half, yes, NO
2) 1600 cals max -1265, 1357, 1350, 1496, 1545, a gazillion
3) stretch yup, yup -eventually, yup, in yoga class, does that count?, yes, yes
4) yoga, walk, something, 2 x this week (starting slow)- walk with DH, looked at the autumn colors, not today, gym, yoga in gym Yoga and yoga dance party; danced at a party; does it count caus eI sure feel sore
5) write (I am now on a deadline)- yup, no, yes, very little, ish, ish, not enough
6) drink more water -trying, at least 48 oz; 56 oz at least, 56, ? not as much as I should have , no, no
7) send out positive vibrations yeah - yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, yes

Last edited by canary52; 10-28-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Total carb day Friday, didn't plan yesterday so here's a quick one before I run out to meet a friend at a meditation center

Breakfast
turkey bacon and egg white
apple
Lunch
salad (or veggies) with protein- chicken or tuna on a salad
Dinner:
fish
string beans
Snacks:
nuts
cheese sticks
one sugar free cookie
or if I go to the movies: samll amountof popcorn, 2-3 sugar free candies

got get back to the low carb thing

Ron, crats on the chili!!!!!

More later...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Report for Saturday:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs, 1264, 1222, 1201, 1334, 1368
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 30 min, I'm a lazy butt, too, Mike; once my cement sinuses clear up, I gotta get back to it! 4.5 hours, BAM!
3. Sleep 7 hours per night. 7, 7, 7 (can you believe it??), < 5. Just could not sleep last night, and woke up an hour before I needed to., 7.5, 8
4. Force fluids. Yes, Fair, Yes, Yes, Yes, Fair
5. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Eat clean. Except for cough drops, I guess..., Ditto, Everything except cough drops and Goldfish crackers, The English muffins today and yesterday were processed; other than that, clean as a whistle; Not so great, actually: Friday I had jelly on my sandwich, but it was the "all fruit" kind, half a serving of Goldfish, half cup of frozen yogurt, and I just realized I was famished so I had some Cheerios. Hope to do better tomorrow, I had a serving of wheat thins fiber & 3 blue corn tortilla chips that were processed, everything else was clean.

Everything was going swimmingly last night until I made the chicken pot pie . I had leftovers from the pie crust so I did that thing where you roll it out and dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar...not really sure how to log that, but I estimated and that's what put me over. Although I am proud to say that so far this week, I haven't thrown in the towel and eaten with reckless abandon when I've gone over my goal, so that's progress.

Today, not so sure. I had two thin slices of homemade wheat bread with maybe a teaspoon of butter and a couple cups of tea for breakfast. Dinner is fish, roasted red potato, veggie, and salad; not sure what I will do for lunch. Cheese, nuts for snack, maybe a Greek yogurt, maybe an apple. It's one of those days I can't really tell what I'm hungry for. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Great weekend: yoga and yoga dance, karaoke Oktoberfest, Shambhala meditation (sitting and walking, indoor and outdoor walking) and met a friend I haven't seen in too long. Plus I baked my infamous Halloween "finger cookies" which look like severed fingers - I paint almonds with red food dye for the fingernails - and mailed tham to DD. And I only had one. But I've been eating too much, too many carbs and I gained back one of the two pounds I lost (heavy sigh.) And we're due to get hit by the Frankenstorm which might mean monstrous eating.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

grrr... looks like my weekend will be a flop. Got busy DOING NOTHING, I'm about to take the chirrens out to eat in a little bit then come back and watch the game.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Just letting you all know, I'm lurking, and I'll be on board this coming week. I miss you all.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM

my weekend went to pot badly! but, i did log it and that big ugly number saturday night stared me straight back in the face. ugh! so happy tomorrow is the start of a new day and a new week of goals!

mike...your pics and change in appearance from your weight loss is amazing!

lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.