Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/22/12

Old 10-26-2012, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Calories < 1700/day: 1586,1679,1731, 1634Workout 3 times this week:MON,TUE,WED, THUR
Hit my mini-goal of 220#: YES 219.8 today!!!!
Motivate all the others here to get back on track!! You'll have to let me know.

Tied for best Red Chili at works Chili Cookoff!
Made it to the Gym.
Hit my mini-weight goal!!!!!

Mern:
Your Ex-nutritionist is an idiot!

Lisa:
I've limited sandwiches when trying to get my calories down. The calories from the bread and mayo always seemed to destroy my calorie goals. I've found that substituting mustard for mayo was a good way to eliminate some calories too.

Tori:
Hope to see more of you next week.

Mike:
Your buy week is over, lol. Expect to see some better results from you next week.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Now clean out those sinuses and get your butt in gear!
DONE! Just got back from a 13-mile hike.

Originally Posted by Mern
You know he'll suggest your head was somewhere "where the sun don't shine."
Oh my golly, you did not just open the door another inch to give Mike the opportunity to say where Tori's head was .

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Made it to the Gym.
You. Totally. Rock. Glad you're here! Any chance you'll share your recipe?

Last edited by cjohnson728; 10-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 AM

Goals:

that's so awesome! way to go on hitting your mini goal! congrats on the chili cookoff tie

lisa
Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ron - YAAAAAY! Congratulations on meeting your mini goal! I have a tough time avoiding sandwiches also... and I am super picky about mayo. It's gotta be Best Foods canola, cholesterol free mayo, or best Foods olive oil mayo. A big calorie downfall either way though...

Mike - Hmmm, you cuss A LOT less than I had thought... only 35 push-ups? Do we get to make your goals for next week also? I may have to raise the bar a bit

Ama
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Below is info from a Mayo Clinic website - they list meat in there! It's a no-brainer! Mern - I wonder if your ex-nutritionist is a vegetarian...

The basics of a healthy breakfast

Even though you know a healthy breakfast has many benefits, you may not be sure what exactly counts as a healthy breakfast.

Here's what forms the core of a healthy breakfast:
  • Whole grains. Examples include whole-grain rolls, bagels, hot or cold whole-grain cereals, low-fat bran muffins, crackers, or Melba toast.
  • Low-fat protein. Examples include peanut butter, lean meat, poultry or fish, or hard-boiled eggs.
  • Low-fat dairy. Examples include skim milk, low-fat yogurt and low-fat cheeses, such as cottage and natural cheeses.
  • Fruits and vegetables. Examples include fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, 100 percent juice beverages without added sugar, or fruit and vegetable smoothies. Choose low-sodium versions of beverages, though.
Together, these core groups provide complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein and a small amount of fat — a combination that packs big health benefits and that also can leave you feeling full for hours. Find options from these core groups that suit your tastes and interests. And try to choose one or two options from each category to round out a healthy breakfast.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
All the more reason for you to practice!!!

Tori, I miss seeing you on the thread.
I know, I need to keep my pimp hand strong.

Goals:
Calories < 1700/day: 1586,1679,1731, 1634Workout 3 times this week:MON,TUE,WED, THUR
Motivate all the others here to get back on track!! You'll have to let me know.

Made it to the Gym.

Mern:
Your Ex-nutritionist is an idiot!

Lisa:
I've limited sandwiches when trying to get my calories down. The calories from the bread and mayo always seemed to destroy my calorie goals. I've found that substituting mustard for mayo was a good way to eliminate some calories too.

Tori:
Hope to see more of you next week.

Mike:
Your buy week is over, lol. Expect to see some better results from you next week.
Okay, I bought all I'm going to buy this week (besides movie night tomorrow). I was going to buy a new couch and love seat but I guess I'll put that off until next week.

Congrats on the mini goal and the chili cookoff!
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
DONE! Just got back from a 13-mile hike.

Oh my golly, you did not just open the door another inch to give Mike the opportunity to say where Tori's head was .

You. Totally. Rock. Glad you're here! Any chance you'll share your recipe?
Holy schmolly that's a lot of miles. I was going to go to the gym and go for a walk but I installed the new race parts on the bike and now I'm sore.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Ron - YAAAAAY! Congratulations on meeting your mini goal! I have a tough time avoiding sandwiches also... and I am super picky about mayo. It's gotta be Best Foods canola, cholesterol free mayo, or best Foods olive oil mayo. A big calorie downfall either way though...

Mike - Hmmm, you cuss A LOT less than I had thought... only 35 push-ups? Do we get to make your goals for next week also? I may have to raise the bar a bit

Ama
Oh I've been making a conscience effort not to. I probably drop a dozen eff-bombs a day.
[begin guy talk]Today when working on the suspension on the bike it freaking collapsed on me. Luckily I had it on the swingarm stand so it didn't end up on it's side. It did hit rock bottom and came close to tipping.[/end guy talk] Needless to say, I owe you 20 push-ups.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Ron, oops I was thinking the "buy week" was a play on words for bye week since I always seem to be buying something. I guess it was a typo and you were telling me to get my butt in gear. Haha
Old 10-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories below 1250. 1155, 75 of which was cough drops and Vitamin C tabs, 1264, 1222, 1201, 1334
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 30 min, I'm a lazy butt, too, Mike; once my cement sinuses clear up, I gotta get back to it! 4.5 hours, BAM!
3. Sleep 7 hours per night. 7, 7, 7 (can you believe it??), < 5. Just could not sleep last night, and woke up an hour before I needed to., 7.5
4. Force fluids. Yes, Fair, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Eat clean. Except for cough drops, I guess..., Ditto, Everything except cough drops and Goldfish crackers, The English muffins today and yesterday were processed; other than that, clean as a whistle; Not so great, actually: Friday I had jelly on my sandwich, but it was the "all fruit" kind, half a serving of Goldfish, half cup of frozen yogurt, and I just realized I was famished so I had some Cheerios. Hope to do better tomorrow.

I went over calories today but I'll give it a pass because of all the exercise. Didn't stick to the food plan, either, because of various afternoon fiascos that resulted in my not defrosting the fish in a timely fashion. So I used the leftovers in the fridge and made pork fried rice the light way. Swapped the apple planned for a banana and I had the froyo and fishies and Cheerios as above. Just call me a carb monster today.

Weekend warriors, anyone?
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Weekend warriors, anyone?
I still owe you 5 miles.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 PM

oh, lordy. i was bad bad bad yesterday. my son had a friend spend the night, and i must have become one of the kids because my plan deviated to include too much pizza and home made s'mores.

weekends are even more tempting for me because i do my grocery shopping on saturdays, and there's usually lots of "good" (bad) stuff in the house for the hubby and kids. jeff (dh) says not to buy that stuff anymore then and i said but then i get sick of hearing everyone say how there's nothing to eat all the time. if i buy extra fruits and veggies and things it ends up spoiling and getting thrown away. maybe i just need to be more firm, buy the truly good stuff and make them get used to it. that would probably be the best idea so they don't end up like me later. hmmmm. may have to rethink my shopping list.

i have very good intentions for today for my eating plan...
breakfast
-1/4 c oatmeal, 1/2 c milk, 1 Tbsp raisins, 2 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp Stevia.
lunch
- 2 funeral sandwiches
dinner
- large salad with 1/4 c sunflower seeds and Ken's lite creamy caesar dressing.
- 1 more funeral sandwich
snacks
- popcorn
- 1 c sliced strawberries with 6 Tbsp of my amazing frosting/fruit dip recipe
- orange

as for my goals yesterday:
1. take prescribed meds on schedule twice a day
check! yes. yes (i'm doing great!). oops...forgot my pm doses
2. get back into the habit of logging my food every day
yes. yes. yes, even the bad stuff. yes
3. stop eating cheez-its and bagels!
yes. ate junk today. i had a few bbq chips (less than 1 oz). waaaay off track on the crap today.

i am going to really try to do better today.

lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.