Notices

Are there any over 60's women here?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Are there any over 60's women here?

Hi Everyone...
I've just come back to Fit Day after signing up a few years ago. I'm still as heavy as I was back then and really looking to meet other women over 60 who are struggling like I am.
Maybe share some stories and tips to make this weight loss journey a little easier at this stage of our lives.
I wasn't always heavy... but I've never been this heavy. I've held on to this weight for far too long. And as hard as it is to admit... I need help!
Soooooo... are there any other women out there... like me... over 60 and overweight that want to connect??

Cori
Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Cori, welcome (back) . Come check us out for companionship in the 7-Day Motivational Thread (this week its title starts "Hey Ladies")...we have lots of folks of all ages, including a number of 50's and 60's. It's a great thread for motivation, stories, and some laughs. And we're all on the same journey to be healthier!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Cori, I second the invitation to our weekly motivational thread under Support Group for Just Women. We also have two men in our group who have a lot of good stuff to share. We're always the sticky at the top. I'm one of the seniors of the group, but immensely enjoy sharing the journey to better health and fitness with the younger people here, too.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default In early 50's with a good 70 to lose!

Hi! I'm new...well, I registered weeks ago...didn't do anything on the site...managed to put on another 10 lbs since then, lol...and here I am back to see if maybe a support group might be the key...sighhhh

I've turned into a yo-yoer...lose, gain some back...lose again, gain some back again...tired of this!!!

I'm also an emotional eater who uses food like a drug.

Life is too short to live like this.

Help!!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

cori I am not over 60 but I am close at 57 almost 58. I have alot of weight ot lose also. I like getting on this site and reading others posts and posting replys. It is a great group of people here. If you have a question or a problem someone will know the solution. Welcome back. nyda
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cori,
What you wrote is me. Same thing - had the program for a couple of years - getting so tired of restarting. Want that connection to get the job done. BTW - I am in my 60s
Judi
Old 10-20-2012, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cori I'm in the same boat. Looks like it was July 3 that I last signed on. Not good - increase in weight and bigger decrease in fitness. I'm back to work on both.