Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
how can I lose weight without starving? >

how can I lose weight without starving?

Community
Notices

how can I lose weight without starving?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Volume and Fiber are your friend. The same amount of calories in cheese or mushrooms are a huge difference in amounts of food. Large amounts of mushrooms, vegetables, squash, tofu ect can be pretty low in calories. Also, making sure there is a lot of fat, but low sugar will keep your hunger in check.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:07 PM
FitDay Member

In my opinion try some fun activities like take aerobics classes like, zumba zumba dance, where you can go with your friends. Or if you are married, then there are various programs where you can go with your kids and workout like martial arts school . They have programs for whole family, in which you all can workout together and also spend some quality time.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-26-2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: took out website link
Old 05-16-2014, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Try eating an apple before you eat your meal. I often am too busy to eat much during the day and then go snack crazy as soon as I get home. If I eat an apple, I find it makes me not want to eat so much.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Get your head in the game.

All of the suggestions are excellent dieting advice, but I get a feeling that the finer points of dieting are not going to help you because something about 'all that dieting details' just seems too tough and difficult and combined with less fuel on day1 blocks you from breaking through from your old eating habits..

in other words: It sounds as if you struggle with the early day(s) of dieting, and pretty much fail before you ever start.... by trying too hard too soon!

Clearly you're not cut out for the cold turkey approach
(cold turkey is actually yummy.. and sooo healthy if without any skin)

So, maybe you are better off refusing to think about calories near the start of your healthy balance.

Think instead.. what is in the food... does it have enough nutritional value.. i.e is it a good protein? is it a good carb? is it a good vitamin source..is it cooked healthily (or raw)... then eat loads of it.. forget about calories.. first of all give your body lots and lots of healthy food.. (and one unhealthy item each day)

When you began to be comfortable reducing the junk and eating plennnnnnnty of good stuff, then that would be time to measure the calories your 'eat as much as you like' pattern is generating.. and to begin to GRADUALLY decide to eat less.

After you get past the quantity hurdle, that will be a great time to look at all the excellent hints and tips for fine tuning your efforts for optimum result.

Last edited by AvivaBha; 07-15-2014 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Adding something.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Eat vegetables and lots of protein. I personally plan my menu a day in advance and stay within strict calorie parameters for the day. This works well. It also helps to incorporate a snack. I generally have 4 dill pickles, 1 or 2 apples and 10 pistachios incorporated in my menu and don't deviate from the foods on it. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fasting revelations

One thing I learned through occasional fasting is this: Most of us don't know what real hunger is. After 24 hours on just water the first time, I was ready to eat TOFU I felt so "hungry." Yet I knew, being at least 20 pounds above my ideal weight, I had plenty of fat reserves and could not truly be starving.

Imaging my surprise when, after making it 48 hours without food, my cravings disappeared! Those cravings were not true hunger, just the IDEA of eating things that taste good.

The feelings are still real, but sometimes it helps to know you aren't doing any damage to your body, that you won't lose energy. In fact, I've gone as long as 10 days on water only before REAL hunger kicked in. And fasting experts say the SECOND time you feel it, go ahead and start eating.

Anyway, I know fasting isn't for everyone, but just some perspective. Since June I've been fasting 24 hours out of every week, and that has helped me lose 22 pounds without any real exercise. But I'm also limiting calories during the week to 1000-1200 per day -- still feels like feasting compared with fasting
Old 08-12-2014, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Along with fasting, I have done body cleanses myself. There is a lot left in your body even after you empty your digested food.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Almost all the points are covered by Canary52.
Please keep control on your eating habits this will contribute little to lose your weight.