Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/8/12 for weekly warriors!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

I was tempted to have chocolate bar but I didn't. My chocolate bar of choice would be Oh Henry--caramel, peanuts and chocolate. I think it's strictly Canadian. Reese's peanut butter cups are good too. I did approximately 20 min routine this afternoon (despite it being rest day on calendar).

Joanna I have that feeling everytime I step on the scale at Dr.

Looks like we are all having bad weeks--thankfully week is almost over.

Jenn
Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default I sure hope my internet friends aren't dead!

Wow, I can't believe how quiet it is here! I hope it means that everyone is enjoying some beautiful weather and spending time outside, off the computer. Miss you all, though, and glad to see you guys who are sticking with it. Friday's here; weekend warriors, anyone?

1. Be mindful of what goes into my mouth. Yes, Not great, not horrible, Pretty good, Yes
2. Balance out any "naughties" with good, fresh, low-calorie food and exercise. Yes, Not really, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 8 hours for the week. 2 hours, 2.5 hours
4. Drink water. Yes, Fair, Not really, Fair
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope
6. Sleep enough (shoot for 7 hours). Didn't make 7 but I felt well-rested after 6, Not close-5, Not close-5...and feeling it,6
7. Get back on the scale Tuesday morning. I really don't want to do this. Done. Better the enemy you know
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
I was tempted to have chocolate bar but I didn't. My chocolate bar of choice would be Oh Henry--caramel, peanuts and chocolate. I think it's strictly Canadian. Reese's peanut butter cups are good too. I did approximately 20 min routine this afternoon (despite it being rest day on calendar).

Joanna I have that feeling everytime I step on the scale at Dr.

Looks like we are all having bad weeks--thankfully week is almost over.

Jenn
I have many that I like... Butterfinger, Reese's pb cups, twix, kit kat, take 5, 5th avenue, Reese's pieces, snickers... to name a few.
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Wow, I can't believe how quiet it is here! I hope it means that everyone is enjoying some beautiful weather and spending time outside, off the computer. Miss you all, though, and glad to see you guys who are sticking with it. Friday's here; weekend warriors, anyone?

1. Be mindful of what goes into my mouth. Yes, Not great, not horrible, Pretty good, Yes
2. Balance out any "naughties" with good, fresh, low-calorie food and exercise. Yes, Not really, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 8 hours for the week. 2 hours, 2.5 hours
4. Drink water. Yes, Fair, Not really, Fair
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope
6. Sleep enough (shoot for 7 hours). Didn't make 7 but I felt well-rested after 6, Not close-5, Not close-5...and feeling it,6
7. Get back on the scale Tuesday morning. I really don't want to do this. Done. Better the enemy you know
Cassie, I'm in. No new goals but I'll shoot to get in my miles with the girls.

Happy Birday Cassie and Tori! Boy I could go for some Birfday cake.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Happy Birday Cassie and Tori! Boy I could go for some Birfday cake.
Thank you!!

And Happy Birthday, Tori! You share a b-day with my son . I hope you enjoy the best present ever when WHN comes home IN A FEW DAYS

Mike, sorry, no cake. Son requested homemade buttercream candy for his birthday treat this year and so I have some cream I need to use up, so I'm thinking of whipping it and making gingerbread for mine.

I'll be here this weekend, juggling celebratory meals out and grab-something-quick meals, 'cause it's a tournament weekend. If I stay active here with y'all, I can get through this!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Bubba! Thanks Cassie!
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I hope you enjoy the best present ever when WHN comes home IN A FEW DAYS
bestest birfday present EVER!! and Happy Bday to you too!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

1. Eat within carb and protein limit 140/60 Mon-120/55 Tues-NO Wed-NO (homemade squash soup for lunch and whole wheat pasta so still healthy!) Thurs-yes
2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day Mon-yes Tues-yes Wed-yes
WOO-HOO 3 days in a row Thurs-probably 5
3. 4 fruits and veggies Mon-only 3, Tues-3 Wed-5--lots of veggies in spaghetti sauce, Thurs-3 again
4. Exercise 5x for 30 min Mon-15min, Tues-yes, Wed-yes Thurs-yes
5. Rake leaves yes-15min
6. Try to lose the pound that I gained!!

Happy birthday Cassie and Tori!

I will be weekend warrior! Kind of frustrated that I have exercised every day this week so far and the pound is still hanging on. I have Dr appointment next Fri (3 month check-up for diabetes) and would like my weight to be lower! Thankfully exercise is helping my BP (checked it yesterday at pharmacy) and my A1C has been consistant at 7 since Dec last yr.

Jenn
Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Not dead but I think I poisoned myself yesterday... started about 1pm when I was at work and did not have time to run out for lunch. I found left-over cheesy pasta had been put out in the conference room - YAY! Then about 2pm I was starting to pass out, so I got a Pepsi (first one in a long time, are they really that sweet?!). Then there was a fundraiser with a big plate of cupcakes set out, I dropped a dollar in the cup and grabbed a banana cupcake with chocolate frosting. Then DS and I have to go get the car at the shop, so we decide to eat out... barbecue! I had a cajun chicken sandwich (with onion straws on it), and coleslaw... AND a beer. At least when I got home I avoided the left-over cheesecake from DH birthday a few days ago. I am still alive today! Kind a feel like crap but so far I am keeping my cals are pretty low, and plan to have a vegetarian dinner.

I'm in for the weekend - my free day has definitely been spent! Ama
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday to Tori, and Cassie's son!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hullo! I will try to be here over the weekend, just to keep myself accountable, if nothing else.

So far today I've had 2 cups of coffee, three pieces of pizza, and a Starbucks mocha.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick update
Took the day off from exercise--although up and down stairs a few times doing laundry.
Calories 1,100, carbs 135 and protein 36
Easily got up to 5 servings of fruits and veggies--leftover squash soup for lunch with apple, homemade turkey pot pie for dinner with beans and carrots and fruit for dessert. AND I'm already up to 6 cups of water at 6pm. YAY ME!!

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.