Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/1/12: Happy October!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Other
3) Document (video and pics) what could be our last father/daughter trip
4) Have as much fun as possible
5) Make sure my daughter knows that she's my #1 and always will be my #1 priority and she can turn to me for anything
Aww I love the last line. Sounds like you are a good Dad!
Watching my brother with his little girl (3mo old) that bond is pretty special.

Everyone's goals look good.

Jenn
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Speaking as the daughter of a wonderful dad, who lived 600+ miles away for most of my adult life, you will always be in her heart.

Tough times; sorry, dude. Do it up big this week and have a great time!
Yeah I plan on doing some fun stuff. I've already challenged her to a go cart race at the indoor race track out there. She's accepted the challenge. We may do Howl O'Scream at Busch Gardens, maybe do a little shopping and hang out at the boardwalk. We won't have a lot of time there so we'll have to make the most of it.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Aww I love the last line. Sounds like you are a good Dad!
Watching my brother with his little girl (3mo old) that bond is pretty special.

Everyone's goals look good.

Jenn
Thanks! I wish her mom made her a priority as well, but I won't get started on that one.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Goals week of October1st

1 – Lots of H2O.
2 – Lots of Veggies.
3 – Limit meat.
4 – Limit processed foods.
5 – No food after 7pm.
6 – Work lots of hours!
7 – In order to tackle my ongoing battle with procrastination, embrace the motto “just do it and don’t worry if it’s not perfect.” Tackle one thing each day. M – Ordered drapery rods and rings (only took a year to do this…).

Happy Monday ya’ll! Ama
5’6” 40yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default Check in

1. Eat "cleaner." - step it up a notch. Yes
2. 1200 calories max. 1182
3. Exercise 6 hours total for the week.
4. Sleep 7 hours per night. Yes
5. Log it all, and don't disappear no matter how busy! Yes
6. Focus on the positive. One of the cats threw up twice, but it was the same color as my new carpet...that's positive, right?

I'm bumming about my exercise goal, but I'm in vertigo mode today and it's been decidedly unpleasant. Of course, looking at the positive, it was a work-at-home day so I could basically take it easy. Hoping for a better tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday checkin

GOALS:
Calories < 1700:1606
Workout 3 Times:YES
Protein 30% of calories:37%

Had enough calories left to add a Protein shake after my workout. I usually prefer to make them with milk but that would have put me over my calorie goal so I made it with water and some crushed ice and it wasn't bad. I will do it again to keep my Protein percentage up. My macro nutrients today were:
Protein 37%
Fat 39%
Carbs 24%
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

aw, father-daughter-weekend sounds great!
I was never close to my father unfortunately.

exercise:
do the 30-day shred at least 4 days this week
Zumba course on monday yes
go swimming once this week
start running: run at least on one day this week

eating:
make a meal plan for every weekday and log it (and stick to it) Mon: yes
more protein than carbs on at least 5 days (wednesday is a holiday so that's definitely excluded) Mon: yes
eat at least 22gr of fiber Mon: yes
drink at least 1l every day, 1.5l if vigorous exercise done (would that be enough?) Mon: at least 2l

anything else:
keep kitchen tidy. Mon: uh, well, I did not make much of a mess because I had mostly prepared lunch for today already since I knew I would be home late.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
FitDay Member

Goals week of October1st

1 – Lots of H2O. Y
2 – Lots of Veggies. Y
3 – Limit meat. Y (just a little fish was all)
4 – Limit processed foods. Y (pasta was all)
5 – No food after 7pm. Y
6 – Work lots of hours! Mostly Y
7 – In order to tackle my ongoing battle with procrastination, embrace the motto “just do it and don’t worry if it’s not perfect.” Tackle one thing each day. M – Ordered drapery rods and rings (only took a year to do this…).

Mike - Have a great time with your daughter this week! You are an awesome Dad, just know that you can look forward to lots of good times, just maybe a little different than the ones you are used to. I still vacation with my folks. DH and I take big family trips at least once a year with them, my siblings, our spouses, kids, dogs, we all vacation together! Change comes with alot of opportunities. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Cassie - Bless you for taking on the tough stuff with your work... sorry to hear it was such a tough week. It's only Tuesday, I am sure you can make up the exercise goal in plenty of time! I hope the vertigo clears up soon.

Ama
5’6” 40yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

I would have to put a No beside my goals for yesterday Carbs weren't too bad but they were over. I did get all the dishes done--including crockpot and extras. Still need to wipe off counters but it's definetely a good start.

Cassie I hope you feel better soon. I know vertigo isn't fun. Good job meeting your goals amalthea and nadinchen.

Last edited by jjrudd; 10-01-2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 1% (1.77#)
2) 84.5oz of water/day (she'll have to put on her WT panties for this, but I have faith)--84.5
3) Walk 4 miles (she should have nice weather)--0

Other
4) Buy that 1 item she needs before her man gets home--planned for Wednesday
5) Post something she is grateful for, daily--Monday: for my family, all of them. Whether by birth or by choosing, they're pretty much amazing.
6) Be prepared for all hell to break loose, from me and her man this week **a disclaimer** hell isn't going to break loose between Bubba and my man, but separately--Monday: no hell yet

Last edited by ToriD1012; 10-02-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

...and how many days left? 14??

Thanks for the support, Jenn and Ama. Headed out now for a half day; we'll see how it goes.

Congrats to all those hitting goals! Hugs if you aren't; you'll get there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.