Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12 >

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Notices

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was pretty good. In fact, I stayed on track all week! So, maybe my "5 outta 7 Plan" is actually going to work for me to maintain. Did my grocery shopping for 2 weeks at 7 am this morning so I already feel quite accomplished! Have to pay bills and run some errands and then my weekend can begin. I ran down the road after the garbage truck this morning... does that count as exercise?? lol

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small, M-F. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Calories under 1100 M-F. Hard to figure, but probably <1000, <1000, <1000 (not planned... just keeps happening for various reasons.) 1023
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Remember calcium and multi-vitamin. Yes, Forgot Vitamin, Yes, Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. List something that I accomplished each day. I balanced my checkbook! Made it through a mountain of paperwork that I had been putting off. I braved the scale and found that I only have 5.2 lbs. to get back to my ideal weight. (I deserved much worse.) Figured out my menu and grocery shopping list for two weeks.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ever since Mike talked about a Shrimp Po Boy, all I want is deep fried shrimp.... crap.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ever since Mike talked about a Shrimp Po Boy, all I want is deep fried shrimp.... crap.
Good job Bubba!! You made me want cookies the other day, now you're making poor Quinn want skrimp!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

THIS WEEKS GOALS:
Calories < 1700: 1640, 1698,1638, 1588
Workout 3 Days: NO, YES,NO, YES

Had a great Leg workout. Sweated my butt off. Even better the scale is down again!!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Judi, I'm wearing an old pair of rose-colored glasses with a broken lens.

Got 10 minutes to breathe.

Things are nuts here today--so many places for DH and I to have to be with just one car since I had to lend mine to DD to get to work when she found at 6:30AM her car wouldn't start. DH wound up having to cancel his golf date! He helped me get the house cleaned for the party I just found out this morning I'm hosting tonight after all. Then we had to get everything in sync with our daughter's needs to get her car to the shop, get the grandkids picked up from their schools (no busses or public transportation) and get everyone back to my house in time for the dinner that I don't know yet what time to serve. LOL

I dashed out to the store, but didn't have much time to shop. Got a store-bought cake since I didn't have time to bake, and saved myself some time by stopping by a deli/caterer to pick up some carby sides to go with the oven-fried chicken I'm making. I'm having boneless skinless chicken, green beans, and low carb pasta myself--already have it logged.

Still don't know whether DD's car will be fixed today or what time to serve dinner. LOL If something does not work out, it will not be the end of the world, but I'm surely hoping the phone will ring with some good news from DD.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Carbs and protein 140/60 M-NO, T-140/65, W-Yes, Thurs NO, Fri 145/65
2. Exercise 5x for 30mins at least M-40min, T-30min (combination of 2 routines to get up to 30) W-rest day, T-37, Fri-NONE
3. NO DONUT OR MUFFIN
4. 8 glasses of water NO--why is this so hard??, T-ditto, W&T-YES, Fri-NO
5. 4 servings of fruits/veggies M-yes, T-yes, W-no, T-only 3, Fri-5

Hope the party goes well, Mern and everything calms down after today.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

No starches: M-Yay! ; T-Yay!; W-Yay!; Th-Yay!, F-No-ate Chinese food, including the starches.; S-No

Outside/Inside Chores: M-Poison the fire ant beds/Put away laundry; T-Cut grass and haul bush trimmings in front yard to brushpile/Change all bed linens; W-Cut grass and haul bush trimmings in north side yard to brushpile/Clean hall bath; Th-Cut grass and haul bush trimings in back yard to brushpile/Vacuum bedrooms; F-Cut grass and haul bush trimmings in south side yard to brushpile/Vacuum living areas; S-Spray weeds around house walls/Clean den

One Good Thing: M-Great night's sleep; T-Work went well today; W-Dinner date with husband; Th-TV time; F-Went out to dinner with husband and friends; S-Listened to a friend speak at a meeting

Have enjoyed everyone's posts!

Last edited by mrsrainh2o; 09-29-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Friday report:

Calories maximum 1500 1439. 1588, WAY OVER, 1384, 1075
Sat fat average maximum 12% 9%. 9%, WAY OVER, 10%, 15%
Protein average minimum 120g 141g, 162g, ON TARGET, 123g, 84g
Dietary cholestrol average maximum 250mg 166mg, 421mg, SURE IT WAS OVER, 223mg, 180mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) 25g 23g, 20g, WAY OVER, 17g, 25g
Fiber average minimum 25g 40g, 38g, SURE IT WAS OK, 34g, calling it green at 24g since I got plenty all week
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off, NO, NO
Water 64 oz. Closer to 32 oz, YES, YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 Hershey sugar free dark chocolate miniatures 1, 1, don't remember, 4, 7
Evening snack that won't sabotage my otherwise on-target day YES, YES, NO, YES, NO
"Braggin' rights" earned:
Monday: Extra 7 minutes exercise in the evening,
Tuesday: didn't eat past 8PM--that's a personal best for me.

Wednesday: nothing to brag about
Thursday: ate several small meals instead of three big ones[/COLOR
Friday: Calories and carbs were fantastically good considering that I hosted a birthday party.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, Weekend Warriors! I am looking forward to a great day that includes a workout at the gym. I was happy to find today that I'm down on the scale despite my horrible eating binge on Wednesday. But not even counting that, I think I was right that the new diet I was trying since August 30 was too low in calories and was a huge contributing factor to my 7 pound weight gain in the first three weeks. Still three pounds up from my weigh-in at the doctor's office August 30, but I think I now am on the right track to resume weight loss.

Jenn, congrats on your carbs/protein, and veggies on Friday. Thanks for your good wishes. Daughter's car did just need a battery, and the party went great. That's what I was a little keyed up about--18 year old granddaughter lives with us and I wanted her party to be really special.

morphasia, welcome! Kudos on not giving into junk food. So sorry you have an abusive boss!

Quinn, it's about time that you were able to enjoy "a completely self-indulgent 'me' day." I hope your Saints make Mike and Ron eat their words. LOL Your reports this week were really worthy of praise! Kudos on having your menus planned for two weeks!

Ann, it's about time that you are feeling better. I hope you enjoyed your girls night out. Kudos on losing a pound through sticking to your diet.

Judi, how's your back? So sorry for your pain! Best wishes for your Mom's continued recovery. The PT should go a long way in helping your Dad's spinal arthritis management. Best wishes at the Harvest vegetarian dinner. Tell us what you ate.

msrain, it's so hard to eat Chinese without the starches. I absolutely can't get through there without Lo Mein noodles. Kudos on all the chores you got done.

Linda, it is annoying to me when my percentages look high because my calories were so low. Your grilling of turkey burgers, asparagus and green onions sounds delicious! OMG, your description of locals' language was so amusing. My Mom was the only one I ever knew to say zink for sink--she also said worsh for wash.

Ama, kudos on mostly Y's in your reports and on that "beautiful woman" compliment. Wow, that must have felt great and must be true because strangers don't say that unless they see it.

Ron, kudos on your calories, leg workout and on your further weight loss.

Last edited by Mern; 09-29-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Good afternoon weekend warriors. I won't be around much today so I'll be relying on Tori to update us. I just got back in from NOLA, my pool league team played for the City Cup championship. We ended up losing, be we always have next season.

About to lay down before I have to get up to go to the wedding. I'll try to check in later but no promises.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.