Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #71 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Was nearly finished with a post and it disappeard. couldn' have been anything I did. (tongue in cheek)

I read everyone's post and I can't remember who said what. As I said in floating around cyberspace post....getting old sucks.

My goals

posting Y Y Y Y
water Y Y Y TBD
carbs Y Y ? TBD

The ? on carbs is because yesterday I logged my food and the % of carbs was sorta high. However it all came from vegetables. The percentage is due to the lower calorie intake.

Bragging rights

Yesterday, even though it is still hot in Texas, I grilled at lunch time. I was intending to do it for supper ( that's southern for dinner)(dinner is southern for lunch). My friend that I was going to share with had to work last night so it was noon or none. I grilled Turkey burgers, asparagus and green onions.
Was good.

Normally the heat would have sent me inside for a sandwich.
__________________
(((Hugs))) and best wishes

Linda

Start weight 9/24/10 246
Current weight 236
Total lost 10
Goal weight 175
lindaybarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Linda, I usually copy and paste long posts in case they end up in cyber space.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #73 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 1,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaybarnett View Post
grilled at lunch time. I was intending to do it for supper ( that's southern for dinner)(dinner is southern for lunch).
hahaha My brother (my real one by birth) just told his oldest this exact same thing a couple of months ago. She said something like "what are we having for dinner?" he replied, "honey, we're southern. in this house we eat supper"

Mike and I constantly rag each other about who's more "southern". I think I won last week when I used the word "squishes". Apparently most of the country uses the word 'crushes'????
__________________
Tori

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaybarnett View Post
Was nearly finished with a post and it disappeard. couldn' have been anything I did. (tongue in cheek)

I read everyone's post and I can't remember who said what. As I said in floating around cyberspace post....getting old sucks.

My goals

posting Y Y Y Y
water Y Y Y TBD
carbs Y Y ? TBD

The ? on carbs is because yesterday I logged my food and the % of carbs was sorta high. However it all came from vegetables. The percentage is due to the lower calorie intake.

Bragging rights

Yesterday, even though it is still hot in Texas, I grilled at lunch time. I was intending to do it for supper ( that's southern for dinner)(dinner is southern for lunch). My friend that I was going to share with had to work last night so it was noon or none. I grilled Turkey burgers, asparagus and green onions.
Was good.

Normally the heat would have sent me inside for a sandwich.
Good for you having Y's beside everyday! I consider veggies good carbs so it sounds good to me!

Oh that's funny about the supper vs dinner argument. I'm Canadian and we call it supper. If we were going someplace fancy for lunch with family we would call it "dinner".

Jenn
jjrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #75 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,548
Default

My husband asked for peanut butter cookies, but I wanted to find something a little more healthy. I found this recipe and it's really quite good. Maybe some of you have seen it before, but it was new to me. These cookies have no flour and no butter, which I thought was pretty cool. So, if you have to have something sweet, try one of these. I think I'm going to freeze them and just take out a couple at a time. It makes a very small batch (24) of small cookies. So even if you go crazy, there aren't that many of them! I don't think kids would know the difference between these and the standard ones with butter and flour.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. low fat peanut butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients and roll into 1" balls. Flatten with a fork. Bake on sprayed sheets at 350* for 8 minutes. (My cookies were done in 5-6 min.) 78 calories each... Not exactly a health food, but an improvement on regular cookies for sure.
__________________
quinn

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain

Last edited by quinnesec; 09-27-2012 at 08:13 PM.
quinnesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
judipurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW CT
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
I thought you were in the one hundreds?
by decades, I mean 160's, 170's, 180's - like a decade is ten years?

Go have ur supper!
__________________
========================================
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

========================================
Judi - 51, 5'8"
Started FitDay - 4+ years ago - at 225
Started (again) with a vengeance - 3/2012 - at 209
Started HFLC/Primal - July 3, 2012 - at 202
Current Weight: 176.5

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know that I am.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.
from Psalm 46:10
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
amalthea1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 283
Default

Goals Week of September 24th
1 - Lots of Water: Y, Y, Y, Y
2 - Lots of Sleep: Y, N (as I sit here at 3am typing this...), N (3am again, damn)
3 - Lots of Veggies: Y, Y, Y
4 - Lots of Exercise: N, Y, N
5 - Less Bread: N, Y, Y
6 - Less Meat: N, Y (fish is ok!), Sorta
7 - Lose 1lb this week: TBD
8 - Tori’s Bragging Challenge: M, not a good day... so can't think of anything to brag about... Tu, went to the fabric store and got curtain samples and dropped off my wedding rings to get saudered together. W - I tossed the croutons that came with my spicy chicken salad. Th - I was on my way to the jewelry store (in the mall) and some strange guy did a double take then said “you are one beautiful woman.” Where the heck did that come from?!?!? Haven't had anybody say that in a long time (except my sweet DH).

"Dinner" tonight is pesto pasta and salad... just gotta portion size the pasta to stay "good." DH (from TN) says Supper, I (CA girl) say Dinner. But Lunch is always lunch . I think I am down about .2 so far this week, whoo hoo! If I can keep on track through the weekend I may lose that 1 lb!

I hope to catch-up on the posts later! Maybe around 3am???

Ama
5’6” 40yo
2lbs over Maintenance
amalthea1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #78 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 1,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
My husband asked for peanut butter cookies, but I wanted to find something a little more healthy. I found this recipe and it's really quite good. Maybe some of you have seen it before, but it was new to me. These cookies have no flour and no butter, which I thought was pretty cool. So, if you have to have something sweet, try one of these. I think I'm going to freeze them and just take out a couple at a time. It makes a very small batch (24) of small cookies. So even if you go crazy, there aren't that many of them! I don't think kids would know the difference between these and the standard ones with butter and flour.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. low fat peanut butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients and roll into 1" balls. Flatten with a fork. Bake on sprayed sheets at 350* for 8 minutes. (My cookies were done in 5-6 min.) 78 calories each... Not exactly a health food, but an improvement on regular cookies for sure.
I made similar cookies back in the day. I think they're twice the calories though. It was 1 c. peanut butter, 1 c. white sugar, 1 egg. That was it. All the guys at work loved them though. Super simple, but OMG sweet!!!
__________________
Tori

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #79 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 1,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalthea1892 View Post
I was on my way to the jewelry store (in the mall) and some strange guy did a double take then said “you are one beautiful woman.” Where the heck did that come from?!?!? Haven't had anybody say that in a long time (except my sweet DH)
aww, that's nice! I got "wow"d when one of my old drivers stopped by to see me today. Made me smile a lil
__________________
Tori

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #80 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by judipurple View Post
by decades, I mean 160's, 170's, 180's - like a decade is ten years?

Go have ur supper!
Haha Tori was just asking me wth was wrong with me today, I can t think straight with years and time frames.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2