Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12 >

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Community
Notices

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Old 09-25-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, Those Skrimps look delicious! One of the few advantages to living in the hurricane zone I suppose. lol

Mern, thanks for the comments on my workouts. I feel like I barely have time to keep up with this thread and the Exercise thread so didn't want to duplicate post in both of them. When I started working out 5 minutes on the elliptical machine was torture. I always said I hated running but I think what I really hated was that I was so out of shape and it just seemed like torture. lol. Keep at the elliptical and you'll be running miles in no time.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Hello

I managed to find the thread. thanks whoever guided me here. Sorry I forgot your name.

yesterday I said my goals for the week were

get online everyday
drink more water
eat less carbs

So far today:

I am online so that's met
I have had 60 oz of water so far today
No carbs except what is in veggies ( a large tomato and a pablano peper)

Bragging moment

Handled a crisis all by myself today. Front loading washing machine door popped open for some reason and my laundry room had 2-3 inches of water on the floor and the carpetd hallway was soaked. Wet vac came in handy. Got everything as dry as possible. loads of towels in the shower waiting to be washed. Think my linen closets are empty now. I have been through many hurricanes and been lucky enough not to flood, so no experience sopping up water and dealing with wet carpets and pads. I survived.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Linda, welcome! I am absolutely horrible with names. Worse yet, I can never remember who said what and when I don't know I just ask. No one ever gets offended--we just like sharing this journey to better health and fitness with each other. Ooh, thanks for the reminder on the water--I'm lagging, but still have time to meet my goal. I'm a low carber myself-there several in our group. Great job on your carbs so far today. You surely did earn bragging rights over the washer flooding! Way to go on the quick thinking! Hugs right back to ya.

Quinn, best wishes for a speedy recovery for DD! Give us an update when you can. Quite a nice Monday report.

Mike, we don't get good fresh shrimp here, so I prefer it steamed or sauteed from a frozen state. (No, not from Alaska, USA--I mean frozen shrimp or "skrimp." ) In Ohio deep fried, breaded fish always tastes the same as plain ol' fried fish, but more expensive. Your sandwich sounds yummy, though--I'm sure I'd love it in NOLA. Amazing what great pics you get with your cell phone and GoPro! You'd make a great spy with such a teeny camera. LOL

Ron, I know what you mean--both this and the exercise thread are so active. I totally agree on the torture the elliptical is for beginners. I was humiliated when the heart rate program shut down the machine on me the first time I tried, flashing madly that I had exceeded my maximum heart rate after less than 2/10 of a mile. I think it was something like .12 mile. It's hard work for me to do 1/2 mile right now, but I'm so proud of myself. Thanks for your encouragement--I WILL keep at it.

Last edited by Mern; 09-25-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

ok, since we're doing pix (mike), I took one of me Sunday in my hippie-dippie tie-dye outfit. Be kind - I thought the mirror helped streeeettttcccchhh the view (hey, whatever helps!).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_4377 - Copy.jpg (69.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Judi, you are lovely, and so is your dress .
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quick check in for me and Tori.
Tori vs. Mike Goals

1: Post start weight, log every damn thing that goes in your mouth, make logs public 180.8 ---187.2 http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=01gt4.6
2: Most calories deficient -1070, -571 (-1641) --- -370, -729 (-1099)
3: Most water consumed 58.7, 84.5 (143.2) --- 101.4, 118.3 (219.7)
4: Most miles walked 0, 0 (0) --- 1.55, 0 (1.55)
5: Fewest net carbs 95.4, 178.1 (273.5) --- 316.6 , 48.1 (364.7)
6: Fewest servings of bread 1, 2 (3) --- 3, 0 (3)
7: Highest % of weight lost

Bragging:
Tori - can brag about being there for me when I really needed her (even though her ex boss that I put a voodoo curse on tells her she's on the phone too much, the "ex" part means the curse worked!).

Mike - I wrote another auto policy and saved my client over $7,000 a year... that's not a typo!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, enjoyed the New Orleans photos!

No starches: M-Yay! ; T-Yay!; W-Yay!

Outside/Inside Chores: M-Poison the fire ant beds/Put away laundry; T-Cut grass and haul bush trimmings in front yard to brushpile/Change all bed linens; W-Cut grass and haul bush trimmings in north side yard to brushpile/Clean hall bath

One Good Thing: M-Great night's sleep; T-Work went well today; W-Dinner date with husband

Last edited by mrsrainh2o; 09-27-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM
FitDay Member

Goals Week of September 24th
1 - Lots of Water: Y, Y
2 - Lots of Sleep: Y, N (as I sit here at 3am typing this...)
3 - Lots of Veggies: Y, Y
4 - Lots of Exercise: N, Y
5 - Less Bread: N, Y
6 - Less Meat: N, Y (fish is ok!)
7 - Lose 1lb this week: TBD
8 - Tori’s Bragging Challenge: M, not a good day... so can't think of anything to brag about... Tu, went to the fabric store and got curtain samples and dropped off my wedding rings to get saudered together.

Monday sucked! I used a new conditioner in my hair Sunday night and the next morning DS had a huge rash all over his face (at night he cuddles up). By M evening it had cleared his face but spread (lightly) to his neck, and legs. I felt like hell and cried on and off all evening... It was all gone by tue am thankfully! I also had indulged in a turkey BLT, and leftover try-tip at work. Tue was much better . I am determined to have a great Wednesday!

Judi - You are beautiful! I love the picture and your dress! You've lost 19 lbs since July? Way to go!!!

Ama
5’6” 40yo
2lbs over Maintenance
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

Calories maximum 1500 1439. 1588
Sat fat average maximum 12% 9%. 9%
Protein average minimum 120g 141g, 162g
Dietary cholestrol average maximum 250mg 166mg, 421mg-- I should still be able to do damage control on that this week
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) 25g 23g, 20g
Fiber average minimum 25g 40g, 38g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water 64 oz. Closer to 32 oz, YES
Limit 2 Hershey sugar free dark chocolate miniatures 1, 1
Evening snack that won't sabotage my otherwise on-target day YES, YES
"Braggin' rights" earned:
Monday: Extra 7 minutes exercise in the evening,
Tuesday: didn't eat past 8PM--that's a personal best for me.

Last edited by Mern; 09-25-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Carbs and protein 140/60M-NO, T-140/65
2. Exercise 5x for 30mins at least M-40min, T-30min (combination of 2 routines to get up to 30)
3. NO DONUT OR MUFFIN
4. 8 glasses of water NO--why is this so hard??, T-ditto

5. 4 servings of fruits/veggies M-yes, T-yes

I also count up and down 2 flights of stairs to do 3 loads of laundry exercise!
Nothing to brag about yesterday. I would have had to put money in swear jar yesterday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.