Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12 >

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Notices

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Old 09-24-2012, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Time to brag!

On the down side I had a skrimp poboy and fries for lunch, oh well for watching my carbs, right?
Mike;
Is skrimp like shrimp except cheaper? LOL. Great pictures!

THIS WEEKS GOALS:
Calories < 1700: 1640
Workout 3 Days: NO

Had to put a power steering belt on the car so no workout

Last edited by rpmcduff; 09-26-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 PM
FitDay Member

No starches: M-Yay!; T-Yay!;

Outside/Inside Chores: M-Poison the fire ant beds/Put away laundry;T-Cut grass and haul bush trimmings in front yard to brushpile/Change all bed linens;

One Good Thing: M-Great night's sleep; T-Work went really well today;

Last edited by mrsrainh2o; 09-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Good to see everyone off to a great start!

I will post my update with tonight's; did okay but had a lunch out I have to research and cooked something for dinner I have to calculate nutrition info for, so I'll get to it when I get to it.

Something good about yesterday, though...I found a new cardio tennis group and had a great workout last night! I haven't done cardio since January and it feels soooo good to be back .

Have a great day, y'all!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Ron, skrimps are these little critters They are pretty cheap, usually $1.99/lb for small - $5.99/lb for large, or you can just go catch them yourself.

Seafood is plentiful here. I posted this a while back, this is a pic of a friends pickup truck with a few flounder.

My eating didn't get any better last night. I finished off the night with some popcorn (that I have to log). I weighed in at 186.0 so I'm down 1.2. A little more and if I can just hold it through the week and I may get Tori on that one. I think it's safe to say that she's got me on the carb goal, I ain't giving up yet.

Judi, yeah little sis and I are some strange ones. It's a love/hate relationship.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-25-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

Lost the 3 lbs. extra water weight I was carrying from the weekend, but am still up 4.5 freakin' pounds just since August 30. I haven't been all that horrible, so am honestly thinking my experiment with the new diet to spur more weight loss and further reduce my high triglycerides had the opposite effect--maybe it still sent me into starvation mode even though it was above 1200 calories.. I'm pretty much back to the diet that helped me get my blood sugar and cholesterol down from high to normal and from 240 lbs. in Jan 2011 to 214 in Aug 2012.

Calories maximum 1500 1439
Sat fat average maximum 12% 9%
Protein average minimum 120g 141g
Dietary cholestrol average maximum 250mg 166mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) 25g
Fiber average minimum 25g 40g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. Closer to 32 oz.
Limit 2 Hershey sugar free dark chocolate miniatures 1
Evening snack that won't sabotage my otherwise on-target day YES
"Braggin' rights" earned:
Monday: cardio class at the gym in the afternoon as scheduled, but in the evening I did an extra 7 minutes total resistance bands and AbSlide (like rolling pushups) machine instead of crashing on the sofa with my headache. Stayed off the sofa until 9PM

Last edited by Mern; 09-25-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Carbs and protein 140/60NO
2. Exercise 5x for 30mins at least40min
3. NO DONUT OR MUFFIN
4. 8 glasses of waterNO--why is this so hard??
5. 4 servings of fruits/veggiesyes

been cool here, (definetely feeling like fall) so I made taco soup yesterday--leftovers today
Old 09-25-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, I'll bet you can get more comfortably back in those jeans in very short time. We know you can do it.

Ron, your workouts and your over 45 lb. loss are impressive! Way to go! I agree that working the gun show booth entitled you to a pass for those two days. And I'll bet the work of putting on the power steering belt was enough to count as exercise. Thanks for your kind invitation to post on the exercise thread, but I have a very hard time keeping up with our motivational thread here, so I'll just be logging here that I exercised. I'm just up to half a mile non-stop on the elliptical after the doctor told me to keep trying and when I can't go any more to finish out the rest of the half hour on the stationary bike. I do that twice a week followed by the Triceps Press, Torso Rotation, Abs, and Back Extension machines. I do the cardio class for seniors at the Y twice a week and strength training with resistance bands once a week at home.

Morphasia, welcome to our group! Wow, very nice, clean eating! Congratulations! Brussels sprouts is one of my favorite veggies and they are really healthful. Oh, THAT'S something else I can make with squash from our garden--squash soup. Thanks for the great idea.

Judi, painting burns a lot of calories. You earned braggin' rights on that! Yeah, I think shaking up your diet and getting your body confused occasionally does spur weight loss by preventing that starvation mode, which I have decided for me personally does not have to be below 1200 calories. I'm going back to my limit of 1500 calories because I think I had my calories too low at a limit of 1300 and then raising it to a range of 1300-1400 still didn't help.

Ann, kudos on not eating any of the cupcakes you baked. Wow, I couldn't do that! Feel better soon! I've got a two day old headache from my wood smoke allergy.

msrainh2o, great Monday report! I hope you are able to get rid of all the fireants.

Cassie, that's great about the cardio tennis group.

Mike, I'll bet that shrimp poboy was delicious! Your NOLA pics are so good--worthy of Time Magazine or National Geographic. OK--I meant that seriously. It was not meant to be a reference to topless tribal native photos--just thought I'd mention that because I'm sure it popped into your head when I you read "National Geographic". LOL
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, kudos on your exercise, fruits and veggies. I have a hard time on the water simply because I forget to drink up. Some people count their water as only clear water and allow only a spritz of lemon or lime juice for added flavor. I also count my iced tea and non-carbonated diet beverages since a nurse told me our bodies don't care where our fluids come from. But I don't count coffee or soda pop.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Busy day today filled with things that aren't very fun. So, a quick check-in and then I'm off. Trying to balance my crazy day with a very sick daughter at college. Another lesson that I have learned: It's tough to nurture long distance.

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small, M-F. Yes
2. Calories under 1100 M-F. Hard to figure, but probably <1000.
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!! Yes
4. Remember calcium and multi-vitamin. Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. Yes
6. List something that I accomplished each day. I balanced my checkbook!! Woohoo!!! (A job that I detest...)
Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern! The skrimps were fried just right. Hot out the grease, light golden brown, plump yet crispy on the outside. There were plenty of 'em, a little hot sauce, catsup, lettuce, tomato and a couple pickles slices and I had a rockin' sammich. The 3rd pic (inside the church) was taken with my cell phone. The other 2 with with my little GoPro camera. Thank little thing isn't much bigger than a book of matches!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.