FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Gained back 3 lbs (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8279-gained-back-3-lbs.html)

Ladymiseryali 09-21-2012 04:42 PM

Gained back 3 lbs
 
I know how, but it still sucks. I was doing so well. I need to cut down on carbs and AVOID Papa John's breadsticks like the plague.

But I did lose half an inch on my thighs, so that's a plus.

cjohnson728 09-22-2012 02:38 AM

Hang in there. It's not always a straight line down; more likely, it's fits and starts, back and forth. Even maintenance is that way. Just do what you know to do and those pounds will come back off!

Rubystars 09-23-2012 05:55 AM

As long as it's a long term downward trend you'll be doing ok. Just stick in there. It sounds like you're learning what works and what doesn't for you!

Ladymiseryali 09-23-2012 07:50 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I did lose 2 of the 3 lbs, so it's not a total set-back. I'm not on a diet, but a lifestyle change, so I'm not depriving myself, but limiting myself.

Dirty_ 09-24-2012 05:48 PM

Banned from pool
 
I have a weakness for Papa John's too. I'm tired of having thunder thighs, and don't like the cellulite on my bum at all. I'd like to loose some weight by next summer. I used to swim at the public pool wearing only a thong, but wouldn't dare do that now.

Ladymiseryali 09-24-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_ (Post 89543)
I have a weakness for Papa John's too. I'm tired of having thunder thighs, and don't like the cellulite on my bum at all. I'd like to loose some weight by next summer. I used to swim at the public pool wearing only a thong, but wouldn't dare do that now.

I have the same problem areas. I can feel my butt getting toned a bit, but it's still cellulite-city. I wish I had a pool, because I used to love swimming when younger. I could stay in a pool for hours.

Dirty_ 09-26-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladymiseryali (Post 89549)
I have the same problem areas. I can feel my butt getting toned a bit, but it's still cellulite-city. I wish I had a pool, because I used to love swimming when younger. I could stay in a pool for hours.

I miss swimming too, but hope to get back out there next summer. Hope you get a chance to get in the pool again.

Ladymiseryali 09-26-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_ (Post 89667)
I miss swimming too, but hope to get back out there next summer. Hope you get a chance to get in the pool again.

If there was a public pool nearby, I would be all in that thing. I would settle for a lake even, but I live on Long Island, where there's like nothing, so I have to stick to jog/walking.

Dirty_ 09-27-2012 05:53 PM

I imagine a membership for an indoor pool would cost a lot around NYC. Do you ever go to the ocean to swim? I've been in the Pacific a few times, but didn't like what the waves did to me.

Ladymiseryali 09-27-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_ (Post 89759)
I imagine a membership for an indoor pool would cost a lot around NYC. Do you ever go to the ocean to swim? I've been in the Pacific a few times, but didn't like what the waves did to me.

The last ocean I ever went to was an ocean in Canada on vacation and that was several years back. Never really swam in it. Just walked alongside it and would look for sea specimens. lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2