Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Updating for Tori. She walked 2 miles today, she forgot to tell me that for her update but I figured I'd throw that out there.

water---better than it's been all week
mindless eating---didn't eat much besides a handful of chips and a couple granola bars, a sammich and a bowl of cheerios
reign in the excitement of only 24 more days till WHN comes home!---she did really well until her Mgr. made her cry, then I threatened to kick his ass and she was all better.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
she did really well until her Mgr. made her cry, then I threatened to kick his ass and she was all better.
See, I told you you were the best big brother ever!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Time to catch up reporting; will catch up chatting tomorrow!

1. Calorie limit 1200. 1193, 1173, 1622, 1389, 1195
2. Exercise 6 hours total. 60 min., 30 min., 60 min.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. 7.5, 7, 5, 6 [not only was my team on the west coast, they were in extra innings these two nights], 7.5
4. Log everything. Everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Say one good thing that happened each day. Son got an invitation to NHS & application is being turned in today; We got some much-needed rain and I did not have to go out in it , Hubby and I exercised together; Went to open house tonight and I really like my son's teachers; A close friend, who is a widowed single mom and who has been unemployed for three months, was offered a wonderful job opportunity today

Bring on the weekend warrior-ing!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-22-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Friday Numbers:
Calories: 1,367 Fats: 71.0 Carbs: 93.5 Proteins: 40.4

Numbers are skewed due to almost no meat, too many tortilla chips and a couple drinks. Noticed that it doesn't take nearly as much to get me buzzed - and suffering the next day! I went out with my best bud for a drink (one cosmo), then we went to a friend's for a pocketbook/carry-on/wallets dem, where I had only one glass of (too sweet) wine. I wasn't "lie down on the bed spinning" buzzed, but I did feel it. And am a bit fuzzy this morning (thank you body clock - I reeeeeally needed to wake up at 3:30am!) (NOT!).

Getting too old for this crap.

Since I am up this damned early, I managed to get the elastic replaced on a favorite (hippie-dippie) skirt, emptied the dishwasher, and now need to start baking for the weekend - a neighbor's birthday party(gotta make bread for a gift basket) and bringing stew and bread to Mom's on Sunday. The dough is in the 'fridge, so just need to form the loaves and toss 'em in the oven. Then (if I have time) make some grape jam and jelly out of the juice and pulp from a neighbor's grapes. And make Mom's stew.

Have to go eat something - stomach is complaining. Busy weekend ahead - hope to pop in sometime and visit with everyone (which means some me time!)
Old 09-22-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: Cough syrup, the perk of being sick.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Judi, sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! I love your descriptions of your kitchen quests. I am pretty good about avoiding processed food and cooking most things from scratch, but you are definitely my hero in that lifestyle! Maybe when I retire and have more time on my hands you can give me a tutorial . I hope you enjoy your day and that your mom progresses quickly in her recovery.

Mike, Tori, glad to see you guys tag-teaming through the week. Hope both of you have a great weekend!

Nightshade, I think smoothies are a great option if you have issues with texture of fruits and veggies. There are a ton of smoothie recipes on the internet, and also check out the Foods section here...I think I remember a thread about smoothies a while back. Using frozen fruit can be easy and cost-effective, especially in the winter. Have fun experimenting!

msrainh2o, congrats on your starch goal. I hope you feel better very soon...bronchitis sounds miserable! Looking forward to seeing you next week as well

Mern, what an irritating situation! Everybody knows that watching kids in the neighborhood is a trade off thing; can't imagine constantly dumping my charges on somebody else. I know you will handle it with your usual clever diplomacy. BTW, you are doing a terrific job on your exercise! I need to get off my butt to match your motivation!

Ama, you've been doing great and you have the right attitude. A couple controlled cheats will be fine, just do exactly what you did and figure out how to mitigate the damage. Enjoy your football this weekend.

Ann, I'm sure the first weekend after going back will feel good for you. Congrats on the running; you are doing an awesome job!

Jenn, kudos to you for getting weeds pulled; would you like to come do mine, lol? I usually use my iPod for that chore, since I use it when I run, it somehow gives me more energy and I get done more quickly.

Ron, are you a weekend warrior? Hopefully we weren't too crazy this past week! Seems like you fit right in, though.

Quinn, thanks for the tip about saving the application. The way ours is structured, I can't see it as being applicable to future things, but we do have something from last year's academic booster club that is set up in that way, with spaces for all achievements, etc. I'm going to type that in as a document and then we can add as we need. Great idea . I laughed when I read your mention of the orchard; I remember last year's visit, especially because I had the same thing happen myself a couple weeks after you did...ugh! Hubby has some days off coming and we were just discussing when to go last night, so beware! Our orchard's specialty is fried pies, along with all the breads, peanut brittle, jams...I think I should have a sponsor on speed dial to talk me through!

Well, now that this is a novel, I need to get on with my day. Sitting in my (not so great) seminar yesterday gave me time to make my to-do list and it has 29 things on it, with only 6 crossed off so far . So I'd best get at it but I will check in and stay on track this weekend; flog me if I don't!

Sorry if I missed anyone; it wasn't intentional!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-22-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
He really is. A much better one than the one I was blessed with by blood. I've only spoken to that one once in the past two months, and that was just a few days ago. I'm pretty sure the conversation went like this.....Me: "here ya go" Brother: "thanks, see ya later" That was it. One of our better coversations.

Bubba--thanks for making my goals, getting me in trouble at work, talking me off ledges, etc, etc. Mostly for the etc. Not sure how I would have made it the past 5 months without ya

I'd actually like to thank everyone here--I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, but I have been reading the thread most days. Knowing that when I get my shit together that y'all are here, well, it helps.

Okay...enough of the mushy! I'm off to Walmart to pick up some stuff for Sunday Dinner with the Parentals. Then maybe do a mile or two of my mandatory 3 miles over the weekend. Catch up with y'all later
Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Awww, yes you did tell me that a little while back.

Originally Posted by mrsrainh2o
Mike: Cough syrup, the perk of being sick.
It almost makes it worth it.

Mike, Tori, glad to see you guys tag-teaming through the week. Hope both of you have a great weekend!
This weekend will be hectic. I'm in the process of MMS. Making myself single

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
He really is. A much better one than the one I was blessed with by blood. I've only spoken to that one once in the past two months, and that was just a few days ago. I'm pretty sure the conversation went like this.....Me: "here ya go" Brother: "thanks, see ya later" That was it. One of our better coversations.

Bubba--thanks for making my goals, getting me in trouble at work, talking me off ledges, etc, etc. Mostly for the etc. Not sure how I would have made it the past 5 months without ya

I'd actually like to thank everyone here--I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, but I have been reading the thread most days. Knowing that when I get my shit together that y'all are here, well, it helps.

Okay...enough of the mushy! I'm off to Walmart to pick up some stuff for Sunday Dinner with the Parentals. Then maybe do a mile or two of my mandatory 3 miles over the weekend. Catch up with y'all later
Aww you're one hell of a little sis yourself!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
This weekend will be hectic. I'm in the process of MMS. Making myself single
Holy crap! We're here for you, dude .
Old 09-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. It's been a long time coming. We've been together 9 years and I've been unhappy with the relationship for more than half of it. I told her how I felt but more importantly how I didn't feel. I told her I didn't think I was willing to try any more because we've been here before but I told her to give me a couple days to think about everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.