Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Nightshade, welcome. ALL of us are here because we need accountability and I join you in being one who needs a push now and then or else I won't do it at all. Best wishes on your workouts. Looking forward to your updates. Tomorrow tell us what you did for exercise and for how long. I'm an exercise novice. I do a 45 minute cardio circuit on Monday and Friday; elliptical, stationary bike and some weight room machines on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday I will either be doing strength training at home or weight room machines at the Y.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome nightshade. This is a great place to get motivation.
Thanks Mern. Being told I'm an inspiration is always tough for me, I'm just doing the best I can (in life too)

I'm going to do reduced update today.
Nutrition Log: 1325 calories (woohoo), 140carb, 59protein (squeaked under the wire on that one)
Seeing that I average 140 carb I think 120 might be a little unrealistic. I am allowed 45 per meal and 2 15g snacks so I'm actually on target if I follow dieticians guidelines.
Fruits/veggies was only 3 today.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ooops - sorry - just realized I brain-farted posting for Wednesday, so here we go:

Calories: 1,089 Fat: 52.6 Carbs: 80.2 Proteins: 76.3

Not great (skipped a meal, nibbled on chocolate). But , good news is Mom is doing better, and I am finding my center within the chaos. Still journaling, trying to get a decent night's sleep (again - body clock is waking me well before 5!), continuing with getting my living room completed (and packing more of S2BX stuff).

Today's calories: 1,464 fats: 79.1 Carbs: 63.8 Proteins: 133.3

Had an extra sports run today on the bus (middle school soccer and XC) - so dragged out the macrame twine and the book, and am teaching myself new designs. As a lefty, I have never found anyone who could teach me to knit or crochet, so I started making bracelets and chokers during craft shows some years ago. I picked up the hobby again, for it is relaxing and meditative.

Ok, gotta get a kid home (I come home to extra on a daily basis!), then get some more work done. Check in with you all later!

Nightshade - love the name! Welcome!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nightshade, welcome. ALL of us are here because we need accountability and I join you in being one who needs a push now and then or else I won't do it at all. Best wishes on your workouts. Looking forward to your updates. Tomorrow tell us what you did for exercise and for how long. I'm an exercise novice. I do a 45 minute cardio circuit on Monday and Friday; elliptical, stationary bike and some weight room machines on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday I will either be doing strength training at home or weight room machines at the Y.
Ok will do thank you,
and thank you jjrudd.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Judi, no farting allowed!

Speaking of, this extra fiber is giving me hell. Poor Mytsie will need to sleep on top of the covers tonight.

Last night I took the bike to the race track... again. I had a great time and I know this isn't the place to say this (y'all that know me, know I don't think much before I speak) but damn I drive that thing like a girl. I need to man up. As Tori would say "either you need to grow a set, or borrow mine!"

I will be updating in the morning, so will she. Today was an interesting day, after all this time Tori finally nicknamed me, well something other than GDB.

I'm sure y'all are thinking that GDB stands for Gosh Darn Brilliant. Welllll not so much. I'm sure y'all have all called a guy a DB at one point or another. I guess she retired the GiantDB name for me for a more suitable redneck one.

G'night ladies and Ron.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

UGH--fell asleep a little after 10PM last night and could have slept in today because daughter is taking the grandkids to school this morning. But then I woke up at about 3:15AM and couldn't get back to sleep.

I didn't plan out my menu yesterday and got really hungry last night. I did have a nutritious low carb, low fat Boca Classic Meatless Burger for an evening snack, but then fell face first into a bag of Hershey Sugar Free Dark Chocolate and didn't even try to curb my indulgence.

Here's my Thursday report:
Calories 1300-1400 1373, 1201, 1399--one whole calorie to spare. , 1284
Dietary Cholesterol maximum average 250mg 266, 189mg, 255mg, 259mg
Sat fat maximum average 10% of total calories 15%, 10%, 12%, a whopping 18%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 18g, 24g, 17g, 28g
Dietary fiber 25g 38g, 44g, 30g, 25g
Protein minimum average 120g or more 132, 112g, 117g so average is a green 120g, 121g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, NO, DON'T THINK SO
Evening snack that won't take me off target
Monday--Chicken and protein shake
Tuesday--flaxmeal muffin and half a protein shake
Wednesday--protein shake and celery with a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut Butter

Thursday--BIG FAILURE

Jenn--I have a male cousin who puts me on a pedestal and that's tough for me. He's a retired, decorated U.S. Army Colonel and we were recently reunited after having virtually no contact for almost 50 years. He just knows the Mern he's seen in two visits and short chit-chat type emails once or twice per week over his "pass-it-along" jokes and PowerPoint Presentation slides. But we "see" you here every day and know that even though none of us perfect, you are one who really has a handle on your goals and you work harder at it than many of us. I want to be like you when I "grow up." I didn't plan out my menu yesterday and failbed miserably on my saturated fat goal.

Judi, kudos on your needlework. I've always admired people's talents in that area but have never had the patience to do something like that myself. I've had six extra kids all week playing with my two elementary school grandkids I watch before and after school. I know who the mothers are of five of the kids and where they live. I just found out the mother of three of those kids is paid to babysit two of the others for two hours after school. She's getting paid to provide child care and they're at my house an hour and forty-five of those two hours every day. What's wrong with this picture? I love kids but don't like being played for a sap. I think it's time to set some civil boundries. Glad your Mom is doing better.

Mike, you may want to cut back to the fiber you know you can handle without the intestinal disturbance and then build up gradually from there to get your body used to more so it won't er, uhm--"protest." Enjoy that bike, but be careful! Better to drive like a girl than to get injured or killed. "GDB" -- LOL!

Having all four of my granddaughter's kids this weekend. I'll have to plan some activity--maybe a picnic or something else relatively inexpensive so it's more of a pleasure for me than a chore to give up my whole weekend. I don't do well playing martyr. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 09-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, everyone! Ran into the usual crazy-busy midweek, but I did keep logging and will post the damage later today. I fell off a bit but not too bad food-wise, and I need to step up the exercise. I'm off to a seminar now but will be back on this afternoon to catch up. I hope you all are getting this weekend off to a great start! Weekend warriors unite !
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

quick update on yesterday. promise to catch up with everybody when I get home from work.

water---better than it's been all week, but it's not saying much
mindless eating---what ice cream?????
reign in the excitement of only 25 more days till WHN comes home!---I was slightly whiny yesterday, did my daily facebook countdown but that's about it
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you are all excited for this weeked to be here as I am. Will be going for a run tonight, will make it another 5 mile one and see how I do. Actually have somewhat of a quiet weekend planned for once so maybe I can get caught up on house work and things I have been putting off all week.

Mike, I am the same way with riding on a bike, jet ski, skiing, etc. I think the older I get, the more cautious and nervous I am because I think of all the bad things that can happen or how I can get hurt. When you are younger you just get on and go, live for that thrill and never even think about something happening. But girl, you'll build up your courage and start riding like a man again!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday:

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Calories under 1100. 1278, 1698, 1205, 1265
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!! Yes, No, Better, Ok
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, No
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Started off on the wrong foot, diet-wise, this week and have had a hard time focusing ever since. Just not as strict as I'd like to be. And I'm sure today will be no different as hubby is only working a half day today which means an afternoon of goofing around. lol (He has been a really bad influence lately!) Depending on the weather, we may go to the apple orchard this afternoon... we all know what a disaster that was last year!!! (About a 3 day bakery bender...) Why, oh why, can't I get my sh** together and be more disciplined in my eating like I use to be?? UGH!!!

Mern,
Bless your heart for watching all of those kids, especially after you have already raised your own family! I use to be in the same boat, being only one of 2 stay at home moms in my daughter's grade. I agree with you completely. I was glad to do it until I felt like I was being taken advantage of or that my extra work load wasn't being appreciated. Then, I put my foot down and found somewhere for my kids and I "to be" after school for awhile until they found another house to congregate. My advice? Send the whole bunch over to the house of the woman who is actually getting paid to do it.

Cassie,
Did you get the NHS app. filled out? We made a copy of it and saved it on our computer. That way, when we needed similar documents for scholarship apps. etc., we could print off a quick copy, instead of having to copy the same info over and over again. Once saved on the computer, you can then easily add new activities and honors, etc. as they come along. It saved us a TON of work.

Well, time to get something done before hubby gets home.

Enjoy your day, all!

quinn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.