Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is! >

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Community
Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Closing down the kitchen.

Wednesday Report

Calories 1300-1400 1373, 1201, 1399--one whole calorie to spare.
Dietary Cholesterol maximum average 250mg 266, 189mg, 255mg so average is still green at 237mg.
Sat fat maximum average 10% of total calories 15% (probably wont make up for that) 10%, 12%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 18g, 24g, only 17g
Dietary fiber 25g 38g, 44g, 30g
Protein minimum average 120g or more 132, 112g, 117g so average is a green 120g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, NO
Evening snack that won't take me off target
Monday--Chicken and protein shake
Tuesday--flaxmeal muffin and half a protein shake
Wednesday--protein shake and celery with a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut Butter

Last edited by Mern; 09-19-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Hmmm... is there something I'm missing here? Are ya'll actually related?!? Now you got me wonderin'
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Seems to be more of a 'separated at birth' kind of phenomenon .
separated at birth would explain a LOT!

Ama-Mike became my other brother right around the time CN became a string of initials I don't even remember. Mike offered to come up to SC to kick his butt for me. It was kind of sweet. Then the sweet faded and he became like any other older brother....annoying and mean
Old 09-19-2012, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

feeling kind of lazy and don't want to search down my last update, so I'll just give the brief synopsis.....
Water---eeehhhhh
Mindless eating---eeehhhh
Reigning in the excitement of 26 more days til WHN gets home--YES

So, my day started out not so great, there was slight issue of being hung over. I over reacted to something WHN said last night and broke into the bottle of Merlot in the fridge. Okay okay, I PUT it in the fridge as part of my over reacting, and THEN opened and drank half the bottle. So, my day's beginning was of my own making. I went outside to get something out of the car, only to discover that the doggies had killed a little baby kitty. I named her Tabitha cause she was a little grey striped tabby. It was pitiful. I went inside, ate lunch, and then decided that Tabi needed to be buried. So I went out to figure out a way to keep the dogs from getting her, and SHE WAS GONE!!! My first thought was Pet Cemetery, but then logic took over and I realized the dogs must have drug her away somewhere. I searched and found her in the back yard. I put a tarp over her so they wouldn't mess with her anymore and then went to WalMart to get a shovel. Tabi is now peacefully resting under the tree in the front yard. So, at least I got some exercise in digging a kitty cat grave

Headed to bed. Sorry I haven't had time to personally respond to everyone. High fives to those doing well, hugs to those struggling
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

1. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables (Jenn) yes, no, no
2. Log everything. Everything (Cassie) yes, yes, yes
3. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. (Quinniepoo) yes, yes, yes
4. Dietary fiber 25g (Mern)25.6, 37.8, 33.5
5. keep (start) journalling (Judi) yes, no, no
6. reign in the excitement of only 26 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!! (Tori) yes (even though she called me a db), yes (she was nice to me today ), yes (I had some choice words for her today but we celebrated about 26 days being left)
7. Drink my water (belinda) yes, yes, only 1/2 gallon
Old 09-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small. Yes, Yes
2. Calories under 1100. 1278, 1698
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!! Yes, No
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. Yes, Yes
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. Yes, Yes
Awesome job. Now lets get #2 under control.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Goals for the week...here goes...
1. Log everythingyes, yes
2. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables4.5, 4
3. Keep carb/protein within limit 120carb/60g protein140/55, 160/50 (darn muffin)
4. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a daybarely but yes, yes
5. Exercise(same goal)--didn't get enough last week so here's hoping for this week

Personal goals
1. WRITE. There is workshop at local library in 2 weeks and I want to have some stuff donedoes it count if it's still in my head?YES
2. Finish cleaning out spare room (I can at least see the top of the bed again )
3. Pull out weeds in driveway and front lawn...a job I hate
raining but I plan to cut front lawn and pull weeds tomorrow. YES
Great job. Awesome work on the fruits and veggies. I need to kick mine in gear. Tomorrow you should pull weeds, get it over with so it's not hanging over your head.

Originally Posted by Mern
Monday and Tuesday Reports

Calories 1300-1400 1373, 1201
Dietary Cholesterol maximum average 250mg 266, 189 so average is 228
Sat fat maximum average 10% of total calories 15% (probably wont make up for that) 10%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 18g, 24g
Dietary fiber 25g 38g, 44g
Protein minimum average 120g or more 132, 112 so average is 122g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES,
Water 64 oz. YES, YES
Awesome week so far. I need to catch up in the fiber dept!

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Hey, this a nice clean food related forum!! You forgot the popsicles, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, etc.... lol

GOALS:
Join the 7 Day Thread: DONE, (maybe some regrets, lol)
Calories < 1700: 2235!, 1831
Workout 3 days: NO, NO

The workout goal is looking bad. Helped my son move to his new house on Monday. Picked up and delivered a new bed and refrigerator to my son on Tuesday. Wife is going to Frankie Valle concert with her mom tonight (so I'm watching the foster kids). Booth at the Gun Show on Saturday and Sunday.
C'mon Ron, you gotta step it up! These ladies are gonna crush you if you don't put more green in there.

Good lord, I duck out for 2.5 weeks and this place turned into a crazy house! Skim of the posts… spitballs? I am definitely sitting behind Judy in the station wagon. Spit balls scare me just about as much as clowns do… Don’t even know what to say about Mike’s centerfold comments, does that have anything to do with Tori’s baby names? I think we could sell out to cable and start our own reality show people!

Been off the thread a few weeks, but NOT off the wagon! Though my exercise routine needs a swift kick-in-the behind to get me going again… ug! No lbs gained, but feeling super sluggish lately.

BTW – I turned 40 a few weeks ago. And I actually threw away about 3lbs of leftover b-day cake – CHOCOLATE CAKE! Now that is a life-style change if I ever had one! It is going to be a great decade

Better late than never goals

Water all day (I won’t count oz because who am I kidding, just drink H2O all day). Y, Y
Mostly whole foods (at least 90% is a yes). Y, Y
Veggie meals as much as possible – Y, N (but fish ok so Y),
Fish 2x this week. Tuesday; tuna on green salad
Limit coffee 2 cups/day. N, Y
Gym 2x this week. Tuesday,
Work on one long-term goal from my to do list – Still working on monthly budget tracking, making good progress!

I asked my 3yo son what he wanted for dinner last night and he said “tomato salad.” And he got it - YAY!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Happy Wednesday - Ama
40yo, 5’6”
Recovering YOYOer who is Maintaining with a Vengeance!
Welcome back. My name and Tori getting knocked up should never be used together.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
eww eww eww!!! Mike and I may both be from the Souf, but we know that incest is NOT the best. Just EWW! :gagging a lil bit:

Ron--seems you fit right in....
I also puked a little. Should I log it?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-19-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bjhans
Oops lost my typing. Goals - log everything even the popcorn at the theater. cut size of that serving. Calorie deficit of 700 per day for hopeful loss of 1 #. Increase fruit and vegetables. Cut empty carbs. Stay on track
That happens all too often. I usually copy what I type in case it vanishes, then I can paste.

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Thanks Mike!
I guess you figured out why I said it at that very moment?

Hmmm... is there something I'm missing here? Are ya'll actually related?!? Now you got me wonderin'
Here's the deal. My family adopted her when we found her on our doorstep.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Seems to be more of a 'separated at birth' kind of phenomenon .
Read above.

Originally Posted by Mern
Closing down the kitchen.

Wednesday Report

Calories 1300-1400 1373, 1201, 1399--one whole calorie to spare.
Dietary Cholesterol maximum average 250mg 266, 189mg, 255mg so average is still green at 237mg.
Sat fat maximum average 10% of total calories 15% (probably wont make up for that) 10%, 12%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 18g, 24g, only 17g
Dietary fiber 25g 38g, 44g, 30g
Protein minimum average 120g or more 132, 112g, 117g so average is a green 120g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, NO
Wednesday--protein shake and celery with a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut Butter
Closing time! Rock it out Mern!!

separated at birth would explain a LOT!

Ama-Mike became my other brother right around the time CN became a string of initials I don't even remember. Mike offered to come up to SC to kick his butt for me. It was kind of sweet. Then the sweet faded and he became like any other older brother....annoying and mean
I don't remember threatening to kick his ass. I've always been annoying, get it straight!

feeling kind of lazy and don't want to search down my last update, so I'll just give the brief synopsis.....
Water---eeehhhhh
Mindless eating---eeehhhh
Reigning in the excitement of 26 more days til WHN gets home--YES

So, my day started out not so great, there was slight issue of being hung over. I over reacted to something WHN said last night and broke into the bottle of Merlot in the fridge. Okay okay, I PUT it in the fridge as part of my over reacting, and THEN opened and drank half the bottle. So, my day's beginning was of my own making. I went outside to get something out of the car, only to discover that the doggies had killed a little baby kitty. I named her Tabitha cause she was a little grey striped tabby. It was pitiful. I went inside, ate lunch, and then decided that Tabi needed to be buried. So I went out to figure out a way to keep the dogs from getting her, and SHE WAS GONE!!! My first thought was Pet Cemetery, but then logic took over and I realized the dogs must have drug her away somewhere. I searched and found her in the back yard. I put a tarp over her so they wouldn't mess with her anymore and then went to WalMart to get a shovel. Tabi is now peacefully resting under the tree in the front yard. So, at least I got some exercise in digging a kitty cat grave

Headed to bed. Sorry I haven't had time to personally respond to everyone. High fives to those doing well, hugs to those struggling
You failed to mention that I threatened to bury you if you didn't give Tabitha a proper burial!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-19-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. Ran with my friend tonight and pushed myself to do 5 miles at a quicker pace than normal. Tough workout but felt great. Need to hit the gym more to do weights and some other things as well, instead of just running all the time. Just find it hard since its finally nice outside and not 100 degrees everyday.

Since I was gone for 10 weeks from work on maternity leave, I thought it would be hard to get back into the grind of having over 100 emails a day, tons of projects, etc. But seriously, its like I never left. Coming back this time is much easier with kid #2 and makes me feel ok that I do chose to work full time, even with having two kids.

Great job on everyone staying accountable. My goal for myself will be to run three days a week and go to the gym twice. Might be tough timing-wise but will pay off in the long run.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Mern. Thanks for the info on fiber; I read more online about it this week. No starches for me for two days straight now. Today begins the third day. Have a good day with your grandchildren.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Better late than never goals

Water all day (I won’t count oz because who am I kidding, just drink H2O all day). Y, Y, Y
Mostly whole foods (at least 90% is a yes). Y, Y, NO (and too ashamed to talk about it...)
Veggie meals as much as possible – Y, N (but fish ok so Y), N
Fish 2x this week. Tuesday; tuna on green salad
Limit coffee 2 cups/day. N, Y, Y
Gym 2x this week. Tuesday, , planned for Thursday
Work on one long-term goal from my to do list – Still working on monthly budget tracking, making good progress!

Happy Thursday - Ama
40yo, 5’6”
Recovering YOYOer who is Maintaining with a Vengeance!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

mrsrainh2o, you are very welcome for the tidbit of info on fiber. Kudos on no starches for two days straight! I'm rooting for you to make it three days in a row. I did have a great day with my grandkids--thanks.

Tori, aw, so sweet of you to bury Tabi. I love Merlot but haven't had any in a long time.

Mike, thanks for your encouragement on my accomplishments so far this week. Kudos on your logging, supplements, fiber, and water even though you have it in red. Had to laugh about your big, nasty vitamins and supplements--I popped a couple of the big fish oil capsules in my mouth the other day and as I walked across the kitchen to get some water I inadvertently bit down on one. OMG, the taste is one of the most gross I could ever imagine.

Ann, kudos on your five mile run and on all you do with rearing two children, working full time, taking care of your home, exercising, etc. I don't know how you do all that! When I was your age ith two children I didn't work outside the home or exercise and didn't have a computer to have to deal with emails. You are an amazing, accomplished woman! I keep procrastinating about making an appointment at the Y for a tour and demo of more machines in the weight room appropriate for my ability and needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.