Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-19-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good lord, I duck out for 2.5 weeks and this place turned into a crazy house! Skim of the posts… spitballs? I am definitely sitting behind Judy in the station wagon. Spit balls scare me just about as much as clowns do… Don’t even know what to say about Mike’s centerfold comments, does that have anything to do with Tori’s baby names? I think we could sell out to cable and start our own reality show people!

Been off the thread a few weeks, but NOT off the wagon! Though my exercise routine needs a swift kick-in-the behind to get me going again… ug! No lbs gained, but feeling super sluggish lately.

BTW – I turned 40 a few weeks ago. And I actually threw away about 3lbs of leftover b-day cake – CHOCOLATE CAKE! Now that is a life-style change if I ever had one! It is going to be a great decade

Better late than never goals

Water all day (I won’t count oz because who am I kidding, just drink H2O all day). Y, Y
Mostly whole foods (at least 90% is a yes). Y, Y
Veggie meals as much as possible – Y, N (but fish ok so Y),
Fish 2x this week. Tuesday; tuna on green salad
Limit coffee 2 cups/day. N, Y
Gym 2x this week. Tuesday,
Work on one long-term goal from my to do list – Still working on monthly budget tracking, making good progress!

I asked my 3yo son what he wanted for dinner last night and he said “tomato salad.” And he got it - YAY!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Happy Wednesday - Ama
40yo, 5’6”
Recovering YOYOer who is Maintaining with a Vengeance!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
BTW – I turned 40 a few weeks ago. And I actually threw away about 3lbs of leftover b-day cake – CHOCOLATE CAKE! Now that is a life-style change if I ever had one! It is going to be a great decade
You threw out cake?? GOOD FOR YOU!!--it deserves caps.
Mom has gone to church and I did not eat a single bar. Yay me

Purchased Wii Sports Active 2. Not that technical so it took me ages to figure out it wouldn't start because I didn't have USB plugged in that plus cutting grass gave me 30 minutes today.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Off topic, but I just stumbled on Google Cloud Print last night and my live-in GD is very happy that she can now print from her laptop wirelessly to the printer that is hooked up to my desktop PC. https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/ Anyone with a Google Chrome web browser can enable Google Cloud on his/her computer, register the printer, and authorize anyone they wish who has a Google account to use the registered printer. To enable someone else to use your printer, you must authorize them through the email address they used to set up their Google account. Easy to set up but the email link she and my son were sent to accept the invitation didn't work so the way we found to bypass that little snag was to on their computer click the Google wrench icon (upper right) then click Settings/Advanced Settings/ Enable Google Cloud Print or if already done click Manage Print Settings. They can upload files to print from there to your printer.

Msrain, kudos on the no starches yesterday! Super job! I'm doing well today, thanks, but I've been too busy to cheat. I think I told you I used to be pre-diabetic but reversed it to normal through diet alone by doing only 25 net carbs per day (total carbs less fiber.) I have to stick with that for life and hopefully I'll never progress to full-blown type II diabetes. Fiber is included in the total carbs on our FitDay food logs. You probably know that fiber is carbs that minimally impact blood sugar, so most low carbers deduct them from total carbs. I have to count all my carbs, though, to keep my blood sugar normal--even the carbs in lettuce and cucumbers.

Ron, you'd better watch it or Granny (I) will send you to the corner. I also brandish a whip from time to time. LOL 1831 calories isn't far from your 1700 goal. You probably burned a lot of calories helping your son move. Best wishes with watching the kids tonight. DH took my grandkids to the park after school so I got to play on the computer instead of having child care duty.

Ama, I sat here giggling reading your post about the antics going on here lately. Kudos on doing so well and not gaining in your absence. Belated birthday wishes for continued wonderful lifestyle changes and lots of happiness ahead. Kudos on being good while your Mom's at church. LOL I'm not technically oriented, either--takes me longer, but I usually get where I need to go by re-reading and re-reading to see where I messed up. Great job on the exercise! Wonderful reports this week--you got almost all green! Tomato salad--fantastic request for a three year old! You have taught him well.

Last edited by Mern; 09-19-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Don’t even know what to say about Mike’s centerfold comments, does that have anything to do with Tori’s baby names?
eww eww eww!!! Mike and I may both be from the Souf, but we know that incest is NOT the best. Just EWW! :gagging a lil bit:

Ron--seems you fit right in....
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oops lost my typing. Goals - log everything even the popcorn at the theater. cut size of that serving. Calorie deficit of 700 per day for hopeful loss of 1 #. Increase fruit and vegetables. Cut empty carbs. Stay on track
Old 09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

bjhans, welcome! I'm rooting for you on those nice goals. I could probably stand to lose 90 lbs. but my goal is to get down to 150 and then assess from there. I just want to be in better health, look and feel better in my clothes regardless of the numbers on the scale. DH is 72 and I'm 66. Our almost 18 year old granddaughter lives with us. It was supposed to be temporary--that if she stayed with us to save us 16 miles per day of driving, we would drive her to and from her part time job until she could save money to buy a laptop and a reliable used car for commuting to and from her local college this year. But she likes having her own bedroom here and after she got the car and laptop she decided she wanted to stay. Her Mom and other three siblings live only four miles from here and she sees them five or six days a week as we also provide supervision for our daughters younger three children while she works--before and after school, and on school holidays.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
You threw out cake?? GOOD FOR YOU!!--it deserves caps.
Mom has gone to church and I did not eat a single bar. Yay me

Purchased Wii Sports Active 2. Not that technical so it took me ages to figure out it wouldn't start because I didn't have USB plugged in that plus cutting grass gave me 30 minutes today.
Ok, you got me! ... I took 3 big bites before chunking it in the trash... hehe

DH and I are thinking about a Wii for x-Mas. I think DS would love it! I would probably hurt myself though
Old 09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
eww eww eww!!! Mike and I may both be from the Souf, but we know that incest is NOT the best. Just EWW! :gagging a lil bit:
Hmmm... is there something I'm missing here? Are ya'll actually related?!? Now you got me wonderin'
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm... is there something I'm missing here? Are ya'll actually related?!? Now you got me wonderin'
Seems to be more of a 'separated at birth' kind of phenomenon .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.