Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Better late than never goals

Water all day (I won’t count oz because who am I kidding, just drink H2O all day). Y, Y, Y, Y
Mostly whole foods (at least 90% is a yes). Y, Y, NO (and too ashamed to talk about it...), N but damage control was pretty good
Veggie meals as much as possible – Y, N (but fish ok so Y), N, N (see below)
Fish 2x this week. Tuesday; tuna on green salad
Limit coffee 2 cups/day. N, Y, Y, Y
Gym 2x this week. Tuesday, Thursday
Work on one long-term goal from my to do list – Still working on monthly budget tracking, making good progress!

Thursday could have been better... there was a lunchtime BBQ at work, and even though there are usually vegetarian options all I could find was a little salad left over by the time I got downstairs. Soooooo... I had a foot-long hot dog with a big yummy bun, mustard, ketsup and... MAYO! Real live mayonnaise, not the fat free stuff I have at home. And to be honest, I also had a macadamia nut cookie I feel bad to the bone. But gotta say I enjoyed every bite of it! To make up for it I doubled my workout at the gym - 1 more mile on the treadmill, kicked butt with free-weights, and did my upper and lower body workout on the same day! Then a veggie dinner of a big salad and some rice. Balance is what it is all about, right?

Happy Friday - Ama
40yo, 5’6”
Recovering YOYOer who is Maintaining with a Vengeance!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - Way to go with trying out a new weight-lifting routine! I love the weight machines, more so than that darn treadmill… I really love the free weights. The free weight room has unfortunately become a popular after school hang out– there is a high-school just down the street from the Y and lots of kids stay at the Y until their folks pick them up. Really hard to get through the crowd sometimes to actually get to the weights. Sorry to hear about the babysitting fraud that Mom of 3 is playing, does she have a conscious at all? I would be pissed off too!

Ann – Wow, lots of responsibilities, sounds like you are doing a great job!!! I work part-time and have 1 kid, in pre-school, and can barely make it to the gym 2x per week. I really need to work on that.

Mikey and Tori – Thanks for the explanations! I totally understand now… separated at birth, found on the doorstep, bound by the South, big brother/little sister. Sorry about making ya’ll puke… I love how you two support each other. Wish I had a big brother to beat up my ex boyfriends!

Nightshade - Welcome! Glad you are here!

Judi – Glad to hear your Mom is doing better, what a terrible thing to have happen to her, and such a blessing she is pulling through. And you are pulling through as well, so glad you are finding your center. I am a lefty also and used pattern books to teach myself how to crochet. Never could get the hang of knitting though!

Quinn – I love your AIS dinner philosophy! I need to clean off the dining room table and start that one myself with the fam. We are way too casual when it comes to meal times. You inspire me!

Cassie – I will try hard to unite for the weekend, but darn, its football season… I need to pace myself so that I can enjoy a little bit of the party fare on Sunday nights. But I was asked to bring wine and bread pudding to the Sunday night game this week. Carbs anyone?

Jenn - Keep up the good work!

Ron - Hope you are having a great week so far! I like the weight machines also!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

1. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables (Jenn) yes, no, no, no
2. Log everything. Everything (Cassie) yes, yes, yes,yes
3. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. (Quinniepoo) yes, yes, yes,yes
4. Dietary fiber 25g (Mern)25.6, 37.8, 33.5, 43.0
5. keep (start) journalling (Judi) yes, no, no, no
6. reign in the excitement of only 25 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!! (Tori) yes (even though she called me a db), yes (she was nice to me today ), yes (I had some choice words for her today but we celebrated about 26 days being left), yes
7. Drink my water (belinda) yes, yes, only 1/2 gallon, only 1/2 gallon
Old 09-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Tori and I are going to be weekend warriors!

Tori:
1) gallon of water/ day, not an ounce less!
2) 1600 calories deficient (over Saturday and Sunday), while logging sleep
3) walk 3 miles, weather permitting (weather permitting means if there's weather... good, bad, hot, cold, wet, dry, windy or calm, you are permitted!!!)

Me:
1) gallon of water/ day, not an ounce less!
2) do something fun and new (no smart ass comments Tori)
3) limit bread to 2 servings

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-21-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori and I are going to be weekend warriors!

3) don't get slapped at the wedding on Saturday
Uh..that's an interesting goal. I'm sure there is a story there.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I hope your seminar was good. We will have our daughter's other three kids, ages almost 17, 10, and 8, staying the whole weekend with us while DD is out of town, but I'll try to join our Weekend Warriors.

For the newbies: we have a lot of posters on weekdays, but usually just a handful on weekends. We call those who also post on weekends "Weekend Warriors." Please join us on weekends if you can.

Tori, kudos on the water. Hope you enjoyed the ice cream, you cheater.

Ann, I hope you have a great run. I hope you enjoy your quiet weekend.

Quinn, when you rediscover your self-discipline, would you please bottle some and send it to Ohio? I'll watch for the FedEx truck! LOL Nothing like fresh apples! Hope you get to enjoy those. I'll be making more of my lower carb summer squash bread this weekend at DH's request. This time I'll be using pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. So sorry you wound up in the same boat being taken advantage of with watching other people's kids. I'd happily send my two younger grandkids down to that woman's house, BUT I know they woudn't be properly supervised. So if they do play with her kids, it has to be at my house. I can tolerate her three, but six extra kids for me to watch is over the top. I appreciate your idea--hmm, maybe we'll be making more trips to the libary right after school, or saving my errands until then and taking my younger grandkids with me.

Mike, great job on your logging, vitamins and supplements, and fiber.

Ama, my compliments on the damage control, coffee limit, and exercise. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed your "bad to the bone" lunchtime BBQ at work but major kudos on doubling your workout. You are right about the balance and you did very well. I don't think that Mom does have a conscience. I've seen her going past my house in her van when her kids are up at my house playing--and she never calls to give me a number where she can be reached if one of her kids gets hurt or sick, nor does she tell me or her kids what time she'll be back.

Last edited by Mern; 09-21-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Uh..that's an interesting goal. I'm sure there is a story there.
Oh there's always a story but I had my weeks mixed up so I to change goal 2 & 3.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

Day three of no starches. I was diagnosed with bronchitis today and prescribed an antibiotic, cough syrup, fluids, and bed rest; should feel better by Monday; and plan to keep up with all the posts in this motivational thread next week. High five to everyone who is trying to reach their health goals.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Question hey

Good afternoon every one,

(So this is my first real post so sorry if this does not make sense)

Ok so I got stuck in a car all day from 5 am to bout 3 pm so i have not had time to do much of anything missed B-fast had a sandwitch for lunch uummm I guess I will have to try and make for most of it tomorrow,

and I have question so one of my probs is that most fruits and vegges make me "get sick" when I eat them its mostly the texture of them so anyway the Question I have is how to deal with it ways to add them in idk what to do I have been trying to deal with and work around this my whole life, so if anyone has ideas or know a site or book or somthing,
and are smoothies really a good way to go?

anyway thanks for your time,

good to everyone!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrsrainh2o
Day three of no starches. I was diagnosed with bronchitis today and prescribed an antibiotic, cough syrup, fluids, and bed rest; should feel better by Monday; and plan to keep up with all the posts in this motivational thread next week. High five to everyone who is trying to reach their health goals.
Be careful of that cough syrup, that is some strong stuff! Many times I'll add a song to my post and this would have been a perfect time to put in Sippin' On Some Sizzurp (because that's what it's about) but I couldn't find a clean enough version.

Originally Posted by Nightshade1991
Good afternoon every one,

(So this is my first real post so sorry if this does not make sense)

Ok so I got stuck in a car all day from 5 am to bout 3 pm so i have not had time to do much of anything missed B-fast had a sandwitch for lunch uummm I guess I will have to try and make for most of it tomorrow,

and I have question so one of my probs is that most fruits and vegges make me "get sick" when I eat them its mostly the texture of them so anyway the Question I have is how to deal with it ways to add them in idk what to do I have been trying to deal with and work around this my whole life, so if anyone has ideas or know a site or book or somthing,
and are smoothies really a good way to go?

anyway thanks for your time,

good to everyone!!!
What about V8 juice? Smoothies are good or try some that the texture doesn't bother you. A lot of times I'll add blueberries to my oatmeal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.