Notices

Post partum weight loss at stand still

Old 09-12-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Post partum weight loss at stand still

I am currently 10 weeks postpartum, while I don't expect to be in my skinny jean already, I would like to see some weight loss.

I am 5'6 and currently 152. I was 135 when I got pregnant and went all the way up to 178. I worked out consistently through my entire pregnancy. Running until about 22 weeks and then walking 4 miles 4-5 days a week until 37 weeks pregnant. I also did strength training 2 days a week.

I had a csection 10 weeks ago tomorrow and have not lost a pound since 2 weeks post partum. I started running again at 5 weeks PP and strength training 2 days a week. I also eat a very clean diet. Very little sugar, if any. No dairy. High protein and low carb. I am also breast feeding.

What is going on?! The scale won't budge and I am very uncomfortable at this weight.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
FitDay Member

I just had baby #2 in July and my weight was stuck for a whole week without moving and then all of a sudden, it started going down again. Just give it some time. If it still doesn't budge, try doing some other type of cardio and see if that does it.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default postpartum weightloss

Hello am roserich and I am new to this forum. I am 18 months postpartum. I am 5'8'' and was 136lbs when I got pregnant. I gained a wopping 45lbs during my pregnancy went all the way to 188lbs+. I was very active prior pregnancy and exercised regularly. Complications prevented me from continuing so during pregnancy, but I admit I 'let myself go' too. I am now 164lbs. I hit a plateau phase a few months agoand just lost motivation. Hence the reason why am here. Am starting over,
I must say to you though 10 weeks is still soon, especially considering you had a c/section. Breastfeeding exclusively did produce results for me in the first few months, along with regular exercise.
Its past six weeks so it is safe to start very simple exercises, but dont push yourself too hard, your body is still healing.
I can imagine your frustration. I have gone through similar feelings, especially when I see bikinis...
I stopped exercising after I hit plateau, and went to unhealthy eating habits- but before I was seeing results. Be of courage, give your body time, and consider introducing simple exercises. All the best.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, my Daughter will be 4 months old next week. I also had a c-section but I don't think that matters. I was retaining a LOT of water toward the end and lost probably about 30 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks after the baby was born. Then nothing! I think I hit a plateau and my body had to readjust to the new lower weight. I admit I didn't work on those last few pounds too hard this summer. I was just enjoying time with my Husband and new baby. After another month though the pounds started to drop a little on their own. With summer being over and me returning back to work I started counting calories this past Monday (10/1) and the scale is moving again. I can maintain my weight with the exercise that I do but I needed to cut back on the calories I consume to start losing again. Keep plugging away, you will get there. So will I.

Last edited by anderson02; 10-09-2012 at 07:35 AM.