Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Usually when I binge like this I don't log because I don't want to face up to the numbers, and just post that I cheated badly. This time I challenged myself to be more grown up and see it in writing...

Calorie average 1300-1400 1394, 1311, 1366, 1988 Now that may not look all that horrible since my lifestyle alone without exercise burns over 2300 calories, BUT I know from experience I gain weight at anything over 40g net carbs per day regardless of how few calories I ate.
Dietary cholesterol average 250mg or less 266mg, 256mg, 175mg.--average now a green 230mg, 82.5g
Saturated fat average 10% or less of total calories 11%, 7%, 4%, 11% so average only 8.25%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 20g, 21g, 25g, 202.8 included 2 snack cakes and full sugar jam, plus having a low carb tortilla and low carb pasta on the same day
Fiber minimum 25g 32g, 39g, 51g, 31.5g
Protein average 120g or more 149g, 167g, 176g. 83g gives me an average of 144g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, NO
Morning and evening supplements YES, YES, YES, YES
Nutritious snack that won't take me off target
Monday: celery with peanut butter and a flaxmeal muffin
Tuesday: flaxmeal muffin and protein shake
Wednesday: tuna salad and small protein shake

Thursday: 2 snack cakes
Old 09-14-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, great Wednesday report! Well done! You must make really yummy caramel/butter toffee popcorn! I love checking out new recipes--hope you had fun doing that. I still aspire to trying at least one new recipe or different concoction per week. Oh, I know what you mean now about the grills on your windows. I've seen lots of houses with windows like that. We have something eating our marigolds--we do get deer from the woods behind our house, but deer would eat more than a few marigold blossoms at a time so we suspect either groundhogs or rabbits. LOL on the acorn "shooting match" sounds.

Jenn, kudos on your logging, staying in carb limits and good exercise from all the housework. I'm so glad you found us. Nice you have a supportive friend, too. I cut back on my diet/weight loss updates to a cyber-friend I've never met in person, but then she came out and said she missed my not keeping her as updated as I used to. LOL Your friend is welcome to join us if you don't mind her seeing what you post here.

Jenn and Cassie, I have to be on my toes all the time with my 8 year old GS--he's intelligent AND crafty. LOL

Cassie, major kudos on your portion sizes--usually is easy with our experience to safely "eyeball" how much we can allow ourselves of a certain food. Yeah, I'm ready for the weekend.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Had a good cardio class at the Y today. Got DH to join me, but he decided it's not something he enjoys--he'd rather do cardio on his own. But that's OK--even though his doctor has never once talked about his being at least 10 lbs. overweight or asked about his exercise (her brand of medicine is just prescribing pills and ordering tests) he had a free health screening by Walgreens when he went to get his flu shot yesterday, and that doctor recommended his losing 10 lbs. and stressed the importance of exercise at least 4 and preferrably 5 days a week.

On track today with food. Going out for dinner and have my dinner and evening snacks pre-logged. I promise I won't cheat today.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Good job with the workout Mern! Nice that the hubby joined you. I miss running with mine. Met my first goal I set for myself so on to the second one by next month! Happy Friday everyone!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Posting this early and closing down the kitchen.

Friday Report:

Calorie average 1300-1400 1394, 1311, 1366, 1988 Now that may not look all that horrible since my lifestyle alone without exercise burns over 2300 calories, BUT I know from experience I gain weight at anything over 40g net carbs per day regardless of how few calories I ate. 1392
Dietary cholesterol average 250mg or less 266mg, 256mg, 175mg., 82.5mg, 261mg Average this week is 208mg
Saturated fat average 10% or less of total calories 11%, 7%, 4%, 11%, 11% so average only 8.8%
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g 20g, 21g, 25g, 202.8g included 2 snack cakes and full sugar jam, plus having a low carb tortilla and low carb pasta on the same day. 19g
Fiber minimum 25g 32g, 39g, 51g, 31.5g, 20g
Protein average 120g or more 149g, 167g, 176g. 83g gives me an average of 144g, 137g
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, NO, YES
Morning and evening supplements YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Nutritious snack that won't take me off target
Monday: celery with peanut butter and a flaxmeal muffin
Tuesday: flaxmeal muffin and protein shake
Wednesday: tuna salad and small protein shake

Thursday: 2 snack cakes
Friday: turkey and fresh spinach, 1/2 protein shake
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Mern: Friday looks good for you! Congrats!

My Friday:

Calories: 1,441 Fats: 93.2 Carbs: 20.7 Protein: 133.4

Bought myself a pair of nice shoes today - with HEELS! (S2BX is shorter than me, and I rarely wore anything higher than 1" - placating that delicate male ego!) I figure that this monastic life I'm leading can't last forever, and since the legs are looking better with the weight loss, heels will help make them look longer and (maybe) thinner! Wore them the past hour - a bit out of practice! Gotta break 'em in - wanna look good even if it's simply an evening out with the girls! (Just the thought of dating again is freaking me out - after 25 years with the same guy, I'm a LITTLE out of practice!). And if things get better with him, he'll have to deal with a taller, willowy blonde and a dented ego!

Going to see Mom tomorrow morning - gotta stop and get her an orchid, her favorite flower. Dad says she is feeling better, but still sore. Looking forward to seeing for myself how she is.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Ann, kudos on meeting your first goal! Thanks for your support on my workout. DH agreed only to try the class with me and tonight said he's decided for sure he won't be joining my senior citizens workout group. Had to giggle because the group has about 20 other women and 4 men, and the women were marveling about how great it was that one of us was able to get her husband to join. Boy, that didn't last long. LOL
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Judi, aw, thanks for your support. Looks like you did a mighty fine job, too. Kudos on the new shoes. Legs do look better in heels, especially with weight loss like you've achieved. Ah, in my 20's I had killer legs, but I never could walk well in heels. Wishing you a big boost to your ego however it comes. Big hug to ya! So glad your Mom came through that surgery OK--still keeping her in my prayers.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, you did a super job, not only with your accountability, but with your recovery. That will definitely mitigate any damage. I'm glad to hear DH got a screening; I'm sure it was a sight to see in the exercise class! Did he give a reason for not wanting to join in? Too outnumbered? It really does make it easier when you have a partner for some of this journey; I hope you all find some common ground.

Ann, well done on the goal . I know Monday will come soon enough with its mixed emotions, but enjoy the weekend!

Judi, I am so glad to read that you treated yourself to a pair of heels. It seems like a metaphor...you are rising above that S2BX! I hope you have many, many opportunities to get out there and enjoy them!

Jenn, I echo your sentiments. I'm so thankful for this forum; it has hauled my tail out of where it didn't belong many times. It's been great to have people taking the same journey, albeit different paths. Someone can always understand, and someone is always in a good enough place to lend encouragement. I hope that your friend jumps on board soon and becomes more willing to talk about the process with you!

I was very low on calories today but no time for exercise. I had to testify today and it kept getting pushed back further and further, with me on hold the whole day; I finally finished after 5, raced home, changed, grabbed DS, and drove 1.5 hours for a tourney, and we landed home about an hour ago. Fridays are usually a wind-down, writing day for me, so this one felt kind of insulting. On a good note, I got home in time for the first pitch, so I'm parked on the couch with my lucky hat on and quite content! I hope you all are enjoying a lovely start to your weekend as well .
Old 09-15-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

My food goals this weekend are the same as during the week. Exercise today and then scheduled day off tomorrow.

Cassie, wow, you surely had a busy Friday. I can understand it being a rather "insulting" day when you are yearning for a wind-down. How'd the boy do at the tournament? Thanks for your encouragement on my carb and calorie binge recovery. I'll not weigh until Monday.

DH said he doesn't like the aerobics choreography in my Silver Sneakers (senior citizens) cardio class because he has such a hard time doing it to the beat of the music or doing the resistance exercises while also having to move his feet to choreography. He said even if he learned the choreography he still would dislike the class because of doing it to music. I told him I was sure he could wear ear plugs and do it, but he said no to that.

He said walking or walking on the treadmill is boring. His idea of cardio is basketball. Well, OK, but he needs to join a team. What HE does is to practice alone making basketball shots: walking (not jogging or running around) while dribbling just a bit, making a basket and then walking over to retrieve the ball.

He uses the machines in the weight room, but what I've seen him do looks more like strength training than cardio. He'll do his 15-20 reps on each machine, but after each machine he walks at a light to moderate pace to get a towel and spray cleaner to wipe down the machine for the next person (which he SHOULD do) but often stopping to chit-chat with one of the other guys. I don't think any exercise he does keeps his heart rate up high enough or long enough to consider it cardio.

My next idea is to see if he'll try the elliptical.

I'm learning it in baby steps--have to stop four times on level two to achieve just 1/2 mile, but I started out having to stop SEVEN times on level ONE. I don't get out of breath--my legs just get so tired. When I can do 1/2 mile without stopping I'll start adding distance 1/10 mile at a time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.