Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Ann, I usually don't weigh myself until a couple days after I eat a bunch of junk because I find it too depressing to see the rise in the scale. Perfect solution would be to not eat crap to begin with, but I have my weaknesses. But I'm better than I used to be--and I'll bet you are, too, so that's what matters. Kudos on your running!

Cassie, being over by only 69 calories after baking and eating cookies and the bit of batter from the beaters definitely IS a win! And kudos on not letting it to turn into a pantry binge. That is one major accomplishment in itself. Way to go on pushing yourself a little harder on the exercise, too, and for concentrating on your successes which certainly do add up.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday's Numbers:

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Calories under 1100. 1210, 1068, 759
3. NO breads, cheese or deep-fried ANYTHING!!! A little mozzarella, one slice bread and a little cheese, fail
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. 3, 3, 3
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. lol Yes, Yes, Yes

Spent yesterday morning continuing on with my fall cleaning. Then the afternoon consisted of making 24 bags of caramel/butter toffee popcorn. (When will I learn to say "no" to volunteering??)

Kind of a rainy, dark day here today. Think I'll spend the day checking out new recipes for my grocery shopping tomorrow.

Mern,
LOL... Grills (At least that's what we call them.) are the decorative "squares" that you see in colonial-style homes windows. Ours are oak, but I decided to paint the side that faces the road white. They are just for decoration, I guess. When I washed windows this fall and had to pop them out for that, I decided to paint them. My problem hasn't been bear lately... it's been DEER!! Oh my goodness! They've been eating my hostas and my new mums right on my front step! If I put out pumpkins, they'll eat those too. They have been coming in to eat the acorns that are EVERYWHERE this year, which makes for an interesting day when the neighborhood men cut grass... it sounds like a shooting match with them flying around hitting things. lol

Judi,
What happened to your mother is just terrible. Unfortunately, I've seen far too much of that sort of thing over the past few years. I swear, I could write a book. And when you complain about something completely egregious, they have every excuse in the book to cover their tail. It's disgusting. My prayers are with you and your family.

Cassie,
I've been in the same boat as you... making cookies, caramel corn, all kinds of goodies for others and then trying to keep it all out of my mouth. So far, only the cookie dough was tempting, but if I don't clear my counters soon of all of the fall treats, there's no telling what may happen!! We have a Fall Harvest Dinner at church this weekend which is known for the most incredible, home-cooked buffet that you've ever seen. Think Thanksgiving x 10! I usually give myself a "one meal pass" for that day each year because the ability to cook those old-fashioned, farm-fresh favorites is really a dying art. They also have pies, cakes and other things to take home.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, welcome back!

Judi, Sorry to hear about that. Thankfully the emergency operation is a success. It sickens me that stuff like this happens and what makes it worse is when they have the nerve to send out a bill for the extended hospital stay and extra surgery. I think you should buy them a cocktail... a molotov cocktail!

Quinniepoo, I'm sticking with my 7-9 prediction for the season on the Saints. They have crazy people here that believe they are going to go 13-3. hahahaha!! What's your prediction? Maybe we should make a friendly little wager...
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Quinniepoo, I'm sticking with my 7-9 prediction for the season on the Saints. They have crazy people here that believe they are going to go 13-3. hahahaha!! What's your prediction? Maybe we should make a friendly little wager...
I just looked at their schedule and I think you may be a little hard on them. lol I'm thinking maybe more like 9-7 or 10-6, something like that. It's hard to figure out with Payton and Vilma sidelined. Both Brees and Rodgers looked really unexpectedly sloppy last week. The Saints were first last season in points per game and Brees is healthy. Watch the injury reports for the next few games... that will tell you which direction they are heading.

It's hard to look out too far until you see who gets knocked out in the first few games. I'm confident that the Pack will win over 'da Bears and that the Saints will win handily over the Panthers. So, we should be happier campers this week. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the game tonight because it's not being carried on regular cable around here!!! REALLY?? I guess we could go to a sports bar or something, but that's not really my thing. (I have to be in my "lucky" chair! lol)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I just looked at their schedule and I think you may be a little hard on them. lol I'm thinking maybe more like 9-7 or 10-6, something like that. It's hard to figure out with Payton and Vilma sidelined. Both Brees and Rodgers looked really unexpectedly sloppy last week. The Saints were first last season in points per game and Brees is healthy. Watch the injury reports for the next few games... that will tell you which direction they are heading.

It's hard to look out too far until you see who gets knocked out in the first few games. I'm confident that the Pack will win over 'da Bears and that the Saints will win handily over the Panthers. So, we should be happier campers this week. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the game tonight because it's not being carried on regular cable around here!!! REALLY?? I guess we could go to a sports bar or something, but that's not really my thing. (I have to be in my "lucky" chair! lol)
I guess I should have looked at their schedule before I made my prediction. I'll still stick with it, we'll see out I came up at the end of the season. Take your chair with you!!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
1. Log everythingyes, yes, yes, yes
2. Drink 7 glasses of waterNO
3. Stay within carb limityes,yes,no,yes
4. Exercise at least 30 mins 5x20mins--none today
5. Be gentle with myself. Know it's going to be an emotional week and just go with the flow. And as an aside not to take it out on other people!!
6. Be grateful for what I have (wonderful friends, a family that loves me and the most adorable niece)big YES
7. Tidy bedroom!!!almost there

kitchen is sparkling, downstairs is vacuumed--tomorrow clean powder room
The possibility of someone coming in (friend and I are going out for the day on Sat) is good incentive to clean
Old 09-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Goals for the week
1. Log everythingyes, yes, yes, yes
2. Drink 7 glasses of waterNO
3. Stay within carb limityes,yes,no,yes
4. Exercise at least 30 mins 5x20mins--none today
5. Be gentle with myself. Know it's going to be an emotional week and just go with the flow. And as an aside not to take it out on other people!!
6. Be grateful for what I have (wonderful friends, a family that loves me and the most adorable niece)big YES
7. Tidy bedroom!!!almost there

kitchen is sparkling, downstairs is vacuumed--tomorrow clean powder room
The possibility of someone coming in (friend and I are going out for the day on Sat) is good incentive to clean
good job so far this week! Now go drink some water.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Just had to tell y'all about this amusing little episode this morning at my house:

I have banned my elementary school aged grandkids from playing any computer games before school (except educational games) or watching any cartoons or TV shows that contain violence at my house at all. This morning my eight year old grandson is here without his sister because she has an appointment. I heard what sounded like fighting cartoons on the TV and saw it was an episode of Pokemon and told him to turn off the TV. I reminded him "You are not allowed to watch fighting cartoons at my house." His reply was: "There isn't any fighting on Pokemon. They do BATTLES."

I Googled "Pokemon weaponry" and found listed: bazookas, sub-machine guns, handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, bombs and missles, tanks, rocket launchers, lasers, swords, and biological weapons, hitting with rocks and hammers.

But there's no fighting. Now do I really look that stupid? LOL

Last edited by Mern; 09-14-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, that is hysterical! Never challenge a grandma with internet savvy .

Thursday turned crazy, as it usually does. I didn't get home from work till 7 but fortunately on Wed. night, hubby was out to dinner with folks visiting town at his job and they went to dinner at an Italian family-style place. Since he was the local one and the others were in a hotel, he brought home four big paper bags worth of food, so I didn't have to cook! In fact, I probably don't have to think about what to fix until Monday or Tuesday, lol! The downside is that I have no idea how to log the stuff I ate. I was careful with portion sizes and stayed away from the cheesy stuff, but I don't have the time to research a guess, so I'll take a mulligan for yesterday and just assume I did ok. We did get in our half-hour run (at 9 PM ), so that was good, plus I burned several calories dancing around my office when the Orioles won yesterday !

Is everybody ready for the weekend?!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Ha Ha Mern--oh boys have all the answers don't they.
Thanks Mike I went and had one as soon as I saw your post :P

One of my goals was to be thankful and I am so thankful for this site. Emailed a friend of mine last night who was very supportive of my goal to lose weight--she is trying too. Didn't get much of a response from her. I think I'm boring her with my updates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.