Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/10/2012

Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I do plan on giving blood this week. I wanted to do it today but I have to workout today. The flag wasn't enough and the helmet, well... that was just an excuse to buy a really cool helmet.

Originally Posted by k-cano
New to the group. Struggling big time with eating sweets.
This last weekend we flew kite on the beach and when for a bike ride. A lot more active than usual. Of course it flared up hip bursitis and low back pain.
This week I want to focus on:
Logging daily
8 glasses water
2 fruits 2 veggies
journal
Welcome aboard.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Well, didn't feel much like eating today, and the numbers reflect that. mostly carbs (potatoes and a banana), kept busy in the kitchen and the garden.

Calories: 696 Fats: 14.8 Carbs: 102.1 Proteins: 42.5

With the kindergarten schedule, I start the afternoon route about noon - I just don't feel like eating lunch that early, so I usually grab an avocado or a spoonful of peanut butter. Today, wasn't hungry for breakfast or lunch, and not too enthusiastic about making a major dinner. A banana, chicken thigh, a few baby taters - I did have a protein bar, though. This week is the last for that early dismissal for the kinderkids, so hope to get on a more 'normal' routine for meals.

Goodness, it is quiet around here.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - kudos on the desire to give blood - we know you'll get there - you're that kinda guy!

Tough one for me today - remembering that day, looking up in the sky to see no airplanes for days afterwards, watching the television with my boys for hours, the fear, the helplessness...heart-breaking... With my emotions on high-alert lately, it didn't take much for tears to start in memory of the horror.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

It is quiet! Glad to see you, Judi. Been hoping things are going okay for you.

How did salsa day go?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

So, today was an interesting day. Woke up at 6:30 with my eyes swollen shut, bright red and itchy with some sort of allergic reaction to something which developed during the night. Went back over my food log and there was nothing new. Same make-up, same soap, same laundry detergent... I have no idea. Had no Benadryl in the house, so I just used cold compresses. Most of it is gone tonight with the exception of some red, itchy, eczema-like patches on my cheeks.

But, like a trooper, I did give 10 grills for my windows 2 coats of paint, (I wasn't presentable to leave the house anyway! lol) washed windows, baked cookies and made care packages to send to the girls at school and made one heck of a dinner. It's amazing what you can get done when you can't leave the house! Also had to pick up one of our vehicles at the garage (power window stuck) but, luckily, the mechanic is a friend of ours and thought I looked "cute" with my eye lids the size of ping pong balls. God love him.

Already planning my "To Do List" for tomorrow. Hopefully, the swelling will all be gone and I won't scare small children. lol

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small. Yes, Yes
2. Calories under 1100. 1210, 1068
3. NO breads, cheese or deep-fried ANYTHING!!! A little mozzarella, one slice bread and a little cheese.
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. 3, 3
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. lol Yes, Yes
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

I have had two steroid injections. The 2nd one has lasted much longer than the first one. All I can do now is my stretches. I am going to physical therapy for my back in a week.
update:
7 glasses water
logged everything I ate today
Had a huge salad with veggies for dinner
Didn't get in my fruit today
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Judi, I'm sorry you had a rough day today. Tomorrow is a new one.

Cassie, salsa? Yes please, pass the tortilla chips as well. Thanks.

Quinniepoo, I bet you looked as cute as a bug... I big ole swollen eye bug, but still cute. Your a 10 in my book.

K-Cano, I feel your pain, literally.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I think you'll kick that 3.5 pound gain in the ass!

Tori, where you is?
*be
Old 09-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Check in, then bed:

1. Calorie limit 1200. 806, 1197 (whew!)
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 89, 69 (counting it)
4. Sleep 7 hours. 7, 7
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 2 hours, 30 min
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 5, 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
8. Eat clean. Yes, Pretty good
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes
Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, sorry to hear about your eyes but you are some sort of warrior doing that much work--go quinn go!!
K-cano ugh that sounds painful.

Have appointment at Diabetes Education Centre today. Good to get feedback and be able to ask questions. Did lots of cleaning yesterday and journalled (it was all over the place but that's where my mind was).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.