Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/4/2012 Fresh start, everyone!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/4/2012 Fresh start, everyone!

Frenchhen, thanks for explaining those lower case letters. LOL on simply having used a different computer and not hitting the shift key. People can use whatever method they wish in their reports. I just like to know how others are doing it so I can lend support or offer congrats when I can. I use a report method I don't think others use: I use green for a goal met, red for a goal missed, and blue for a value I reached when my goal is an average for the week and I could still come out on target/a green number at the end of the week. You are so gosh darned sweet--thanks so much for your encouragement. I think YOU are inspirational. Inspired by your dedication to your steps goal (my favorite exercise is aerobic walking) I decided to work on changing up my excercise this week according to my doctor's wishes. She thinks my body got too used to my exercise and doesn't want me to do the same exercise more than twice per week. UGH, I don't want to change, but I will because she thinks I need to change things up to help lower my triglycerides closer to normal. Your no excuses attitude proved to be quite valuable to you AND to me! I guess you noticed I did the same thing--would have had a perfect food day a few days ago, except forgetting to add my pre-logged egg substitute to my shake caused me to be just under my protein goal and just over my fat goal. "Birds of a feather flock together."

Goal this week:
Calories minimum 1200
Total fat average 38% of total calories
Saturated fat average 9% of total calories
Cholesterol limit 200mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) limit 25g
Fiber minimum 25g
Protein minimum 120g
Exercise 5 days (no certain exercise more than 2 times per week)
Water 64 oz.
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target
Old 09-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for getting us started off this week, Mern. I know we have a holiday here so as I was debating about today versus tomorrow, I'm glad you took the bull by the horns . A holiday is no excuse for me.

I had a stellar week last week except for yesterday, when I totally fell of the wagon. Not unhealthy stuff; I just ate constantly. However, today is a new day with the same goals.

Hope you all have a wonderful week, whether you're starting today or tomorrow or some other time!

1. Calorie limit 1300.
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines.
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least.
4. Sleep 7 hours.
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Eat clean.
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Well I can't seem to make it through a week anymore, but I'll try again.

calories <1600 -
water >64oz -
protein >20% -
take vitamins -
move -
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

Oh I am so totally trying to hop back on board this week. Between new job and other crazy happenings, I have not found the time to post. I haven't regularly logged food since APRIL (Can you even believe it?! UGH!) but I really need to be back here with all you lovely ladies (and Mike ), it has been far too long. I actually have work today (my students are THRILLED to have classes on Labor Day) so I'm here in my office, working on a goal list!

I know I can't just jump right back on the horse as much as I was before I left, but I am trying to push myself a little bit, so I'm going for more than just one or two goals. I started off the week right; I went to the FAAAAABULOUS gym at my new job and got in 45 minutes on the elliptical (intervals) and walked a mile around the track. I also made a slow-cooked turkey chili recipe for lunches for the majority of the week, because lunch has been a total slipping point for me. So that's a good start!!!!

For those of you who have no idea who this crazy lady is: Hi! I'm Terri. I'm 29 and I am an assistant professor at a liberal arts college with a Ph.D. in Neuroscience. JUST starting this new job here so I'm super-excited. Been with my guy for about 7 years now.

ALSO NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG LOOK AT MY BLING

Yes, dear boyfriend has become dear fiance! (Holy crap!) He proposed last Sunday I am still getting used to the sparkly thing on my finger. But I love it and I love him and life is fabulous!

Okay okay okay... goals!

1) Log everything. Just log it.
2) Report daily calories, good, bad, or ugly
3) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily
4) Work out at least twice more this week and report type, duration
5) Weigh in Monday and Friday. M: 164.9

So it seems like since April I've gained about 8 lbs., which isn't awful considering I was completely off-script. I am also sore today from my workout yesterday and have TOTM, so I'm hoping to see a nice drop on Friday to motivate me (even if it's a little fake, haha)

Love you ladies <3

~Terri
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, Terri! Wishing you and DF (dear fiance-yeah, holy crap! ) a lifetime of happiness! I'm just thrilled for ya! Huge cyberhug to ya! Any idea for a wedding date yet? Nice goals--just ease back into your eating and lifestyle goals--don't know why I'm telling you that. You know what to do and how to do it. Once you get back into the swing of things, that little regain will probably melt away quite easily. Hey--love ya back!

Nobe, don't be down on yourself for not having a perfect week on the wagon last week--few of us achieve that. You deserve credit for each and every success in food and fitness as well as any life goals. Kudos for you for posting again this week--the only failure is giving up. Big hug to ya.

Cassie, six days out of seven as stellar makes the entire week a stellar achievement in my book. Good for you for eating healthful food yesterday even if it was constantly Nice goals for this week.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I forgot to say how beautiful your ring is! So glad you shared that picture. I'll bet you have the prettiest finger on campus! I'd be waving my hands around a lot if I were you.
As I was sitting eating dinner tonight I was thinking about how my husband proposed to me at the dinner table while chewing on a pork chop. I hope your DF was a bit more romantic than that. How'd he ask you?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, Congrats, girl! I second Mern...best wishes for a happy life together! I'm very excited for you and all the positive changes happening

So glad you're back; looking forward to having you along on the wagon !

What part of the country did you land in?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you!

Who posted that she plans and logs her foods the day/night before? Sorry I forgot who it was But I want to thank her for such a valuable tip!

That tip has been saving me from cheating while learning my new way of eating:
-- Yesterday I adapted a recipe for a yellow squash bread for DH and made some changes to lower the carbs and fat. Before I ate anything at all I pre-logged 1/2 a slice of it so I could taste for myself how well (or not) my adaption worked. I came in well at the end of the day.
--It was so yummy that I wanted to enjoy some again today so yesterday I pre-logged about 3/4 a slice for today and planned a whole nutritious menu around it.
--I've been craving tuna casserole, so pre-logged for tomorrow a serving of it made with Dreamfields pasta (low digestible carb), jarred roasted red pepper sauce and broccoli instead of peas. DH gets buttered cracker crumb topping and my half of the casserole has no topping.
--Wednesday we are going to Chick-Fil-A for a fundraiser where the charity will get a certain percentage of total sales. I pre-logged a Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad and am going to a produce market tomorrow where I can buy that Walden Farms zero cal, zero fat, zero carb salad dressing and will tote it with me since I couldn't find any Chick-Fil-A dressing or any in my fridge that wouldn't knock me off target. I will plan the rest of that day's menu to come in on target, too.

Not saying I'll never cheat again, but that tip and Cassie's tip about being flexible are now helping me keep from feeling hungry and/or deprived on my new diet.

Virtually everyone here has given me some sort of personal, helpful advice at one time or another. I am truly grateful to each and every one of you.

Last edited by Mern; 09-03-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: clarification of what I meant
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, Mern; it is a very valuable tool to pre-log. I don't usually do the night before, but I do tend to put dinner in first thing in the morning, so I can plan the rest of the macros with my other meals and snacks to get things to balance out. Your plan sounds like you'll be able to head off any deviations, so enjoy!

Yes, Terri, lets have some deets about the proposal, and any thoughts about dates, dresses, etc.? And how do you like the new job?

nobe, I can't seem to get through a week anymore, either, but at least last week was better than it's been...I only screwed up one day . So you and I will do it this week, ok?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, the pre-posting idea came from me. I'm glad it works for you. It helps me a ton.

Ok, I feel like I'm in the middle of a stress tornado. Like there's not a single thing in my life that is not going crazy, and its making me crazy. So, last week I completely abandoned my good eating and exercise habits, because it was too much for me to concentrate on. I gained 1 lb, but more importantly, it taught me something. Instead of taking one more thing off my mind so I don't get overwhelmed by the craziness, not eating right and exercising made me feel less capable of handling the craziness. I can't control most of the things in my life right now, but my eating and exercise I can control, and that makes me feel better. Lesson learned. Here are my goals for this week. I'm giving myself a sort of pass on exercise (aiming for 3 instead of 2) because its TOTM, and I don't feel good. Haha. I have found that when I need a break, like this week, its easier for me to just cut myself a little slack within a healthy range than to just give up entirely for the week. I don't feel as bad about that.

Stay in calorie limits.
Exercise 3 days.
Keep carbs @ or under 33%.
Sleep 7 hours a night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.