Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/4/2012 Fresh start, everyone! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/4/2012 Fresh start, everyone!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/4/2012 Fresh start, everyone!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie and Mern, thanks very much for the congrats! We're totally over the moon. The ring is lovely and extremely sparkly, which doesn't really come across in the picture. I'm just focusing on not losing it, lol!

Wedding date plans: No firm date yet. We are aiming for next August (August 2013). My fiance's brother, who lives in Australia, will be in the States next August because his best friend is ALSO getting married, so if we can aim for that month, that means my fiance gets to have his brother be his best man. They're really close and it would mean the world to my fiance, so we're going to try to do it. I'm sure we'll set a date soon-ish; gotta find a venue first!

We're going to aim for marrying in Western Massachusetts; it's in the middle of all of our families (MA, CT and NY) and most friends are on the East Coast too. Still looking at potential venues; western MA in the summertime isn't super-cheap and we're trying to keep the cost reasonable, so we'll just see. As soon as we set a date I'll be sure to let everyone know

How he did it: We're pretty low-key, but DF did make a sweet proposal. We had been planning a date night -- my parents had been here to visit for a week, so it was after they left for some 'us' time. (Little did I know that while they were here, he had spoken to them about the proposal). That day (it was a Sunday) he said 'Hey, why don't we get dressed up nice for date night' and he cooked a nice Italian dinner himself, gnocchi with a alfredo sauce from scratch, nice crusty bread, and a big 'ol salad. Alfredo sauce and gnocchi aren't the healthiest, but it was DELICIOUS. And he lit some candles and put on our favorite music, and it was just a really lovely night in. We chatted about this and that, enjoyed each others' company, and then right as we were finishing dinner he just said some really sweet things (that's personal ) and got right down on one knee and asked me. I didn't even look at the ring!!! I was totally surprised, I started crying, which I didn't expect. We've been together for so long that I didn't think it'd come across as a big deal when he proposed, but it was simple and sweet, and then we danced

Dress: No dress yet!!!!! Heck, I have no idea what sort of dress I want, lol! But I do know I want the size to be as small as I can feasibly do in a year! I am a fairly hourglass-y shape, so anything that looks good on me like that. I doubt I'd want a princess style dress or anything super-slinky, but I probably won't know until I've got it on. I tend to be fairly traditional/classic with a hint of vintage in my style.

New job: Love love love love love love love my new job!!! I haven't been in such a happy place career-wise in about four years. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing, but the only way to learn how to teach IS to teach and make mistakes and try to do better next time. As long as the students understand something, I'm doing okay. It's okay if I look like an idiot as long as they get it!

New job is in Indiana, small midwestern town currently plagued with drought, unfortunately. The school has about 900 students so it's definitely small, but it's got a HUGE endowment >.> so there's money to do research when I need to and take trips and get good stuff for classes, so that's good too.

Seriously, I'm so happy and content. Now I just need to get this weight off!

WE CAN DO IT THIS WEEK GUYS!!!! Mern, sounds like you've got a new routine that's coming along. Cassie and nobe, one day at a time! Kayla, girl it sounds like you're on the right track for sure, sometimes we just have to try things and learn those lessons about what's important to us to really make it stick!!!! GO TEAM GO!

<3

~Terri
Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Monday Report

1) Log everything. Just log it. M: yes
2) Report daily calories, good, bad, or ugly M: 1,581
3) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily M: Working on last bottle right now!
4) Work out at least twice more this week and report type, duration M: No
5) Weigh in Monday and Friday. M: 164.9
Old 09-03-2012, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

I am suppose to be making goals for Mike and myself, but for the life of me, I'm just not in it this week. My head is in a total negative space in general, and weight loss goals on top of negativity just do not go hand and hand. So, I'll make health goals for Mike not sure about myself right now. I'm maintaining well, so I'll probably just focus on not gaining. I can't tell you the last time I logged a full day. It has to be at least a month. I've gotten completely burned out with it, and I'm not sure how to get back with it. All that being said....

GOALS

MIKE
1: fix door on shed
2: work on TPM as much as possible
3: gallon of water a day
4: gym at least once
5: all vitamins

TORI
1: cry as little as possible
2: don't take it out on WHN, he's just as miserable as I am
3: keep up with paperwork

That's about it....

Terri--congrats girl!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Terri...fun times! Enjoy every second. You are going to be such a beautiful bride!

Kayla, very wise observation you have there. Do what you can to take care of yourself; the rest will fall into place.

Tori, you too; give it time, it will fall back in line. Maintaining is an art itself, especially during stressful times.

Today I was a bit under the weather. I woke up with a headache and a stomachache and felt like a dishrag all day. I'm giving myself a *pass on some of my goals as a result. My macros are way off, since I pretty much ate soup, crackers, toast, sorbet, some leftover cornbread and a biscuit...it was a carb bonanza today. Thanks to Mern and her reminder about balance, I gave myself permission to do that today and will try to compensate over the rest of the week. Hopefully tomorrow I will have enough energy to get some sort of exercise in.

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1204
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. *Not so much
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. *6 in the bed, but 1-2 on the couch today
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. *Nothing today
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. *1
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Eat clean. *Fair
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes
Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Stay in calorie limits. Yes, 729.
Exercise 3 days. M-Y.
Keep carbs @ or under 33%. 33%
Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes.

It was a good Monday, I had an awesome day at work, got a lot of studying done, played with Norah, worked out, ate good stuff. Good, good Monday.

I haven't really read through the posts, I'll check in with everyone tomorrow. Love you guys!!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Terri! How exciting for you! Enjoy and have fun planning the wedding

Well I was able to do a three mile run instead of four since the humidity was horrible today. But I ran it straight without stopping so even though its a slow 10-min per mile pace, I am still proud of myself. Doing at 10K the first week of November so I'll get up to 6 miles in no time.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend and let's start off this week strong! Here's a pic of the new little guy Ryan....even though he's mine, I still think he is too cute! Can't believe he is 8 weeks old already!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Terri, that's so exciting!
OMG Ann what a cutie!! My niece is 10 weeks old and she has the chubbiest cheeks and the biggest brown eyes. Auntie Jenn might be a little biased but she is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen
Don't be too hard on yourself Cassie. I'm finally feeling better but I know I don't have energy to exercise.

So...goals for the week
1. Drink 64oz of water
2. Keep carbs and protein levels in check
3. De-clutter!!
4. Clean downstairs

Jenn
Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back and really in the mood to dig in, get healthy and in shape. So many life-changing events going on on this thread!! New babies, wedding plans and ME! I'M OFFICIALLY AN EMPTY-NESTER!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! I've waited 30 years for this day and it's finally here! Now I have absolutely no excuse not to focus on my own health needs.

My life has been beyond crazy this summer. More things happening than I can possibly get into here. But, the good news is that everything is fine, wonderful and peaceful. Daughter is safely and happily tucked into her dorm with an incredible roommate that I absolutely love. Had the girls here over the long weekend and, although it was bitter-sweet, they wanted to get back to their "new home" and we were ready for them to go. I guess that means that the transition was made successfully.

Haven't been able to catch up on the posts for the past couple of weeks so forgive me if I'm a little "out of touch". I've been on the road a great deal over the past month and I can tell by my clothes that I have gained. Not ready to get on the scale quite yet... maybe Friday. lol I do, however, have a renewed spirit to be healthy and active; something which I've been too worn out to concentrate on for the better part of the last year. I am setting a goal for myself to be back at my "low weight" for my backpacking trip in about 8 weeks.

TERRI! CONGRATULATIONS!! What a GORGEOUS ring!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Welcome to the mid-west!

Ann, Your little guy is absolutely adorable! Before you know it, he'll be asking for your car keys!!

On to my goals:

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small.
2. Calories under 1100.
3. NO breads, cheese or deep-fried ANYTHING!!!
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones.
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. lol
Old 09-04-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, everyone, I'm back from the wilds of Vermont. I had a really good time, no computer/TV/electronics...Called home only twice, boys didn't burn down the house or annoy the neighbors, so that's all good. S2BX showed up twice to get some things done and (I guess)check on the kids. I didn't keep track of my food intake, but I must have done something right, since the scale went down again. I had a slice of pizza for the first time in 2 months, and it was enough (delish!), with a small salad. Other than that and some wine, I kept the carbs fairly low, and kept the proteins up during the weekend.

As far as goals for the week, I don't think I'll be too specific this week - emotions are at a point where tears or maniacal laughter could erupt at any time...either way, not good. I will keep the vitamins/supplements going daily, and keep on journaling both food and life. That much I know I can do.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

On the run and will try to catch up later.

OMG, Ann! Ryan is absolutely adorable!

Cassie and anyone else ailing, feel better soon.

Monday Report:

Calories minimum 1200 1317
Total fat average 38% of total calories 38%
Saturated fat average 9% of total calories 7%
Cholesterol limit 200mg 158mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) limit 25g calling it green at 25.1g
Fiber minimum 25g 47g
Protein minimum 120g 145g
Exercise 5 days (no certain exercise more than 2 times per week)
--seniors cardio circuit
Water 64 oz. YES
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements YES
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target
--Boca vegetarian burger patty and small protein shake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.