Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Done1) Update y'all daily (if possible) of the storm
Done2) Don't let the wind take away my camera as I film the hurricane
[was]3) Get yard cleaned up after storm passes
3) fix/rebuild gate
3) fix/rebuild door on shed
4) Start putting my bike back together (unless parts are delayed)

I can say that even though I was called a dumbass for not evacuating, I'm glad I stayed. It gave this dumbass an opportunity to keep my house from flooding. More importantly, if gave this dumbass the opportunity to prove to the jackass that once again... I was right!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM
FitDay Member

Mern Thanks for the words of wisdom I too am the easy target sometimes but I love the ladies group I lead and my role in kids ministry(especially since my babies are grown up) so I just don’t know if I could give them up. I used to be able to balance all of it I just need work to find an even keel, I had to rehire and retrain 90% of the team I inherited and they are great and on the cusp of not needing me as much so hopefully 45hr weeks are just around the corner as I said to Cassie I really need to plan better. I am excited by the inches lost but I seem to have an unhealthy addiction to my scale,lol.

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=3.1k,T=0, W=0, T=3.9k, F=0
Exercise 2 days: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=Y, F=N
Squats 4 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T=Y, F=N
Ab work 4 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T=Y, F=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1255, T=1249, W=973, T=1066, F=1150
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-756, T=-683, W=-988, T=-1057, F=-803
No sugar: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Why am I still away?

Here's the video from the storm. Around the 3 minute mark, you can see the wind starts to pick up and it gets worse.
Hurricane Isaac Timelapse HD - YouTube
Old 09-01-2012, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, that's the cool thing about your profession. It can be of such great help in just about every phase of life. Kudos on lunching with a friend and having such a great day to report! You are such an inspiration!

Mike, I'm so glad you are safe, your house is almost back to normal and that your power is back on. Thanks for sharing the video. How's your bro's house now?

Darlene, thanks for your reply--not that you owe me an explanation, but I care... Good to know you will get some relief of stress when your team will soon not need your direction as much. I hope you can use some of the work hour decrease as "me time," too. Big hug to ya!

After spending eight days trying to apply the Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet to my eating lifestyle, I've decided I that in view of my carb restrictions, having a hard time getting up to 1200 calories and Doc's concern (not MY concern) about my protein intake being more than I need, I have decided I will increase my total fat limit to 38%. That's still a vast improvement over my 48% fat average the past 15 months--during which time I reduced my cholesterol 19 points to normal.

Weekend goals:

Calories minimum 1200
Total fat average 38% of total calories
Saturated fat average 9% of total calories
Cholesterol limit 200mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) limit 25g
Fiber minimum 25g
Protein minimum 120g
Exercise Saturday and Sunday
Water 64 oz.
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Well the scale finally moved this morning. One pound lost from this week. So happy about that. Had a great workout at the gym yesterday and will be trying to do a 4 mile run tomorrow...although I don't think I will be able to run the entire thing. If I can get the first three miles in without stopping, I will be happy with that. Hope you are all having a good weekend and glad your house is ok Mike!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Ann, congrats on your scale moving and on your great gym workout. Best wishes on the run tomorrow. Can't wait to read about how that went for you.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Bootcamp results

Hi everyone
Ok so today was a hard workout but its just what i needed to help me refocus and get back on track. I just kept telling myself..."come on i want this fat to go"
First the bad- ive gained 2.5lb in these last 2 weeks off plan but that wasnt a shock.
Now the better part.....
Ive lost 9.5lbs in the 12 weeks and 12 inches altogether. That was such a surprise and i felt like jumping up and down- infact i think i might have done!
Lost 1.5 inch from bust
Lost 5 inch from my waist!!!
Lost 3 inch from my hips
Lost 2.5 inch from my widest part.

Body fat was 36.8% now 34.4%
Body water was 45% now 47%
Muscle mass was 58.6% now 61.2%

Now im ready to try and be more consistent week to week and remember how good i feel getting good results when i feel a famous binge coming on.
Happy Saturday evening x
Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

That is great news, Tracey! Take that motivation and run with it .

Mern, good thinking...being able to be flexible and adjust is what it's all about.

Ann, good luck with the four miles. You've come a long way in a short time...your body must remember what to do.

Mike, your vid is way cool. Thanks for posting it. Hope cleanup is going well.

I'm at my in-laws today and tomorrow. My MIL baked a concoction that is brownie on the bottom and chocolate chip cookie bar on the top. *headdesk* Plus I also brought a lemon cake for hubby's belate birthday .

And we're going for pizza for dinner. Today's numbers should be interesting.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, congratulations on such a wonderful achievement!

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement. I remember a comment you made to me another time I was struggling: "it's all about averages." Well, enjoy the treats at MIL's and the pizza, too. You'll balance it all out in the days to come, especially with how well you've been exercising.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ladies, sorry I've been MIA today. I've been busy. I started the gate and I'm still waiting on the concrete to set. I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

I did get in the exhaust for the bike and I must say WOW it is awesome. I gave Tori a couple options and she picked it because she thought that it looked the best. I have to say, it looks damn good. I shipped off the computer (brain) for the bike so I can't start it yet, I can't wait to hear it! I'll post up pics tomorrow. I'm about to chill, I had a rough day.

It's crazy how little you eat when your busy. While I was cooped up and ate more snacks than any person ever should. Today I barely eat, but that's about to change. Supper is in the oven.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.