Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

We are starting to feel the effects of the hurricane.

We still have power, we have had pretty good winds and light rain.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - Yeah, posting the pix on the fridge door could help with the mindless visits - boredom is the worst for grazing. And, yes, the differences in your pix are amazing! Just be careful out there during the worst of it. Hope you don't lose power!

Well, *he* was supposed to be here tonight to continue working on the tiles, but blew me off. (Mike - help me come up with a clever reference for him)

So, I enjoyed a favorite dinner alone (kids went to $5 movie nite) - and ate it all myself! Tomatoes from the garden, cut up with cucumbers, tossed with a bit of salt, balsamic vinegar, garlic slices sauteed in olive oil - I allow that to sit and let the juices develop at the bottom of the bowl. Meanwhile, I toasted 3 ounces of REALLY good italian bread, rubbed a clove of garlic onto each one, then cut them into chunks. These get tossed into the tomato mixture, along with some shredded fresh basil and about an ounce of really good parmesan, cut into wee cubes. Ta-da, panzanella (aka bread salad). Seriously yummy - and I. Enjoyed. It.

I putzed today - my LAST day of summer freedom! I actually spent almost a (gasp) full hour on the hammock! I had company - one of the cats loves to jump up when I'm on it and tries to pick apart the knots in the rope. Tomorrow morning starts the bus route - I haven't figured out what to do about the 5K thing - whether I divide it up on the treadmill, or just take an hour between the routes to get out and walk the hills.

Numbers du jour:
Calories: 1,581 Fats: 99.6 Carbs: 88.6 Proteins: 88.9

Tracey - I know it's hard to be happy about our bodies when we perceive that we have such a long way to go - but GIRL! You've lost an incredible amount of weight already - don't wait to book that day spa trip - I think a day getting waited on and pampered will bring about that "happy" you are waiting for! You are worth it!

Mern - I get what you're saying about the pix and measurements - I still cringe at pictures taken recently, never mind earlier...I can look at certain parts of me at a particular angle and think - not too bad! - but in the cold light of day, sans clothing - well, thank goodness my door locks!

Well, gonna head off to bed shortly - 5:45 comes too danged early! Catch up with you all later!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by judipurple
Well, *he* was supposed to be here tonight to continue working on the tiles, but blew me off. (Mike - help me come up with a clever reference for him)
Ooooohh...what was that one Tori used? SSOBDBMFWBMH???? I can't quite remember. If you use that, it has to be Jr. or The Second, since someone Tori knows deserves the original title.

Gotta clean up the kitchen...back later to chat a bit.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, that sounds about right.

Judi, I can only think of something simple, but you may not like it. I was thinking S2BX for soon to be ex.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

calories <1600 - 1449, 1634
water >64oz - 64oz, 64oz
protein > 20% - 20%, 21%
take vitamins - yes, yes
move - worked 8hrs/walked to and from work, worked 8hrs/walked to and from work
Old 08-28-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Did better today on my new way of eating.

Calorie limit 1500: 1088, 1293
Total fat calories limit 35% of total calories: 41% 33%
Saturated fat limit 8% of total calories: 14%, 9%
Meat, poultry and fish limit 5 oz. per day: YES, YES
Cholesterol under 200mg: 101mg, 189mg
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 23g, 25g
Fiber minimum 25g: 25g, 43g
Protein minimum 120g: 103g, 156g
Exercise 5 days: day off, NO
Water 64 oz.: No, maybe 48 oz.
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements: Half, YES
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target: sugar free chocolate, celery stuffed with reduced fat cheese and olives and half a protein shake

Going to bed early. Will catch up with reading and replying tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers remain with those of you in the gulf states and those of you with life struggles.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Ooooohh...what was that one Tori used? SSOBDBMFWBMH???? I can't quite remember. If you use that, it has to be Jr. or The Second, since someone Tori knows deserves the original title.
I think you missed the GD at the beginning, but everything else looks about right

Sorry I've been MIA, didn't have a good weekend and it's spilled over into the week. Not to mention there is a certain DA who didn't listen to reason, and he's sending me videos of a little "wind storm". And now there's a nice sized hole in the floor at WHN's. There's been, what the landlord called, a "weak spot" near the washer. Well, the "weak spot" is now a lovely hole in the floor. We've (me and WHN's sister) have been trying to get ahold of the landlord for over a week, but he hasn't answered any phone calls. Well, tonight, WHN's niece was going to get her clothes out of the dryer and fell through the floor. She's all of 5'2", 85 lbs. She's a TINY little thing, and she fell through the floor. Tells me that the "weak spot" was basically tile over a hole And then as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a thump, and noticed the washer had sunk a little. We shimmied the washer out of it's home and then WHN's sister fell through the floor too. The landlord finally answered the phone tonight and is supposed to come out some time tomorrow. Looks like, on top of finding a job when he gets home, WHN and I are going to be house or apartment hunting too. When it rains, it pours......
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
there is a certain DA who didn't listen to reason, and he's sending me videos of a little "wind storm".
Well, I guess if he is sending you vids, he is not dead. I've been checking FD and FB and the morgue (ok, just kidding about that last one) to see if he's posted anything since landfall, but nada!

Sorry about your house problems! I hope nobody was hurt! But how fun will it be to go look for a place together ??
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies and Mike. I'm checking in, even though I don't want to. Today was a total wash. Absolutely ridiculous. Dairy Queen was involved, need I say more? I think not. Anyway, that just means I can't cheat Sunday. I'm totally broke anyway, so I can't afford unhealthy food. Oh well, it will be better tomorrow. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

hole in the floor....we put rugs over it to keep critters from coming in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hole1.jpg (33.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg
hole.jpg (33.2 KB, 9 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.