Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I am in SETX, hoping to get a little storm action. Where are you at?
Old 08-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quick check in; I'm...wait for it...going to bed early tonight!

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Eat clean. Fair
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes

Hope you all had a good day, or at least got through it without hitting and biting. See you all tomorrow .
Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Mike, I am in SETX, hoping to get a little storm action. Where are you at?
I'm in Slidell (the green star). Just north of New Orleans.

I will get hit but the storm looks to be weak and not very structured. There's a lot of dry air surrounding the east side of it that's keeping it from gaining much strength. We should get some nasty weather late Tuesday/early Wednesday but I'm thinking it won't be too bad. It looks like you should be in the clear.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all! Overall I had a pretty good day, I didn't meet my bedtime goal, but I'm giving myself a bit of a pass on that. Here are my numbers.

Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 683.
Keep carbs at or under 33%. Yes, 33%
Drink lots of water. Yes.
In bed by 10:30. No.
4 Workouts. M-Y.

Mike, stay safe! You're right, it doesn't look like it will be a bad one at all. We should be fine, at the most maybe we'll get some rain from it.

Ann, glad you had a good birthday, and I'm proud of you for getting up at working out even though you felt bad.

Tracey, stick with it girl! I know you can turn it around.

Ok, goodnight everyone! I will see you all tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone I hope everyone near the storm is safe. Have a great night all!

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=3.1k
Exercise 2 days: M=N
Squats 4 days: M=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1255
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-756
No sugar: M=N
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default I'll try to do my updates with music

It's 4:15 and the storm is still just a tropical storm. Outside is calm and there's no rain.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Good attitude Mike - but we're still gonna keep you in prayer!

Sounds like this thread's gonna be a good one this week! Lotsa positive energies! C'mon, people - let's keep it going!

Good walk yesterday - have added about another 3/4 mile to the total, and although the sprinting is down to about 3 times, I only sprint UP hill. And lemme tell you - I feel it - I am gasping and wicked winded. The recovery takes longer, but I think I'm doing more. The waist is down to 34" - from 38" the beginning of July! So I guess something's working .

Numbers:
Calories: 1,522 Fats: 81.8 Carbs: 76.5 Proteins: 121.6

I have been keeping track of the above numbers in a document on my desktop - as well as any changes (downward) in the waist and the scale. It heartens me to see the "big" picture at once, realizing that the changes are happening, and that overall I am keeping the numbers on track.

Well, tomorrow I start work again - I'll be putting in more hours when I can, and hope to be able to sock some away. My girlfriends and I have a dream vacation in mind - to Sedona AZ for a long weekend or a full week. We don't have a time frame as to when, but it gives me something to look forward to,to save and plan for.

sedona.jpg

....sigh.... aaahhh, the potential photo ops!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Monday report is not very good. I got busy with computer and family committments and didn't stick to my goals. After I posted about logging sugar free chocolate in advance often keeps me from eating it, I caved anyway and traded my protein shake for the chocolate--which is what drove my fat too high. Today is a fresh start.

Calorie limit 1500: 1088
Total fat calories limit 35% of total calories: 41%
Saturated fat limit 8% of total calories: 14%
Meat, poultry and fish limit 5 oz. per day: YES
Cholesterol under 200mg: 101mg
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 23g
Fiber minimum 25g: 25g
Protein minimum 120g: 103g
Exercise 5 days: day off
Water 64 oz.: No
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements: Half
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target: sugar free chocolate

Last edited by Mern; 08-28-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, Cassie, and Kayla! Wonderful Monday reports!

Cassie, I didn't hit or bite anyone yesterday.

Darlene, hi and big hug to ya!

Mike and Kayla, wishing you safety and no damage.

Judi, thanks for your cheering for our group. I'm going to make today a way better day than yesterday. Kudos on your exercise and shrinking waist! Your hard work on diet and exercise are really paying off! You'll be looking great when that Sedona vacation rolls around.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe: I love your “MOVE” statement! A body in motion stays in motion...

Dar n: Restaurants scare the life out of me when I am on a strict “LOG ALL FOOD” mode. I am eager to hear how you did. Hopefully I can learn from you.

Ama: Keep that “jump bag” handy... it’s a comfort.

Jenn: Make sure you are hydrating, vertigo is not pleasant and from what I hear dehydration can make the symptoms a little worse.

Mern: Don’t sell yourself short, sounds like you know A LOT about computers if you were able to figure THAT out!

Mike: BE CAREFUL!!!

Tracey: Re-visit your progress. I find that carries me through the plateaus and pitfalls of this weight loss-maintain-gain-loss-maintain-life that we are going through. Those old log-ins and measurements really keep me motivated when the motivation is waning.

Judi: Congrats on your progress! One measurement that I wished I would have started tracking earlier is the “High Bust” measurement. (Sorry Mike)(which is right under the arms across the chest) I didn’t start measuring that until I was down about 20 pounds... but even then, I lost the most inches there! With your waist measurement under 35 inches, each inch from now further reduces your risk of heart disease.

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly. M,
Walk at least 10000 steps a day. 14,652
Take supplements. M
Drink 64 oz of water daily. M
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day. M

I've got to be honest with ME!

So here was my dose of honesty for Monday: My dog recently went to the vet and now has to take a supplement and an antibiotic for a month. I set a timer on my watch and mark his little pills and supplements so that I don’t forget to give it to him and administer them on time to the letter, etc. Do I do that for myself? Do I take my health and well being as seriously as I do his?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.