Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, glad your plugged in for now. How's your brother's house?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
Sorry I have been MIA this week, I'm trying to get ahead in my studies so I don't have to worry when I go away next week. WOO HOO! 6 day grown up only holiday with all the girls I am so excited! I leave on Thursday morning.

So this week started well, but the last 5 days the scales have been rock solid, my calories have been too high to lose weight though at least I am not gaining. I told myself I was just having a little break and maintaining for a few days which is fine, then I ate a schnitzel sandwich, 2 potato cakes, a large piece of battered deep fried fish, a dim sim, and a huge chocolate bar yesterday. :-o Time for me to reign it back in before it gets out of hand.
So I'm logging and posting today (friday) and over the weekend and for the first half of next week too until I go.

GOALS:

calories- 1350
carbs - 33% max
vegies- 3- 5 serves
fruit - 1-2 serves
Exercise- at least 1 hour in total over the 3 days, I can do that surely?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

This is for all my old school ladies... back when music was music!
YouTube - Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now

The rain is gone! My bros house took on about a foot or so of water downstairs, which is a storage area and his garage. His standby generator took a dump today. I went there to try to fix it but was unsuccessful. I did send Tori a video of me wading through the water. She was actually nice to me and said that between that and digging the trench that I deserved a nap. I think maybe someone was playing with the dosage of her antipsychotic meds because she's not usually that nice.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
She was actually nice to me and said that between that and digging the trench that I deserved a nap. I think maybe someone was playing with the dosage of her antipsychotic meds because she's not usually that nice.
It was your near brush with death. I guess it made her realize she would really miss you if you were gone.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Miss me or miss harassing me?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks so much for your encouragement. Doc unnecessarily apologized for not knowing how to help me adjust my TLC diet goals and said her dietitian is more skilled, but I reminded her how far SHE brought me from pre-diabetic and high cholesterol to normal numbers for both--and LDL is almost normal. I'm just gettng some help from the dietitian and doc and I will take it from there. She assured me the dietitian will be fine with my low carbing at 25g net carbs and will work on helping me achieve at least 1200 calories per day and adjust my total and sat fat targets to something that will work for me. It may be trial and error for a while like Doc and I did for the past 15 months, but hey, we each have to find what works best for us. I told Doc I don't know if it's real or psychological, but since I've been on this trial "best as I can modify it alone" TLC diet for a week I feel better physically--more energy and I noticed I can for the first time in years descend stairs with no pain in my knees. Nice to have a pro here to cyber-analyze Tori's niceness to Mike.

Nichaleh, great job on getting ahead in your studies and curbing the food indulgences. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Great to set those reasonable goals.

Mike, aw, I hope that foot of water doesn't do too much damage to your bro's house. Did he find another solution to the blown generator? I really got the giggles over Tori being nice to you over the video of you wading through the water.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for popping in to let us know you're OK there in Slidell. It looked really scary there on CNN News when they were talking about Lake Pontchartrain spilling over!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene, how are you doing today?

Nicaleh, sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned!

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282, 1264, 1237, 1283
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72, 72, 72, 72
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5, 7.5, <5, 6.5
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min., 30 min, 30 min., 30 min..
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4, 3, 5, 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Eat clean. Fair, Good, Good, Good
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

I really need to go to bed but the women are still playing at the US Open and I have to see how it ends. Definitely need to work on my sleep goal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
insomnia.jpg (25.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-30-2012, 06:04 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie I am hanging in I am struggling with balancing my time, my work days have turned into 10/11 hour days, I have volunteer work 3 days a week and my family and the dog still need my time and then theirs exercise. I really just need to plan better, my calories have been low because I am working through dinner and rushing to my next commitment so its usually 9ish before I am home so to late eat, but this will backfire and I will crash and eat a tub of icecream and quit again. Thanks for listening to me whine, I will get it together posting and tracking is really helping me see my traps.

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=3.1k,T=0, W=0, T=3.9k
Exercise 2 days: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=Y
Squats 4 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1255, T=1249, W=973, T=1066
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-756, T=-683, W=-988, T=-1057
No sugar: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

Calories <1400: M=Y T=N W=N T=1396
Run 5x a week: M=N T=Y W=N T=N
Resistance bands/ strength training 5x a week:M=Y T=N W=N T=Y
9 Glasses of water/other drinks: M=? T=? W=? T=Y

This cold is really getting annoying, I can't go for a run at all and it's throwing my week off. Still, better than usual... normally I eat like a horse when I'm ill, which isn't happening this time. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow and Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.