Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, let me guess... he wants to take it to the stealership? What year is the car? You could probably find a tranny on eBay for next to nothing and pay a few hundred for the install. I guess your hands are tied.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: I really struggle to get enough fat in, actually...I had always been a low fat guru and it never worked for me, so I have to make a conscious effort to get the monos and polyos into my diet. Things work out much better when I have that.

Of course, it's only healthy when I stick to it, which has been erratic for months. And that's why I appreciate you posting your tale, because it makes me realize again that there is a direct relationship between life choices and health. I hope you get some responses to your queries. I'm all for transparency in knowing what's in what we eat, good or bad. The TLC diet has a lot of common sense in it, it seems.

Mike: Nah, not the stealership...we have a service place here we take both of our cars to. His car is a 2003 and it's at 140K; hoping to get 3-4 more years out of it. I'm sure he wouldn't want to wait for eBay; he's in the fix-it-right-damn-now mode.

This is a hill that ticks me off, but that I'm not willing to die on. My solution was to buy my new car now, let him drive the van, and find an old used one for the kid, but that was not well-received .

On the other hand, I've gotten a couple errands done, bread dough is rising, I'm caught up on work, and the house is clean. So, other than the unexpected bank bleed, I'm having a pretty good day.

How about y'all?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen, we all have weeks when our targets are not met. Good plan on the food scale and being honest with yourself.

Cassie, wow, I don't know how you do it on such low fat. Maybe I could eat that low fat if I could have more carbs--or maybe that's faulty reasoning or a cop-out. In any case I think Monday I may wind up allowing myself 40% total fat, 10% of which will be from saturated fat because I don't think I can realistically stick to 25-35% fat with only up to 7% sat fat as a lifestyle. I do agree the TLC diet has a lot of sense in it, but on my second day I find it's really hard for me to juggle those numbers with 25g net carbs and 120g protein and not feel hungry. "...posting my tale" I know you didn't mean it that way but right now my tale seems like a "yeah, right, fiction." LOL I did "email " today the companies that make my Walker Diet Low Carb Protein Shake Mix and Classico Roasted Red Pepper Sauce through their websites to see if they could give me the mono and poly fat content of those products. Although not on the label, I did find the info online for my black soybeans. May send a few more requests tomorrow. Glad you're having a pretty good day. I am, too--but must run now because DH is helping cook dinner and I haven't started my part. Computer is more fun.

Last edited by Mern; 08-25-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

On the other hand, I've gotten a couple errands done, bread dough is rising, I'm caught up on work, and the house is clean. So, other than the unexpected bank bleed, I'm having a pretty good day.

How about y'all?
I cut about 1/3 of my back yard, the rest is so wet and sloppy. I had to do what I did barefoot and I was walking in mud. I hope to have a few dry days so I can finish it.
I went and got some bleach and a deck brush and scrubbed the patio. So that's about it for today.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Goals Week of August 20
Focus on water. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, So far ?
Focus on whole foods. Yes (but had a slice of pizza at work), Yes (but had a slice of pumpkin bread at work), Big Bad NO, No, So far Yes
Limit coffee to 16oz/day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Get to the Gym 2x this week. Tuesday, Thursday
Write down all the things on my mental long-standing “to-do-list.” Wrote down several things.
Complete/start at least one item from my long-standing “to-do-list.” Started my wildfire evacuation plan.
Find the joy in everything in life, even the tough stuff. Trying hard, doing better ,Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Dang - good thing I started that wildfire evac plan a few days ago. We have been smoked out by nearby mountain wildfires for weeks now, which is pretty scary. Just got up from a nap with DS to the sound of multiple aircraft circling overhead. The news reports a grass fire about 1 mile from our house and could grow to quickly in the current conditions, so hot and dry here, and windy... sounds like they are hitting it hard, but who knows... At least I already have the photo albums packed up, and a list of all the essential items to dump in the truck on short notice. And I am too freaked out to eat anything this afternoon (last goal on the list - Finding joy in the tough stuff )

~ Ama
39yo, 5’6”
Maintaining with a Vengeance
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday numbers

Calories ave 1350- 1399,1094, 1231,1657, 1655, 1768
Eat vegies 3-5 serves – yes, yes, yes, yes,no, no
Eat fruit 1 -2 serves- yes, yes if you count cranberry juice?, yes in juice form again,no,yes,no
At least 7 hours of sleep a night – more like 6, not even close maybe 5 I keep waking up for some reason. YES! Finally. yes, yes, yes
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Mike: I mow in my Wellies, I look like a dork, but I don't care what I step in or how muddy it gets!

Amalthea: I will keep you in my prayers, we went through that last summer and fall, always had the "jump bag" in the car and let neighbors know whenever I left the house. Do you have pets you have to evacuate too?
Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone it's late and I didn't catch upon reading everyone's posts I will do it tomorrow but I wanted to log my food and my wine still stayed under 2000 but barely. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Friday, Saturday and Sunday Goals

I got closer to my targets yesterday on my new way of eating to try to reduce my triglycerides without meds. I could have had more carb calories yesterday after reaching my fat limit if I had thought of the zero cholesterol/zero fat egg substitute in my fridge--or if I'd had some low carb fruit or Fat Free yogurt. I went to the store today and got some strawberries and yogurt. I need to make some food adjustments to be able to squeeze in closer to 1500 calories while still meeting my other targets because I'm hungry shortly after eating. I know I do need more protein to help keep me satisfied, especially since I'm limited to 5 oz. meat daily. But I do have some delicious black soybeans, Boca Burgers (vegetarian) and can eat cheese and yogurt if I haven't exceeded my fat limit. I'll figure it out...

Saturday Report

Calorie limit 1500 1357, 1175
Net Carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g net (no change) 20.4g, 21g
Fiber average 25g (no change) 32g, 28g
Lean meat, poultry, or fish 5 oz. maximum per day YES, YES
Protein average minimum 120g Calling my 117g green because that was darned admirable in view of having only 5 oz. of meat. , 119g close enough
Cholesterol average 200mg limit 182mg, 165mg
Saturated fat average 8% of total calories 14%, 10%

Last edited by Mern; 08-26-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you should have scrubbed your feet with bleach and a deck brush after having to walk in that mud!

Ama, kudos on your wonderful reports this week. OMG, stay safe! You are in my thoughts and prayers! My brother lives in South Pasadena, Florida and just moved to a mobile home retirement village right on the Boca Ciega Bay. So his safety is on my mind, too, with the tropical storm. I called him this morning and he's all battoned down and expects a bunch of wind and rain, but think's they's escape hurricane strength damage.

Nichaleh, glad you are finally getting some good rest! Congrats on Reaching your first goal! That's wonderful!

Frenchhen, hi!

Darlene, kudos on staying under 2000! I hope you enjoyed your wine and had a good night's sleep. Big hug to ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.