Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Nichaleh, nice job on the fruit and veggies. Glad you finally got some good sleep.

Judi, thanks for your kind words. You're such a sweetheart. You are really doing a good job on the weight loss--coming quite a way since July 3--reaping the rewards of consistent dedication. Best wishes on your baking and canning.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Judi, congrats on the painting! Any pics?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe, my daughter, son and I all shop at the thrift shops. I'd be spending a lot of my paycheck there if I worked at one.
Today I got the kiddo 4 pairs of pants and 2 shirts and with my discount spent a whopping $10.47. I just looked up polos on the Gap site (one of the shirts is a Gap polo) and they're $26.95. Why does anyone buy new?

On another note, I got home from work and hubby had done nothing about dinner and I was tired and hungry and it made me very grumpy. We went out to get something; he suggested Subway and that made me more mad because I wanted a hot meal, but there was a fish and chips place next to Subway and I may or may not have eaten 8oz of deep fried halibut and about 20 pounds of fries I make bad decisions when I'm hangry. No logging for me today.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Nichaleh and Cassie Thanks for the kind words, I haven’t been posting I guess I feel like if I can’t do it right I shouldn’t share it.

April Congratulations on the job opportunity I hope you get it!!!! Thanks for the hand and the ear I am very appreciative of it.

Mern Ok goals I will talk to you guys every day even if I feel like I am failing and I will log my food again. You were doing really well with your testing back in feb how did your recent tests go?

Mike Have you heard of conjugated linoleic acid? I drug my butt to the gym today and someone mentioned I should try it she swears it kicked started that last 20lbs she needed to lose, I googled it and it seems to have mixed reviews I know you have been around the gym a lot maybe you have heard something about it.Probably me looking for the easier way which doesn't exist.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Nichaleh and Cassie Thanks for the kind words, I haven’t been posting I guess I feel like if I can’t do it right I shouldn’t share it.
I understand completely...I have been in the same spot, but I realized that avoiding FitDay definitely does not make it any better for me. In fact, it's worse!

Originally Posted by judipurple
Got some painting done (gads, I hate trim!)
Oh, geez, this was me last year! My whole house needed trim done; I actually made it a goal on here to do one room each weekend and I think that's the only thing that got it done. I loathe trim, I really do, so I feel for you!

Well, I blew yesterday completely; it was a perfect storm. I did well during the office luncheon and stuck with salad and no birthday cake, but was so hungry by the time I got home that I ate all night "with reckless disregard," as the saying goes . Back on the wagon today...one more lunch out this week today.

Mern, thanks for asking; the school year is going well. This semester is easy, but next semester will be a bear. How is the first semester of college going at your house; has is started yet? There is such a variation of when the different institutions start...does your DGD know what she is interested in pursuing yet?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

nobe--I hear ya. I bought 3 outfits at Mom to Mom sale at local public school for $12 for my niece. One is the cutest little yellow sundress from babyGap. They only wear it once why would you buy new?

Darlene--are all here to help. Been slacking off logging too but i sort of keep track in my head.

Question about sugar spikes. I ate cereal and toast yesterday and had small bun and veggies and hummus for lunch and at 4:30pm when I checked my glucose level was 19. I drank lots of water yesterday and exercised for about 40mins. Dietician told me it can spike if I'm too hungry. Why does it spike?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys

Happy Friday to all! Was able to run another 3 miles last night...first mile was great and same with the second. But the last one sucked. So still need to take my time and be patient with myself in order to get back to the same pace I had.

I have been doing well with the diet...keeping out most of the carbs except for some fruit here and there and the weight is steadily coming off. I have my first goal set of 165 by Sept 3rd so trying really hard to make it. I'll be going back to work the week or two after that and hopefully that will be enough to get back into some work pants I already own.

Will be going to the gym tonight to lift and work out and plan on going on Sunday as well.

Have a great Friday everyone and only a few more hours until the weekend starts!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I got the job! My official start date is 9/10 but if my replacement is ready before then I may start training sooner. This does mean one thing though guys...no more fitday during the day.

Today is super busy at work so I can't stay long. Yesterday was great goal - wise though.

and Happy Birthday Ann!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats officially, April .

I second the Happy Birthday, Ann! I know you have your hands full, but hope you can spend it doing something you enjoy .

jj, I'm not an expert on the sugar issue, but my first thought was maybe because what you ate was primarily carbs? I know you have some dietary restrictions on protein, so your choices make sense, but that's my only guess. Except I think exercise can cause it too, to an extent? Mern is pretty savvy about these things; maybe she'll have an answer when she pops in.

I'm having a lovely work-at-home day today and facing a pretty free weekend as well. It's quiet here this week...hope everyone is doing well and having a happy Friday!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Got part of my routine quarterly blood test results back already. I love that my doctor's office uses the MyChart program where my results are posted to my online account.

Drum roll, please:

Total Cholesterol: I have now officially reduced my high cholestrol through diet alone to NORMAL. Highest recorded was 244, normal is under 200, mine is now 198.

Blood Glucose: Fasting blood glucose continues to be reversed from pre-diabetic to normal. Highest was 114 and is now 85 with under 100 being normal.

EDITED IN FRIDAY EVENING: Earlier I had posted here that I hadn't gotten my A1C average blood sugar test result yet, but I found it was posted to my online medical records account after the first results came in this morning.

A1C average blood glucose continues to be reversed from pre-diabetic, too. It was NORMAL at--5.9% despite my summertime carb cheats and binges. Normal is 4-6%. I guess my cheats were more seldom or more controlled over the summer than I recalled. I'm certainly not going to challenge the test result! LOL

LDL (bad cholesterol) is way closer to normal. Highest recorded was 127, normal is under 99, mine is now 106.

Triglycerides are up slightly and don't understand why since my cholesterol is way down. I have ranged between 228-286 and for an unknown reason they are back up to 272 with normal being under 150. I have an appointment with the doc next Thursday and she will ask me what my plan of attack is--and that will be to try some tips from the Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) diet: reducing sat fat from my previous goal of 11-12% to 7% of total calories and reducing dietary cholesterol from previous goal of 250mg per day to 200. I will keep my calories at 1500 and exercise 5 days.

Last edited by Mern; 08-24-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.