Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

Ama ... I work in the warehouse now, but in the past I worked in the admin building which also houses the test kitchen. Oh the things that come out of there! I feel for ya. You will learn how to deal with the temptation though. I may soon be moving back to the other building and even close to the kitchen this time if I do.
Test kitchen? Now that sounds dangerous... I have been planning my strategy and think that when I do cave to temptation that I should first do a big loop around the building - down 2 flights of stairs, walk around to the other side, up 2 other flights of stairs, through the entire office and back to the conference room - then snag a little bit of left overs to take back to my desk. No time to walk? - No goodies for me, gotta pay to play .
Old 08-23-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Test kitchen? Now that sounds dangerous... I have been planning my strategy and think that when I do cave to temptation that I should first do a big loop around the building - down 2 flights of stairs, walk around to the other side, up 2 other flights of stairs, through the entire office and back to the conference room - then snag a little bit of left overs to take back to my desk. No time to walk? - No goodies for me, gotta pay to play .
Oh yes, the test kitchen is very dangerous! I work for the second largest food distribution company in the US. They are constantly having customers in for cuttings and testing new products and recipes. Then all the leftovers go out in the breakroom. The new job that I just posted about a little bit ago will be in an office that is just around the corner from the kitchen! I do pretty well though because in group situations I rarely eat. And I will put off going to get anything until I can't anymore. Usually by that point everything that was good is already gone. LOL ... Mind games but they work.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
Ha. Even on days that I drink way over my 64oz, my pee is still yellow. I don't know what is up with that. But I had had my quota before I left work today, and there's still a couple hours left. SO THERE!
Force yourself to drink a gallon (128oz) and you'll probably pee yellow. You'll probably lose a pound or two.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- had a really busy day today but i like being out and about- drives me crazy sitting around with nothing to do. The kiddies went to their dads for the weekend this afternoon so i havent even had them to sort out.
This morning and all day ive been shopping for kids new kids school uniforms- its an all day task because going from one place to another seems to take forever on public transport. Inbetween ive had to go to my daughters speech therapy session and to the school nurse to talk about referrals about testing or Dyspraxia.
Then we did food shop and when we got home i wanted to be off again! Ive just walked around the shopping centre for 4 hours- all over, one shop to the next and back again. Im love to shop on my own- im a real browser who happily looks at one thing for 10 mins- get that from my dad.
I worked up an appetite and really wanted to snack but im really proud that i didnt give in to the treats on offer and waited til i got home to have 3 rice cakes, philidelphia extra light and 2 apples. Much better than a cupcake or mcdonalds!
So everythings got now for kids to go back to school- 11 days. Its time like this when i couldnt imagine having another child- theres just so much that they need!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
For all of you dog lovers....here is a picture of Chloe too. Can't leave out my spoiled baby girl. She'll be 3 in November. Macie (picture yesterday) turned 9 in April.

Judi ... The dogs seem better now. I still am not entirely sure which one it was. But I am leaning towards Macie (in the picture yesterday). She is pure boxer (BYB though) as is my other girl. ... So you are a loony bus driver. Does that mean you drive the short bus? LOL

ichalk2up ... The longer you chart it, the better the graphs will be. If I only look at the past 2 weeks it is horrible, but if I view 2 months I see a nice downward trend. ... The dogs are feeling better, thank you! What kind of dogs do you have?

Nobe ... Kudos on walking to & from work then standing all day.

Mern ... Miss you lady! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Terri ... Great to see you. I really miss chatting with you. Good luck on your first day!

Tori ... Oh girl, you have got it bad!

Dar ... ***offering you my hand to get back on the wagon*** ... honestly though if you need to chat, just let me know.

Nichaleh ... Tim tams avoided! They do look delicious though. .. Another dog lover? Cool!

Cassie ... Thank you for the work congrats! I don't like to be a job hopper but I am always looking for a way to further my career and it is a change from sales to credit so the mindset will be different. But the make up the raise that I will get with my yearly raises in my current position would take about 8 years at the current rate.

Mike ... Glad to hear your weight is going down. Mine, however, is going the opposite direction this week!
Wildbeanerz - hope you get the new job! We have 3 Spinone Italiano and 1 Labrador Retriever. They definitely keep me busy!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Goals Week of August 20
Focus on water. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Focus on whole foods. Yes (but had a slice of pizza at work), Yes (but had a slice of pumpkin bread at work), Big Bad NO, So far Yes
Limit coffee to 16oz/day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Get to the Gym 2x this week. Tuesday, Thursday
Write down all the things on my mental long-standing “to-do-list.” Wrote down several things.
Complete/start at least one item from my long-standing “to-do-list.” Started my wildfire evacuation plan.
Find the joy in everything in life, even the tough stuff. Trying hard, doing better ,Yes, Yes

I heard a trick for figuring out how much water to drink per day. Take your weight in lbs, divide it by 2 and that is the minimum number of ounces you should drink per day. For example - 150 lbs/2 = 75 oz H2O per day minimum.

~ Ama
39yo, 5’6”
Maintaining with a Vengeance
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Back and feeling better from my seasonal sinus allergies with no meds due to my upcoming routine blood test--which I had today. Thanks to those of you who posted well wishes. We had a bit of rain to clear the air and the humidity is low. Back to eating according to my goals and logging all my food.

I still haven't read the thread--just caught Tracey's

Tracey, I'm glad you had time to enjoy your shopping at a leisurely pace. Great job on the rice cakes and Philly instead of cupcakes or McDonald's. Way to go!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene! Hi! I'm so glad you posted. I'm starting a fresh new three months today after having my quarterly blood test. How about you taking some baby steps to get back on the wagon. Tell us what you will try. We'll all be rooting you on!

Ama, nice job on your goals! Good to have that evacuation plan! Sounds like a great tip on the water.

April, congrats on the new job! Your dogs are adorable! Nothing wrong with mind games if that's what works. I have to do that with myself often.

Tracey, wishing you and your children a wonderful new school year.

Judi, your two dogs were beautiful!

Jenn, kudos on the WiiFit boxing!

Nichaleh, nice job on your eating despite the temptations. Congrats on balancing it out for the week.

Cassie, you're doing a really nice job on your goals so far this week! How is the boy's school year so far?

Nobe, my daughter, son and I all shop at the thrift shops. I'd be spending a lot of my paycheck there if I worked at one.

ichalk2up, not much IS easy, but you are doing a good job! Keep at it!

I care about each and every one of you but don't have time to get caught up with all I missed this week. So hi and big hugs to everyone I didn't address personally.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Quick update with thursdays stats:

Calories ave 1350- 1399,1094, 1231,1657
Eat vegies 3-5 serves – yes, yes, yes, yes
Eat fruit 1 -2 serves- yes, yes if you count cranberry juice?, yes in juice form again,no
At least 7 hours of sleep a night – more like 6, not even close maybe 5 I keep waking up for some reason. YES! Finally. yes
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - so glad things are better for you - your love and well-wishes for all on this thread is appreciated. Please know that that love is returned ten-fold!

Numbers du jour:
Calories: 1,578 Fats: 88.6g Carbs: 61.8g Proteins: 135.5g

Got some painting done (gads, I hate trim!), and tried making a new recipe: Paleo Pancit - a noodle dish (Phillipino, I think) - the noodles were subbed with shredded cabbage, and the meats were chicken, pork and shrimp. Quite tasty - didn't last long in this house! Will post the recipe in the low-carb recipe thread.

Baking day tomorrow (going to a party on Saturday, and got a request for monkey bread, plus making a couple loaves for a gift basket for the guest of honor), so gotta get the walking done early. Might try to can some salsa too - depending on how the day goes. See you on boards tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.