Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Goals Week of August 20
Focus on water. Yes, Yes
Focus on whole foods. Yes (but had a slice of pizza at work), Yes (but had a slice of pumpkin bread at work)
Limit coffee to 16oz/day. Yes, Yes
Get to the Gym 2x this week. Tuesday
Write down all the things on my mental long-standing “to-do-list.” Wrote down several things.
Complete/start at least one item from my long-standing “to-do-list.” Started my wildfire evacuation plan.
Find the joy in everything in life, even the tough stuff. Trying hard

New challenge is to avoid the left-over food area at work. My office was just moved next to a big conference room, and I cross through it to get to the water/coffee machine. Sometimes there is good stuff like fruit and veggies people bring in to share, but most of the time I come across left-over pizza, pasta, etc from big lunch meetings... errr... I need to try harder to avoid the temptation

Happy Wednesday ~ Ama
39yo, 5’6”
Maintaining with a Vengeance
Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Goals for the week
1. Eat 4 servings of fruits/veggies
2. Drink 8 cups of water (made it yesterday but had to get up twice in the night to pee
3. Exercise at least half an hour 5 times this week
4. Cut grass
5. Do not beat myself up if there is no weight loss for week

Jenn
1. Mon--yes, Tues--no
2. yes
3. Mon--yes (made it up to the expert level on Wiifit boxing and even kept up more or less with steps) Tues--um does up and down stairs doing laundry count??
4. yes, front lawn now to get up motivation to do back

Made muffins from a mix yesterday. Had one for dessert which upped the carbs. Thankfully I didn't really like the taste so the rest will be going in freezer. At least I had salad for lunch.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

1. Calories below 1300. M! T-ack 1690,
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. M! T,
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. M! T,
4. Log everything and post daily. M! T,
5. Eat clean. M!T,
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). Y. Y
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. N, n (do it!)
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 6, 7,
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 3,1,

So I forget to supplement. darngit. I ate over my calories yesterday, I admit, and looking back over what I did eat, it was all clean and/or raw... so I am not going to beat myself up over it. Just re-think today, and do better.

Nichaleh-hope you are feeling better, and wonderful job on the flexibility in cooking without an oven!

ichalk- sorry about the fluctuation. My entire loss has been a fluctuation with the dot zigging and zagging in a downward direction. Just log it and go with it. don't get crazy about it. It's just like a heartbeat on a EKG monitor, up and down = life.

Nobe- ah the joys of retail. Gives you a whole new perspective.

Cjohnson- great work on your weekly goals. You, being my goal setter, I'll be reminded to take my supplements today for sure!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

So this week's modified goals...
Goals begin on Tuesday this week
Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 80 oz water (down from 100 for this week) T: 84oz,
2. Walk on lunch 3 times from Tues - Fri T: 2-1/8 miles,
3. Exercise 3 times T: Yes (evening), W: Yes (morning),
4. Weigh and post it daily T: 230.6lbs, W: 231.0lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Finish vacation laundry T: worked on it, W: all washed & dried just gotta fold the whites, sheets & blankets,
2. Don't stress about that thing you have no control over T: Yes,
3. Put antibiotic on the tat morning & night T: Yes,

Bit the bullet last night and worked out. It was rough! I had overeaten spaghetti at dinner and then munched some trail mix so I was fat & bloated, huffing & puffing, red & sweaty. Nice image huh? I showered up and felt better though and stayed up when the hubby went to work this morning at 5am and did it again. Felt better this morning.

One of the dogs is sick today. They sleep in our laundry room / half bath. Thank goodness it has vinyl flooring. One of them had multiple accidents last night. I think it is Macie. She seems to have no pep this morning. It's hard to tell though because Chloe feels so bad for being in a room that was messy that she thinks she is in trouble so her behavior isn't her usual self this morning either. She did grab toys and run around and play a little though so I really think it is Macie. Macie also had a clear runny nose this morning and that is not normal for her. I am at work but the boys are home with them. They know to keep a close eye on her for hints that she needs out quickly to save my carpet LOL.

Here is Macie this weekend taking a nap on the bank of the lake.

Mike ... Doesn't it always seem like when you are dealing with something stressful that the person/company who is supposed to be helping you usually adds more stress to your situation? I am glad you are getting it back together though.

Ama ... I work in the warehouse now, but in the past I worked in the admin building which also houses the test kitchen. Oh the things that come out of there! I feel for ya. You will learn how to deal with the temptation though. I may soon be moving back to the other building and even close to the kitchen this time if I do.

Cassie ... You are doing great on your exercise goal this week!

Ann ... I admire you so much for being able to exercise so soon after having a baby. I am glad you are working your busy life around it before it gets more hectic by working too.

Nobe ... Your new job sounds fun to me too. I spent some time as a cashier in the past and I loved it. I loved all the activity. One summer I worked 3 months at a store that sells surplus (damaged) goods. I lost like 30lbs during those 3 months.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
ichalk- sorry about the fluctuation. My entire loss has been a fluctuation with the dot zigging and zagging in a downward direction. Just log it and go with it. don't get crazy about it. It's just like a heartbeat on a EKG monitor, up and down = life.
Best advice ever! Those fluctuations happen to everyone. My loss chart looks like a heartbeat but to me as long as the general direction is downward, that is all that counts! Keep on working hard. You will get to see that pattern on your chart too.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe- ah the joys of retail. Gives you a whole new perspective.
It does! I've worked retail most of my adult life, but a thrift shop is a totally different experience. It's the first time, too, that I've worked somewhere I shop; it's weird to see the store from the other side of the counter. I never would have known there were so many nitpicky details involved in running it - I thought they just got the stuff, put it out and sold it!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh-in: 167.5 (+2 )
Old 08-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Like a ninja in the night... >.>

Hi everyone

I just wanted to come by and quickly post that I am alive and doing alright! BF and I have moved to New Job Land and the semester starts TOMORROW so I am very busily getting ready. I am hoping that after I get a chance to finally catch my breath this weekend that I can re-join everyone. My habits are starting to get away from me a bit... plus stress of moving... plus family visit = whacked-out diet!

I have been able to mostly maintain, but a few pounds have crept back on. It's going to take me awhile to get entirely back in the swing of things, but I am looking forward to it!

I appreciate everyone who has sent me PMs checking in on me Sorry to have disappeared so abruptly. I promise I will post a more thorough catch-up soon! (And to anyone I don't know, HELLO! <3 I'm Terri!)

Best and love,
~Terri
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Goals Week of August 20
Focus on water. Yes, Yes
Focus on whole foods. Yes (but had a slice of pizza at work), Yes (but had a slice of pumpkin bread at work)
Limit coffee to 16oz/day. Yes, Yes
Get to the Gym 2x this week. Tuesday
Write down all the things on my mental long-standing “to-do-list.” Wrote down several things.
Complete/start at least one item from my long-standing “to-do-list.” Started my wildfire evacuation plan.
Find the joy in everything in life, even the tough stuff. Trying hard

New challenge is to avoid the left-over food area at work. My office was just moved next to a big conference room, and I cross through it to get to the water/coffee machine. Sometimes there is good stuff like fruit and veggies people bring in to share, but most of the time I come across left-over pizza, pasta, etc from big lunch meetings... errr... I need to try harder to avoid the temptation

Happy Wednesday ~ Ama
39yo, 5’6”
Maintaining with a Vengeance
Good job so far. I wanna hear about some joyous stuff.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
1. Mon--yes, Tues--no
2. yes
3. Mon--yes (made it up to the expert level on Wiifit boxing and even kept up more or less with steps) Tues--um does up and down stairs doing laundry count??
4. yes, front lawn now to get up motivation to do back

Made muffins from a mix yesterday. Had one for dessert which upped the carbs. Thankfully I didn't really like the taste so the rest will be going in freezer. At least I had salad for lunch.
awesome job on the Wiifit

1. Calories below 1300. M! T-ack 1690,
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. M! T,
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. M! T,
4. Log everything and post daily. M! T,
5. Eat clean. M!T,
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). Y. Y
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. N, n (do it!)
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 6, 7,
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 3,1,

So I forget to supplement. darngit. I ate over my calories yesterday, I admit, and looking back over what I did eat, it was all clean and/or raw... so I am not going to beat myself up over it. Just re-think today, and do better.
Awesome job! Keep it up!!

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
So this week's modified goals...
Goals begin on Tuesday this week
Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 80 oz water (down from 100 for this week) T: 84oz,
2. Walk on lunch 3 times from Tues - Fri T: 2-1/8 miles,
3. Exercise 3 times T: Yes (evening), W: Yes (morning),
4. Weigh and post it daily T: 230.6lbs, W: 231.0lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Finish vacation laundry T: worked on it, W: all washed & dried just gotta fold the whites, sheets & blankets,
2. Don't stress about that thing you have no control over T: Yes,
3. Put antibiotic on the tat morning & night T: Yes,

Bit the bullet last night and worked out. It was rough! I had overeaten spaghetti at dinner and then munched some trail mix so I was fat & bloated, huffing & puffing, red & sweaty. Nice image huh? I showered up and felt better though and stayed up when the hubby went to work this morning at 5am and did it again. Felt better this morning.

One of the dogs is sick today. They sleep in our laundry room / half bath. Thank goodness it has vinyl flooring. One of them had multiple accidents last night. I think it is Macie. She seems to have no pep this morning. It's hard to tell though because Chloe feels so bad for being in a room that was messy that she thinks she is in trouble so her behavior isn't her usual self this morning either. She did grab toys and run around and play a little though so I really think it is Macie. Macie also had a clear runny nose this morning and that is not normal for her. I am at work but the boys are home with them. They know to keep a close eye on her for hints that she needs out quickly to save my carpet LOL.

Here is Macie this weekend taking a nap on the bank of the lake.

Mike ... Doesn't it always seem like when you are dealing with something stressful that the person/company who is supposed to be helping you usually adds more stress to your situation? I am glad you are getting it back together though.
Yeah, that;s how it always works. Macie is so cute. I hope your girl, which ever one it is, gets to feeling better soon.

Originally Posted by nobe
Wednesday weigh-in: 167.5 (+2 )
Probably water retention. It takes water to get rid of water, now go drink water until you start to pee clear.

Originally Posted by taubele
Hi everyone

I just wanted to come by and quickly post that I am alive and doing alright! BF and I have moved to New Job Land and the semester starts TOMORROW so I am very busily getting ready. I am hoping that after I get a chance to finally catch my breath this weekend that I can re-join everyone. My habits are starting to get away from me a bit... plus stress of moving... plus family visit = whacked-out diet!

I have been able to mostly maintain, but a few pounds have crept back on. It's going to take me awhile to get entirely back in the swing of things, but I am looking forward to it!

I appreciate everyone who has sent me PMs checking in on me. Sorry to have disappeared so abruptly. I promise I will post a more thorough catch-up soon! (And to anyone I don't know, HELLO! <3 I'm Terri!)

Best and love,
~Terri
well hello there doll face! I hope things level out soon and we get to see more of you.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I hope DH is feeling better. Those upper respiratory infections suck!

April, glad your hives are better.

Terri, so good to learn you're back. Mostly maintaining is fantastic! Well done for as long as you were away due to your moving, etc.

I'm way behind on reading this thread. Hope to rejoin y'all tomorrow.

Cheers for all who are doing well and huge hugs of support to those who are not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.