Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:09 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
Calories ave 1350- 1399,1094, 1231
Eat vegies 3-5 serves – yes, yes, yes
Eat fruit 1 -2 serves- yes, yes if you count cranberry juice?, yes in juice form again
At least 7 hours of sleep a night – more like 6, not even close maybe 5 I keep waking up for some reason. YES! Finally.

Posting yesterdays (Wednesdays) goals tonight as I havn’t had time…. I will probably post todays numbers tomorrow morning.

I’m feeling much better today, I did a little walking while my car was back at the mechanics getting the last few things done before the big drive across to Adelaide in 2 weeks. I did cheat a little today, I ate two potato cakes and a choo choo licorice toffee bar but my numbers have been under most days so it should all balance out for the week.

I did make it through a work meeting without eating any of the tim tams that were plonked in front of me, I think they are an Aussie thing so I will explain that they are the most awesome chocolate covered indulgent bikkie and I love them but they are packed with calories.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beakee/...6636/lightbox/

Ann – congrats on keeping up with the exercise and seeing the results

Jenn- up and down stairs doing laundry totally counts in my book!

April- I hope your beautiful fur-kids feel better soon, I am a bit of a dog lover and I get upset when either of my poochies are sick.

Nobe- hang in there, remember that some gains are fluctuations and water weight. I zig zag all the time.

Judi – home made Khalua? Yummmmmmmmmmmyyyyy

Darlene – big hugs, it is not easy sometimes. Try making small changes first, something each day. Start by setting goals that you know you can stick to and work from there.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

So this week's modified goals...
Goals begin on Tuesday this week
Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 80 oz water (down from 100 for this week) T: 84oz, W: 100oz,
2. Walk on lunch 3 times from Tues - Fri T: 2-1/8 miles, W: 2 miles,
3. Exercise 3 times T: Yes (evening), W: Yes (morning),
4. Weigh and post it daily T: 230.6lbs, W: 231.0lbs, Th: 231.4lbs <~~~ Going the wrong direction!

Life Goals ...
1. Finish vacation laundry T: worked on it, W: all washed & dried just gotta fold the whites, sheets & blankets,
2. Don't stress about that thing you have no control over T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Put antibiotic on the tat morning & night T: Yes, W: Yes,

I have been so bad at night this week. I am picking at leftovers in the fridge (cold spaghetti), spooning into the tub of ice cream right in the freezer, overeating on waldorf salad & trail mix. I don't know exactly what is going on but I am thinking that I am on the edge of PMS land again. Does anyone remember my excitement back in April to not have to deal with this anymore? Well I haven't been so lucky and it really irks me.

I have been quiet about this but it is killing me not to tell anyone so I'll tell you guys! Two weeks ago I applied for a job in the credit department of our company. It means a nice raise and overtime opportunities (not allowed any overtime now) and the job would be a challenge instead of mostly boring like I have now. I do love my current job because I get to be face to face with the customers and salespeople every day but the job feels below my abilities (if that makes sense). There are going to be very many people who are upset that I may leave this position because they are not fond of the person who will replace me. She has no people skills and spends a day or two a week in tears. The customers and the salespeople dislike her. When I take vacation and come back I always hear "Thank God it's you!" But....I am supposed to be presented with a job offer letter today! Of course, I will accept it. I wouldn't have applied if I didn't intend to accept it. I just won't know until later when I will be allowed to discuss it and when I will be able to move because of the need for the other person to wrap up their job duties in the other department (she is a do-it-all but does-nothing) kind of person whose responsibilities will probably just be distributed. She will need minimal training since she covers my vacations up here already. But I just had to tell someone, I am bouncing with energy right now since I heard this morning that they intend to offer it to me today! So as long as the offer is what we discussed, I will be accepting the offer today.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats, April! So glad you were able to have an opportunity to make a move that uses your skills and provides more money...a win-win!

I know you feel for those who have to deal with your replacement, but this is yet another thing you are doing for you, and they will handle it the best way they can.

Nicaleh, glad you are back on the mend. I believe that a controlled cheat every once in a while is better than complete deprivation, though everyone is different.

Darlene, I understand the struggle. I've been there for most of this year and it's hard. Start with the basics, and don't be a stranger. We're here for you.

Tori, your delayed gratification will be worth it soon, I promise. Hang in there, keep busy.

Mike, how's your week?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Casie, I'm okay, thanks. Haven't logged much but I'm going in the right direction. I just weighed in at 181.6. I finally got some sleep, which I've been needing desperately but I did wake up at 4am to swing the ban hammer. Still no policies for the week.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

For all of you dog lovers....here is a picture of Chloe too. Can't leave out my spoiled baby girl. She'll be 3 in November. Macie (picture yesterday) turned 9 in April.

Judi ... The dogs seem better now. I still am not entirely sure which one it was. But I am leaning towards Macie (in the picture yesterday). She is pure boxer (BYB though) as is my other girl. ... So you are a loony bus driver. Does that mean you drive the short bus? LOL

ichalk2up ... The longer you chart it, the better the graphs will be. If I only look at the past 2 weeks it is horrible, but if I view 2 months I see a nice downward trend. ... The dogs are feeling better, thank you! What kind of dogs do you have?

Nobe ... Kudos on walking to & from work then standing all day.

Mern ... Miss you lady! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Terri ... Great to see you. I really miss chatting with you. Good luck on your first day!

Tori ... Oh girl, you have got it bad!

Dar ... ***offering you my hand to get back on the wagon*** ... honestly though if you need to chat, just let me know.

Nichaleh ... Tim tams avoided! They do look delicious though. .. Another dog lover? Cool!

Cassie ... Thank you for the work congrats! I don't like to be a job hopper but I am always looking for a way to further my career and it is a change from sales to credit so the mindset will be different. But the make up the raise that I will get with my yearly raises in my current position would take about 8 years at the current rate.

Mike ... Glad to hear your weight is going down. Mine, however, is going the opposite direction this week!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Talking April!!!

April -- HURRAY!!!!

Wonderful on the new job! Great news for you - and I am sure you'll excel in the new position.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Finally got over 300 points in Wiifit boxing. I got up to 350 and 3 stars. I love how the little voice says "Nice job". Woohoo.
Grocery shopping this morning--lots of yummy fruits and veggies.

Congrats April on the job!

Jenn
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Dog lovers - I have to share a picture of our 2 girls - mother and daughter, Bailey Sioux and Ursa Major. They have both moved on to greener pastures, but were an important part of our lives.

Bailey Ursa - small pic.jpg

April, I am very familiar with the boxer breed - my youngest sister showed and bred boxers for almost 10 years - they are true characters! And so expressive, and sweet. Give yours a hug for me - I sometimes do miss having a pooch in the house...
Old 08-23-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ichalk2up
Ama - is there a different route you can take through the office? I used to have the same issue, and found it worked to take the long way around to get to where i wanted to go.
Hee hee... you called my bluff (which is awesome)! Yes I can, and absolutely should, start taking the long way around from now on, especially from 1pm to 3pm, when the leftovers are bound to be on display. At least I do not work on Fridays anymore, which is when they bring out the numerous boxes of donuts, bagels, and cream cheese in the mornings for the whole office to partake...
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
I'm having the same problem. My shop gets bread in the morning to give out free, and the back table is loaded with goodies for us to eat. Today it was a big bag of bakery cookies. Yesterday I passed on the Costco muffins - if it doesn't have chocolate I don't feel compelled to eat it, but if the cookies keep up I'm going to be rapidly expanding. Although I did manage to have only one on my lunch break today. Go me!
OMG! Bread and baked goods on display every day! I would go nuts trying to stay out of it all... Great job passing on the muffins - I agree the chocolate are the best. And congratulations on the new job! It sounds like you are really enjoying it, which is so nice to hear after the crazy summer you had. I worked in a craft store once and really liked it, but what you are doing sounds like more fun. My paycheck would be in constant danger of never leaving the store!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.