Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Ama: I love the goal of finding the joy in the tough things in life - I need to take that goal and carry it with me, in my pocket! It can be a challenge to spot that joy amidst the chaos and noise that fills our lives.

April - hon, I really hope the pup is gonna be ok - the 4-legged kids are often just as important to us as our 2-legged ones! Picture was sweet - part/all boxer?

jjrudd, cassie & frenchhen - nice job this week thus far!

Nichaleh - hope you'll feel better soon - allow yourself the time to heal

Tori - Anticipation can take up so much of our energies and focus, especially when awaiting the one we love. Lady, know that we will be here when your life (and heart) comes back .

Nobe - OMG! I have been shopping in thrift stores since high school (many moons ago!), and couldn't imagine working in one! I'd make no money, I'd spend it all there. (recently found a gorgeous 1940's Lane cedar chest for $60! - yep. It's in my living room)

Mern - felling better? hope the allergies settle down for you - sounds uncomfortable.

Quinn - thank you for the note - hope your week is a good one!

Mike - whew! your self-control with the banking/insurance service reps & issues is incredible! Some ppl I know(ahem) would be cussing up a blue streak at the next idjit on the phone...

Ok, here is my Wednesday:

I did my walk today - no running yet, but added a mile onto it. Been taking my supplements faithfully. Had a bit of fun today in the kitchen - making limoncello and lime-cello. Am researching how to make kahlua next, and a honey liquor. For the holidays (and the occasional adult treat).

Numbers:
Calories: 1,622 Fats: 104.1 Carbs: 73.5 Protein: 107.2

Wow - two nights in a row of no nocturnal wanderings - I woke, but was able to go right back to sleep. Melatonin, not booze

Less than a week left before school starts - and I go back to work. Driving the bus keeps one just a little loony...
Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Best advice ever! Those fluctuations happen to everyone. My loss chart looks like a heartbeat but to me as long as the general direction is downward, that is all that counts! Keep on working hard. You will get to see that pattern on your chart too.
Thank you both for the encouragement. Those charts are definitely not motivators! Oh well, i'm trying to learn as much about my habits from them that i can. For example, i had no idea how much sodium i was taking in each day. I do not salt my food, and mostly eat home cooked meals. My daily intake is WAY too high!! So, i'm adding that to my list of things to watch.

I went jogging tonight at our local track, and that was fun. I had no idea how many people from our little town were out running at night!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, its midweek, and i'm trying to focus on the positives! Its never easy to start anything new.

Wildbeanerz - i hope your dog is doing okay. I'm a dog lover. Its sort of our hobby to train and show our dogs in AKC performance events. Keep us updated.

Mike - i definitely know how frustrating it is to try and talk to companies over the phone. They all think they are high and mighty and don't need to take care of their customers. Recently we had some work done on a rental property and financed the expense. A two years same as cash loan, which i was making monthly payments on; in the mean time, they closed my account and never notified me. Reported it to the credit bureau and tanked my credit score. I was able to appeal and the credit bureau decided in my favor, but it makes me angry that i still have to pay them every month. Can't wait until its paid in full.

Ama - is there a different route you can take through the office? I used to have the same issue, and found it worked to take the long way around to get to where i wanted to go.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

calories <1600 - 1539, 1601 (I'm counting it), 1684
water >64oz - 64oz, 64oz, 64oz+
protein >20% - 22%, 19%, 17%
take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
move - walking/playing with the kiddo, worked 8 hrs/walked to and from work, worked 8 hrs/walked to and from work
Old 08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
New challenge is to avoid the left-over food area at work. My office was just moved next to a big conference room, and I cross through it to get to the water/coffee machine. Sometimes there is good stuff like fruit and veggies people bring in to share, but most of the time I come across left-over pizza, pasta, etc from big lunch meetings... errr... I need to try harder to avoid the temptation
I'm having the same problem. My shop gets bread in the morning to give out free, and the back table is loaded with goodies for us to eat. Today it was a big bag of bakery cookies. Yesterday I passed on the Costco muffins - if it doesn't have chocolate I don't feel compelled to eat it, but if the cookies keep up I'm going to be rapidly expanding. Although I did manage to have only one on my lunch break today. Go me!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Probably water retention. It takes water to get rid of water, now go drink water until you start to pee clear.
Ha. Even on days that I drink way over my 64oz, my pee is still yellow. I don't know what is up with that. But I had had my quota before I left work today, and there's still a couple hours left. SO THERE!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by judipurple
Nobe - OMG! I have been shopping in thrift stores since high school (many moons ago!), and couldn't imagine working in one! I'd make no money, I'd spend it all there. (recently found a gorgeous 1940's Lane cedar chest for $60! - yep. It's in my living room)
Yeah, I've been thrift shopping for about 20 years The one I'm at is dirt cheap (like $2.99 for Gap jeans for the kiddo), and we get 25% off! But everything I have my eye on ends up selling before I can grab it. It has to go out on the floor before we can set it aside for ourselves, and we can only "shop" during our breaks. I try to remember everything I see that I want, but it either goes before I can get it (so hard to sell something I want to someone else!), or I forget what it was. It's such sensory overload working there. But we put out an average of 1,700 new pieces a day, so I'm sure more will come along!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories below 1300. 1233, 1290, 1337
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes, Pretty Good, Pretty Good
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 80, 72, 44
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes, Mostly, Mostly
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 3, 3, 2
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes Yes, Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 7, 7, Tad less than 6
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 2 hrs., 15 min.; 30 min., 45 min.

Had some slip-ups today, but nothing horrendous.

nobe, glad your job is going well.

ichalk, the longer your overall line gets, the more you will see a downward trend. you'll find the motivators that work for you.

Mern, glad you felt well enough to poke your head in. Hope tomorrow is better still.

Terri, so good to see you! Welcome back! Will be thinking of you tomorrow on your first day. I know you'll be great and I'm really looking forward to having you back here .

Hugs and high fives to the rest of y'all; I need to get to bed or my sleep goal is shot again for tomorrow!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday & Wednesday

1) Drink 84.5 oz of water (that's ONLY 5 bottles)--33.8, 50.7, 16.9
2) lose .2# (yes, that's a decimal point in front of the 2)--TBA
3) log everything--yes, no, no
4) post beginning weight--180.8
5) 3 servings of fruits/ veggies a day--3.5, 2, 3
Other
6) put in 34 hrs. before punching in on Saturday--TBA[/QUOTE]

Cassie-I talk to WHN pretty much every day. He has a M-F 8-4ish job, and he does nothing in his down time. We normally Skype on Sundays, phone calls on Wednesdays, and facebook messenger all the other days. We've missed our last Skype session because he wasn't feeling well, and I haven't had a Wednesday phone call in two weeks for a number of reasons. Even though I speak to him in some form, every day, it's not enough. He's not HERE.....

Judi-you hit the nail on the head, my life is what I'm waiting on, not just a man. He quickly became my everything, and then he left. Not because he wanted to, but he left all the same. October 15 can't get here soon enough, I'm ready to have my life back. I told him that he stole my heart and took it to Germany with him, and that it was up to him to bring it back in one piece.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

I wish will power came easier I just can't seem to get myself back on the wagon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.