Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-21-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

I won't even begin to tell you guys how BAD I was this weekend (nutrition-wise of course )! We will say that it involved lots of hot dogs, mountain pies & s'mores. It was also full of walking (to the bathroom, to the store, all around camp, to the lake, around the end of the lake), sitting by the lake watching the fish jump and an eagle swooping in, playing cards at the picnic table and lots of camp fires. My case of hives peaked on Saturday and I had them all over my arms, legs, torso and a few around my eyes. My hands swelled so much that I took off my rings (never even took them off when pregnant) and I was miserable. Then Sunday they were less and by last night there were no more. Just a few traces of puffiness here and there. Still have no idea what they were from but we did figure out that I bought a box of strawberries from a discount produce place and think maybe they had a different pesticide or something that could have caused it. I have been eating a ton of strawberries this summer so I think I will lay off of them for a little while.

I think that I will take the rest of the week off from logging but will keep my goals in mind. I am going to work this week on getting back to exercising since I have been slacking on it really bad! I think it has been over 2 weeks since I did any exercise besides walking. It does seem that I have gained the ability to maintain while not exercising a lot though. If maintenance means staying in a 2-3lb range that is.

So this week's modified goals...
Goals begin on Tuesday this week
Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 80 oz water (down from 100 for this week)
2. Walk on lunch 3 times from Tues - Fri
3. Exercise 3 times
4. Weigh and post it daily T: 230.6lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Finish vacation laundry
2. Don't stress about that thing you have no control over
3. Put antibiotic on the tat morning & night

I would say that I am going to go back and read all that I missed but I know that I won't get to so I am going to say hugs to the strugglers and high fives to those who are in a good place!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

My goals
1) Gallon of water a day 118.3
2) lose 2 #
3) log everything yes
4) post beginning weight (183.4)
5) 4 serving of fruits/ veggies a day 3
Other
6) Write 3 policies 0

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Thanks Mike, for making my goals.

Ladies, I probably won't very chit-chatty this week. I'll be a little more honest, probably won't be very chit-chatty for the next 56 days. WHN will be home in 56 days, and it's pretty much all I can focus on. I'm barely making it through the days without crying, and it's starting to take it's toll on me. I'm not use to being this dependent on someone else, and it's thrown me WAY out of my comfort zone. So, it's nothing personal. My goals will also be pared down a good bit. With my TSH levels still all whacked out, it's making it next to impossible to not eat. My main goal is to just NOT GAIN. It'll also give me a little time to focus on my mental well being, not just my physical.

With all that out of the way.....goal update

1) Drink 84.5 oz of water (that's ONLY 5 bottles)--33.8
2) lose .2# (yes, that's a decimal point in front of the 2)--TBA
3) log everything--yes
4) post beginning weight--180.8
5) 3 servings of fruits/ veggies a day--3.5
Other
6) put in 34 hrs. before punching in on Saturday--TBA
Well thanks for joining us but let me get this straight. Soooooo you're not going to be too chatty for the next 50-some-odd days because WHN won't be back until then? So does this mean that when he finally gets there you'll be spending more time on FD chatting it up with us than you are now?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

1. Calories below 1300. M!
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. M!
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. M!
4. Log everything and post daily. M!
5. Eat clean. M!
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). Y
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. N
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 6,
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 3,

Had a friend in town so I didn't get my whole 7 hours, and forgot to take my D3 and Magnesium last night. Today, got a good start. We can do this!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Ok so i need to be accountable so can stay on track. I keep telling myself that just because i had a great loss this week doesnt mean i can start adding the lttle goodies back in- these will only turn into bigger and bigger ones. I dont deprive myself but its learning when enough is enough thats the problem.

The week has started not as good as last week but i think because the gain last week i straight away got into the "time to fix this" mode! I dont have much to fix this week but saying aloud im going to say "time to keep it up if i want to get to the finish line" mode!

Today i went to my friends for the day- shes really supportive with my diet so i still feel in control when there. We walked down and walked home.
My food diary today-

3 slices of nimble toast wth jam- no butter
150g blackberries
2 plums
pre packed cheese and onion sandwich- 339 cals
pasta (unmeasured!) with prawns and low calorie mayo
salad
4 large coffees- splash of milk in each
2 reduced cal hot choc-65cals each-under 5%fat (rosemary conley variety)

Might not be interested in seeing what ive eaten today but i need to post it for everyone to see so i stay on track.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Well thanks for joining us but let me get this straight. Soooooo you're not going to be too chatty for the next 50-some-odd days because WHN won't be back until then? So does this mean that when he finally gets there you'll be spending more time on FD chatting it up with us than you are now?
lol, I had the same thought, but wasn't gonna tease a girl while she's down .

Frenchhen, great day!

April, sounds like a beautiful trip; sorry those hives hung on for most of it.

Tracey, you are doing great lately! Good ideal to stay accountable...so here's mine.

Back from lunch. I did well; had a salad with chicken; I don't like most dressings, so that saves calories. Only trouble was I was eating with a food pusher (literally and figuratively pushing tortilla chips at me) and I hate that. I decided on 4 chips and stuck with four chips but [why do I do this???] somehow found it necessary to eat the remaining cookies [straight from the freezer] after being home, thus protecting myself and family members from any future calories they may contain.

SMH, sometimes I just can't figure it out.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, that is a form of logic that somehow puts itself in every woman's head at some point. "If you're going to eat healthy, you better first eat all of the terrible things in your house so they won't be temping you." It happens. Also, I'm amazed at your only eating 4 chips. I'm a chips and salsa addict and could not stop at 4 if my life depended on it. Good job!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
lol, I had the same thought, but wasn't gonna tease a girl while she's down .
It just wouldn't be like me to let that slip by.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

I also love tortilla chips with salsa and especially cheese loaded nachos with all the extras. I started using melba toasts- theres a little pack n my supermarket that contains 6 crackers for just 76cals, i spread them with extra light phlidelphia and top them with salsa and bit of jalapeno- served on a bit of iceberg lettuce it kinda gives me the fix i need when im after the texture and taste of nachos.

On top of what ive eaten already ive munched on 2 apples while watching tv this evening. I didnt need them but as we all know now i like to have something to munch on watching tv. Not ready yet to go completely cold turkey so choosing things with good nutrition and low fat/calorie i dont feel as guilty.

Should be asleep its 10.30pm but im not an early nighter- with no school/work to get up for and kids not waking up til 9.30am i dont sleep til late. This is something i think contributes to my evening snacking.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check-in and then going out for coffee with hubby. (Coffee ONLY! No snacks! )

August 20-24

1. Limit calories to 1200 Monday-Friday. 1228 (...and then ate a huge chunk of cake! ) 1274
2. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. 3 (...if you count hummus ), 1
3. Practice patience, patience, patience; don't stress. So far, so good. VERY patient.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
Old 08-21-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

It is too bad fitday doesn't count stress in with activities - I feel as if I've run an entire 5K some days without leaving the house! (and, yes, today was one of those days). But, it's all quiet now, and I am anticipating a cup of chamomile tea...Tomorrow will be the 5K (with a bit of running).

Numbers not too bad today, and am thinking the sleep might be good tonight - last night only opened my eyes once, and actually went right back to sleep!

Calories: 1,441 Fats: 89.0 Carbs: 62.5 Proteins: 105.4

gotta run - see you all tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.