Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all. In spite of the chaos, my focus is renewed. Wouldn't do me any favors to fall off the wagon in self-pity. So, the goals will be similar to previous weeks, posting the #s, keeping the walking going (with only occasional jogging/sprinting - it was starting to beat up the knees), and trying to find ways to get some lifting in. Also, not allowing myself to dwell in the dank pit of misery (well, not too often, anyway). I've been journaling, keeping my life lifted up in the light, and not letting the darkness overtake me.

Okay, enough drama.

Numbers:
Calories: 1,382 Fats: 90.0g Carbs: 79.0g Protein: 80.9g

Walked today - added another 1/2 mile onto the 5k, with heavier walking weights - been working the arms and shoulders.
Lifting involved moving and stacking a cord plus of wood into the house with the boys. There is plenty more where that came from (we heat with wood).

Enjoyed picking beans out in the garden, sitting and watching the birds visit the feeders, & savoring this season's tomatoes.

::deep breath:: If life must be dealt with on a day by day, or even minute by minute, it will be dealt with.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Looks like everyone is starting out strong! But... can we make it to Friday?? lol

August 20-24

1. Limit calories to 1200 Monday-Friday. 1228 (...and then ate a huge chunk of cake! )
2. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day. 3 (...if you count hummus )
3. Practice patience, patience, patience; don't stress. So far, so good.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes

Last edited by quinnesec; 08-21-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

calories <1600 - 1539
water >64oz - 64oz
protein >20% - 22%
take vitamins - yes
move - walking/playing with the kiddo

Tomorrow I start my new job and it sounds like it'll be fairly physically active, so I'm going to cut myself some slack on the exercise part till I see how it goes. I'm not used to being on my feet all day anymore, so the next three days should be tiring. But I'm excited for it!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everybody! How was your Monday? Mine was pretty good, got some cleaning done, worked out with my sister, and kept my calories quite low. even though carbs were a little over.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 596.
2) Get 4 workouts done. M-Y.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 38%.
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Yes.
5) Drink more water! Yes.

Other:
1) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! Yes.

Judi, I don't know exactly what's going on in your life, but I'm proud of you for staying strong and not letting it rule you.

Cassie, my goals are the same every week too. They work, so why change them?

Tracey, congrats on being down at your weigh in. That's the best feeling ever.

I hope everybody had a great day! See ya tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!

GOALS
Calories ave 1350- 1399
Eat vegies 3-5 serves – yes
Eat fruit 1 -2 serves- yes
At least 7 hours of sleep a night – more like 6

Keeping it simple this week as I am not very well, nothing serious just a virus but I am pretty run down and I don’t expect I will be up to doing much exercise. Right now all I want to do is sleep. Unfortunately I have used up all my sick days looking after my daughter but I am only working a couple of hours a day this week so I should be fine. Uni doesn’t start up again for another week either so I’m going to take my chance to get a bit of rest.

It’s Tuesday morning here and I met my first weight goal today!!! I have hit my pre-baby weight after 8 years YAY!!!!!! When I fell pregnant with my daughter I had lost 23kg over 2 years, I gained almost that much during the pregnancy and now I am finally back to 80kg. I plan to keep going now until I reach my healthy weight range.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

Thanks Mike, for making my goals.

Ladies, I probably won't very chit-chatty this week. I'll be a little more honest, probably won't be very chit-chatty for the next 56 days. WHN will be home in 56 days, and it's pretty much all I can focus on. I'm barely making it through the days without crying, and it's starting to take it's toll on me. I'm not use to being this dependent on someone else, and it's thrown me WAY out of my comfort zone. So, it's nothing personal. My goals will also be pared down a good bit. With my TSH levels still all whacked out, it's making it next to impossible to not eat. My main goal is to just NOT GAIN. It'll also give me a little time to focus on my mental well being, not just my physical.

With all that out of the way.....goal update

1) Drink 84.5 oz of water (that's ONLY 5 bottles)--33.8
2) lose .2# (yes, that's a decimal point in front of the 2)--TBA
3) log everything--yes
4) post beginning weight--180.8
5) 3 servings of fruits/ veggies a day--3.5
Other
6) put in 34 hrs. before punching in on Saturday--TBA
Old 08-20-2012, 02:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I'm in!

Hi All - My schedule is such a wreck, I have so many things to work on, but here goes with this weeks' goals:

#1 - maintain daily carbs within range
#2 - exercise daily for at least an hour
#3 - sleep at least 6-7 hours a night
#4 - drink 32 oz water each day

~Little by little, this to can be done
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories below 1300. 1233
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 80
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 7
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 2 hrs., 15 min.

Totally worn out tonight. Will catch you all in the morning. Congrats on a good day, everyone .
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

My heart goes out to all of you who are struggling with life, health, and fitness issues.

Monday report: I'm battling my sinus allergies again and avoiding meds because of a quarterly routine blood test for blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides this coming Thursday. I ate clean but not balanced due to not feeling well.

Water 64 oz. YES
Clean eating (means no taboo foods) YES
No exercise goal--report any I did: NONE
Calorie limit 1500 878
Sat fat 11% of total calories 22%
Cholesterol average 250mg 99mg
Net carbs 25g 14.1
Fiber 25g 27g
Protein 120g 99g
Old 08-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I hate that you're struggling with those allergies again. I hope you get some relief soon. I think we're getting to that time of year. And good luck on Thursday!

Tori, good luck getting through those 56 days. Are you in any communication...can you email or call? You may have said but I missed it.

Nobe, thinking of you and hoping work is going well.

Nicaleh, virtual chicken soup your way...hope you feel better soon.

Judy, I admire your outlook. Do what you can to take care of yourself.

April, are you there? How was your trip?

Well, I have the hubby home sick today (some sort of URI drippy thing). I'm basically working at home and it's not going as efficiently as I would like. Getting ready to head out in a bit...and just realized that today through Friday I have a lunch out or catered every day, between social and job things. I am still going to try to make this a good week, though; I just need to use my mad planning skillz .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.