Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/20/12: Happy New Week!

Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, Mern, sounds like quite a logic problem you've got there. Although, you may find that making some improvements, even if not hitting all the numbers all the time, could go a long way. I share your frustration about the food labels. One of my self-imposed pie chart rules is that I like to see the unsaturated fats twice the amount of the saturated fat and it's a pain when I don't have that information. I wonder if it is something you eat frequently, if you can email the company to get that information? Does the TLC make a big distinction between mono and poly? Because you can figure out what they are together, obviously, by subtracting the saturated from the total.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all for your congrats on my routine blood test results for blood glucose and cholesterol.

Darlene, fantastic job yesterday on food and exercise. The calorie burn just running up and down stairs is legitimate informal exercise. Way to go!

Jenn, great job on getting your blood sugar back down to normal!

Judi, I think all of us occasionally give ourselves a reprieve from regular goal restrictions. Kudos to you for logging everything and for doing your walk. Hope your tummy feels better today.

Mike, OMG, what a mess! It does indeed sound like the customer service reps at PowerSportsPlus are poorly trained. Your letter was right on point and well composed. I hope they make everything right ASAP.

Cassie, a huges YIKES! on the $5K transmission! So sorry! How is the boy taking the news of the delay in getting his own car?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I forgot to mention that the restocking fee was $86.69! I'm now on live chat on their site with the original idiot.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, I forgot to mention that the restocking fee was $86.69! I'm now on live chat on their site with the original idiot.
You have got to be kidding me!

Originally Posted by Mern
Cassie, a huges YIKES! on the $5K transmission! So sorry! How is the boy taking the news of the delay in getting his own car?
Thanks, Mern . The "own car" for the boy was never a guarantee and he knows that we were still discussing it. I wasn't sure what to do before and even less so now. We are replacing my car at the end of the year...it's 11 years old and has over 200K miles. My husband wants him to have that one, but it's a minivan, but my concerns with that are that it's cumbersome, is tempting to put a lot of friends in (not that he would, but I don't want him to be in the position of being asked or pressured to do so), and of course the dork factor of being a HS student driving a van. I was hoping to find a cheap, smaller-but-safe used car for him, but I'm not sure we can swing that now. He will be able to get his license in January, in time for second semester, and it would help tremendously if I can have something for him to drive and eliminate the pick ups and drop offs created by the band commitments and tennis season.

Oh, and after much drama, we got the video camera back from the amusement park. It's kind of smashed and nonfunctional. I guess that's what falling out of a pocket at 200 feet in the air will do . I can't win lately!

Okay, so I came on to post my weekend goals, since Thursday and Friday fell apart. Weekend warrior goals coming up!

1. Calorie limit 1200.
2. 100 oz. of fluids.
3. Exercise both days.
4. Eat very clean.
5. Make bread.
6. Get picture frames and hang them.
7. Write one report.
8. Proof 2 postdoc reports.
9. Work on scrapbook some.
10. Take boy driving / parallel parking.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
You have got to be kidding me!

nope.

I fired off another email, letting them know how to fix this problem. I figured I'd help them out, in case the supervisor is also clueless. This will be the last one that I send for now. I'll check back Monday to see if they saw the light of day... by pulling their head out of their....

I emailed you last night in regards to the issue with my order that is due to your reps. What needs to happen is the items on this order (that your rep put together) need to be cancelled EXCEPT for the two items that were on back order with the original order (70311474). Seeing that I've already paid for the items TWICE that need to be cancelled and I don't need duplicate parts, that money needs to be IMMEDIATELY refunded, along ridiculous restocking fee of $86.69. There should be no charges for cancelling the duplicated items on this order, as it was due to errors on your end. Even this doesn't even make completely right the wrong that has been done, the hours of MY time that I've spent (on the phone, on your chat, making copies of my statements as well as the emails) correcting the incompetence. It also doesn't it make up for me now having to wait extra time because your rep took it upon himself to cancel my order, or the fact that y'all now hold my money hostage, when it is PowersportsPlus that owes me money.

Regards,
Mike Seoane
Old 08-25-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks. Like you've said to me before, it's all about averages. You really do have a heart-healthy diet lifestyle. That's wonderful!

The TLC diet guidelines are ideally:

--25-35% limit on daily calories from fat
--7% of total calories limit on sat fat
--10% limit from poly
--so 18% or more from mono.

But I'm going with 8% sat fat instead of 7. I don't know if I have the willpower or ability to go such low fat with already rigid goals for carbs and protein, but anything below my 12% sat fat would be an improvemnent.

I did some homework on poly and mono sources last night and will have to post a list on the fridge until I learn how to choose. I just won't put much stock in the food log numbers for poly and mono.

I thought last night about emailing the manufacturer of my protein shake mix because I use that to help achieve my protein goal. It has 6g total fat per serving, but only 1 gram is designated as sat fat, and the other 5 undesignated. With such a difference in the poly and mono TLC guidelines, it WOULD be a big help to know. It would at least help me choose my servings more wisely.

Maybe if I tell them the reason I need to know is due to trying to lower my high triglycerides via the TLC diet and no meds, they'll be interested enough to help me. Certainly can't hurt to try. I will compose an email form letter to request poly and mono nutrition facts for ALL the custom foods I use often. That will serve to be a worthwhile little project with not a whole lot of work involved.
Email is such a convenience, isn't it?

Thanks for your help, Cassie.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, sad that you have to tell them how to straighten out that mess, but I think the company does NEED to be told. I love the point about holding your money hostage. Again--very good composition--exactly what they need to know without beating around the bush. Best wishes and huge hug to ya!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

1. Calories below 1300. M! T-ack 1690,W ?, th 1490,f 1698,
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. M! T,
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. M! T,w,th,f,
4. Log everything and post daily. M! T,th,f,
5. Eat clean. M!T,th,f,
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). Y. Y,y,y,y,
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. N, n (do it!)y,y,y,
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 6, 7,7,7,6,
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 3,2,2.5,1,2,

Mike- I hate that you are going through such a mess.
Mern- I hope you get some answers. I wish it wasn't so difficult to find out the information. Though I think you are doing the right thing.
Cjohnson- sorry about the transmission, I've been there.

So for me, this weekend and the upcoming week I need to pull it in pretty hard. I haven't been as accurate in my caloric accountability, and my weight is fluctuating a lot this week (I'm a weigh every day person). So between today and Monday I've got the food scale out and I am into total honesty with me!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, I woke up to some unpleasant news this morning. Hubby's car needs a new transmission...$5K. I suppose that makes the car-for-son discussion moot at this point. Not what I wanted to deal with right now .
Damn what kind of car is it? I've never heard of a $5k transmission... even with labor. Have you checked elsewhere?
Old 08-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Damn what kind of car is it? I've never heard of a $5k transmission... even with labor. Have you checked elsewhere?
It's a Honda Accord! Should be simple. Supposedly there is also something in the emissions and something had to be special-ordered. But I am hesitant to bring up the issue of comparison shopping because when I did I got a diatribe about how there is no time to screw around with it, need the car, know they'll do it right there, blah, blah, blah.

SMH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.