Notices

No loss with max effort after battling eating disorder

Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default No loss with max effort after battling eating disorder

Hi,
new here.
I battled eating disorders for past 3 years. Used every method available to sustain my body. Crashed. Had to change. Now eating regular meals X 6 months at least. Joined gym 6 weeks ago. 6 days/week hard, with an exception of one week I got real sick. Havent seen any loss. Frusterated. Trying to do this the right way. Back to my pre-sickness weight plus some. Eating with enough deficiet to allow loss, not starvation. I dont know what Im doing wrong, but getting really frusterated.

2009-108-115lbs(healthy weight)
2010-88 lbs after extreme anorexia
2011-102-108 bulemia
2012-currently 127lbs at 4'11

Anyone who has any insite into this, please any advice would be good. Im hoping to get back to my healthy 108-115 range, just super frusterated as it wasnt too long ago that I achieved this the health active way.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm Kayla. I'm about to graduate as a Food and Nutrition major, and I think maybe I can give you a little insight as to what is happening in your body. Unfortunately all that time of subjecting your body to eating disorders has taken its toll, and it will take a considerable amount of time for it to get back to normal. Our bodies become distrustful after a prolonged experience with things like anorexia and bulimia, meaning that your body has not decided yet if this wave of healthy eating habits is not just a binge, and it is holding onto everything that you give it. I cannot give you any actual advice on what will make you lose those stubborn 10 lbs that are hanging on, but I can tell you that the body is amazing at recovering and equalizing itself. If you keep doing what you are doing, you will find the healthy weight and size for YOU, not the healthy weight that the chart says you are supposed to have. It may take a while, but now is a great opportunity to focus less on what your body looks like, and more on some self love and acceptance so that when you do reach your healthy weight, you can be truly happy with it and will not have to resort to such extremes again. I really hope this has helped you, please know that you can I'm always here if you just need someone to talk to.