Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-
April- i really feel for you, ive had 2 bad cases of hives- once from being out in grassland when i was a teenager and again from a cat allergy. My whole body was covered- it was torture and i looked a fright. Hope it clears up soon.

Ive had a busy day today- done lots of walking. First to my daughters speech therapy session and back to shops and walked back with my bags in the heat (1hr and 1/2). Then walked to dentist but thats not far away (30mins altogether).

My daughter who will be seeing a school nurse next week for an assesment regarding learning difficulties- suspecting Dyspraxia. We went to the dentist and he looked puzzled when examining her teeth, then asked if any have ever been pulled out- i said no. He said she seems very delayed with losing her baby teeth. Shes going to be 8 in December and only lost 3 teeth- her first two came out when she was about 6 and 1/2 withon a couple of months and then over a year later lost another. It turns out that this can sometimes be linked to Dyspraxia- with it being an immaturity type of disorder. Found it really interesting though learning that it actually can affect the bodies development when i thought it was more in the brain and on an understanding level.

I went to aqua aerobics this evening with my friend for an hour and loved it. Had so much fun and great not to come away sweating but still felt like i did exercise. Im looking forward to Mondays weigh in- hoping i can carry on like this over the weekend good enough for a loss.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Ugh. I'm not even going to report today. I can't think; I don't know what I ate; I hardly moved. SO SO SO hot. How do you southerners deal with it? I'm just grumpy and lethargic and brain-dead.

On the plus side, I randomly got a job! It's just at a thrift shop, but it seems like a pleasant place to work and it pays as much as it took me a decade to work up to at my last job. It seems fairly low stress (even though it's a busy store and you never stop - emotionally a ton less stress than my last job), which is what I want, and it's a five minute walk from my house. No more 1 hour+ to get home (never mind the $5 a day in bus fare). And the money they make goes to charity, rather than lining some rich guy's pockets like my last job, so it makes me feel more useful. I start Tuesday. Woo hoo!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Right, so I fell right off that wagon this last few days, wednesday I weighed in at 80.6 kilos, just .6 off my first goal weight. But since that morning I have eaten nothing but crap, I havn't logged, and I have just been acting like the old me with the 'oh stuff it I can't be bothered, lets just get take-away' and the 'I've been so good so long I deserve a treat' and the 'everyone else is eating pizza and coke, I can't eat something different' I know this voice that tells me all this rubbish, she comes creeping in every time I start to have success and next thing I know I have gained back all I have lost and more. I am not doing it this time, I am so close! I have not weighed in since wednesday and I am a little scared, but I am going to weigh tomorrow and post it.
ENOUGH. Back on track, tomorrow is a new day. I am joining the weekend warriors!!

weekend goals

sleep in a little
log everything!
drink water, pure clean water
eat vegetables, 3-5 serves
eat fruit, 1-2 serves
cook everything at home
1350 calories max
Old 08-17-2012, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday #s

Calories : 546 Fats: 32.6 Carbs: 31.7 Proteins: 34.6

One good thing out of the darkness - the scale started moving again in the right direction. Will try to get a better balance and total #s today. Did walk with my friend this morning - went to a different place that was very peaceful. I needed that.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh! Freakin hives! I am so miserable. Weighed in at 228.0 this morning though so that is good. We are just hanging out waiting for our campsite to be available (has campers on it from last night) so we can get going. Cars are loaded up except the food. Can't wait. Hubby asked if I still wanted to go since I am miserable. Yep! I can be miserable at home or out in the beauty of nature. I'll take nature any day!

See you guys Tuesday!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone
Right- this time last week i was on my way towards the 2lbs gain. This weekend i am hopefully on my way towards the 2lbs loss. The difference in myself is much more positive and after being 'good' or just better since monday- i am not allowing the weekend to put me off track.
My parents are coming round tomorrow to watch the football- they like a drink and i have already said that i will be happily sip on just my diet coke. Im not a big one for alcohol- im just hoping that i dont get irritated when im surrounded by others on a different wavelength!! I think i will be relieved when my home is my own again- that sounds bad but im not one for playing the hostess and we dont have company often at our house. My parents just live 5min walk away so we usually go up there because theres much more space for everyone.

Eating today has ben good but gone a bit mad and eaten too many plums! Yep better than chocolate but i still have to learn not to eat things all in one go. I had a sushi pack for dinner- came in at 339 cals and 0.4% fat. It was mixed fish (not raw though) and veg but i think i prefer the just vegetable one i had last week but couldnt get it today. Didnt think it was so popular- well i do since i tasted it a week ago- i loved it!

Nichaleh- i was exactly where you were last week but i carried it on all weekend and it got worse. Just took me 1 day of sticking to plan to get back on track- you can do this. Use the weekend and just put the last bad choices behind you and start again. Stay positive and next week it will all be in the past. I think we need these times so we can lern from them and figure out the triggers- this way it will help us get through any other cravings in future.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everybody! Sorry I disappeared yesterday. I was having a great day until my sister came over with cookie dough. We didn't even bake it. Shameful. And then we had McDonald's, which I told myself was fiscally responsible because she has a discount since she works there, it was a dirty lie. So anyway, yesterday was my cheat day, which means I have to be super good the rest of the week. This is why I don't weigh, I weighed yesterday morning, and I was down to 172 lbs, which is pretty awesome. But I felt like it gave me a day to do whatever, and that just isn't true. Moral of the story, I am being good today. Will post #'s and catch up later.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Ran three miles tonight and only stopped four times for less than a minute each. Actually kinda proud of myself considering I had a baby on July 5th and because my sciatic nerve was horrible, I couldn't run or even walk for long periods of time the entire pregnancy. The pace was slow but felt great to get back out there, crank up the tunes and tune the world out for a while. Hope everyone was able to stick to their goals for the most part this week. I have been eating really healthy and even though the baby is keeping me up most nights, I still feel pretty good. Have a good Friday everyone and continue strong through the weekend!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Ok Hello all! I'm getting ready to get in bed for a few minutes before John leaves for his trip, so just a quick check in.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 790.
2) Get 4 workouts done. M-Y. T-Y. W-Y. Th-N. F-N
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 35% ALMOST
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Nope, its Friday!
5) Drink more water! Yes.

Other:
1) Wedding planning. YES!
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! Yes.

April, I hope you start feeling better soon. That sounds like it really sucks.

Nobe, It was 103 in Texas today, and I was hiking all over the botanical gardens we picked for our wedding venue. With a denim jacket on (because it was stylish), you get used to it.

Tracey, I hope you have an awesome weekend!!

Hunny, I'm super impressed, I did not get started that soon after having Norah. Kudos.

Alright, Goodnight guys!!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Nobe, It was 103 in Texas today, and I was hiking all over the botanical gardens we picked for our wedding venue. With a denim jacket on (because it was stylish), you get used to it.
Oh, blech! Actually I grew up in Montreal where it was often 100+ in the summer and it didn't seem crazy then, but now I'm used to 70 and breezy and this hot stagnant air is just making me feel sick. There's supposed to be a big change on Sunday (from 90+ to around 70) starting with thunderstorms tomorrow night. Here's hoping they know what they're talking about for once because I can't take it anymore!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.